British Speedway Forum

16 hours ago, proud panther said:

Probably the worst team on paper in the last few years, in my opinion. Luckily, they ride on shale, so they have a chance to prove me wrong. Sincerely hope they do, because I don't like to see any team struggle.

Just joined this forum as I’m sick of reading the dross people keep posting. Newcastle have signed 7 riders willing to try their best for the club and as a supporter that’s all we can hope for, a rider going to try their best in every heat they ride. It’s time people get behind the club instead of keep stating how much they are going to struggle, stay positive as paper teams never win the league anyway and get behind the lads and support the diamonds.

Edited by Dicko
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Dicko but it appears its people who support other teams are having most to say.It is what it is and supporters need to get behind the team.

15 hours ago, Dicko said:

Just joined this forum as I’m sick of reading the dross people keep posting. Newcastle have signed 7 riders willing to try their best for the club and as a supporter that’s all we can hope for, a rider going to try their best in every heat they ride. It’s time people get behind the club instead of keep stating how much they are going to struggle, stay positive as paper teams never win the league anyway and get behind the lads and support the diamonds.

It's an opinion, what people are allowed to have on a forum.

I rather suspect this is a "holding" 1-7.  As soon as some of the polish mob realise they aren't going to ride and make themselves available, a change will be made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, idanthyrsus said:

I rather suspect this is a "holding" 1-7.  As soon as some of the polish mob realise they aren't going to ride and make themselves available, a change will be made.

that's exactly what's going to happen but in the meantime I'm happy to walk down Chillingham Road and turn left at the Fossway to see this team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ch958 said:

that's exactly what's going to happen but in the meantime I'm happy to walk down Chillingham Road and turn left at the Fossway to see this team

Isn't it easier to keep going and turn left onto grace st?

I live 160 miles away do can't go to brough.  Don't fancy several hours in the car to watch that team at Workington or Sheffield either.

Can't see one rider on that team who is going to improve, therefore the team will get around 33 points away from home.

32 minutes ago, ch958 said:

no entrance on Grace St to the best of my knowledge

There is if your on foot and, want to take the risk ;)

I assume you get the metro to chillingham road.& walk from there.if that’s the case,you walk up chillingham road and turn left onto the fossway.

It's all well and good saying this is a holding team until Polish teams release the riders they don't want is making the assumption that we could afford to sign any of them when they become available. Lets just get behind the riders putting on the Diamonds race bibs and enjoy watching speedway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Diamondlil said:

I assume you get the metro to chillingham road.& walk from there.if that’s the case,you walk up chillingham road and turn left onto the fossway.

from the top of Chilly rd. it would seem the long way round to go via Grace st. when surely it would be quicker to cut thru the bus depot onto the Fosse then your there ;)

1 hour ago, Diamondlil said:

no i live on Addycombe Tce near the coast road i just walk down Chilly Rd

if i don't go i can listen

Edited by ch958

11 minutes ago, ch958 said:

no i live on Addycombe Tce near the coast road i just walk down Chilly Rd

if i don't go i can listen

can you hear the results from there ???,,, the updates site might be better.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

can you hear the results from there ???,,, the updates site might be better.

Nice plug for the site Ruff - Sue will be pleased :)

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Nice plug for the site Ruff - Sue will be pleased :)

Well I do like to try n do me bit bruv :t:

• Like 1