British Speedway Forum

Also shocked Kus wasn't back with you lot - and although not a favourite, the main reason Redcar fans were a bit down on the signing, is that he is a downgrade on what we had last year, in Wright and/or Garrity...and also there is little chance of improvement, but things could have been worse...we could have been stuck with Robson or Wilkinson again

Matej was always going to ride in Poland and there is a greater chance of him actually getting a ride before his ex-teammate Rose. Anyway I think Marej will do well for Redcar under the new promotion. So Matej gets a ride, we get a loan fee and Redcar get a decent rider, everyone’s a winner.

In the case of BWD , I think his Peterborough actions late on last season could have done him. Remember if a decent rider is still without a team spot  there will always be a reason. Have faith in the promotion, as if they wanted a good rider, and he was available, I am sure they would have went after them. There is also another decent rider not fixed up yet, but that situation will change soon and we will then know why we did not signed him. 

• Like 2

So our first home meeting will now be the British Under-21 Semi-Final on the 8th April 2018.  Will our season tickets cover this event or are we to shell out extra for it

1000 Miles, 3 Meetings, 3 days

The weekend ahead could be a major make or break one for Josh Embleton as he embarks on three race meetings in three days. This might not sound like anything out of the ordinary to a lot of Speedway riders and fans alike but when the meetings are about as far apart as they possibly could be in England then you will recognise the task ahead for the likable Geordie.

BSF4.jpg

On Thursday Josh will head off for the 7 hour drive down to the Isle of Wight where he will be making his seasonal debut guesting in the National League against Eastbourne. Then he will get the ferry back over and head for Plymouth for another meeting on Friday night again for Isle of Wight.  His travelling does not stop their though with a return drip up North and on to Berwick for Newcastle Gems meeting against Berwick Border Raiders awaiting him on Saturday evening.

1000 miles will be covered over the three days and also two days unpaid from work. This all will have to come out of Josh’s pocket with points money and travelling expenses not covering the costs involved.

This young promising rider is chasing his dream and this just shows what lengths he will go to for the chance to fulfill it.

If any businesses / individuals would like to sponsor Josh we at team nopainnogain would very happily display your logos on our website and of course on Josh race bike etc.

This lad is making a huge sacrifice for this trip and it would be brilliant if his fellow Geordies could support him in any way which they could.

Good luck Josh and we will all be rooting for you.

http://teamnopainnogain.co.uk/

paypal donations  - gavin.parr@sky.com

Edited by Parsy29
  • Like 1

On 02/03/2018 at 5:28 PM, FreddieWebb said:

I'm unsure about the Newcastle DIamonds squad so far. Wrote a couple of articles about them so far with some thoughts on Ashley Morris and Carl Wilkinson. 1 about the signing of Carl Wilkinson and 2 about Ashley Morris and whether he can be an effective heat leader for the Diamonds or not.

https://www.tremr.com/freddie-webb/rider-report-carl-wilkinson

https://www.tremr.com/freddie-webb/can-ashley-morris-be-a-new-heat-leader-for-the-newcastle-diamonds

I remembered this post when it turned out Lindgren would be #1 not #5.

Looks like you may have seen Ashley's potential 1 year ahead of everyone else! He's doing great, but I think what the tea m needs is just for Ludvig to ride to his average - he doesn't have to be a member 1, just bang in some wins

7 hours ago, PaulS said:

I remembered this post when it turned out Lindgren would be #1 not #5.

Looks like you may have seen Ashley's potential 1 year ahead of everyone else! He's doing great, but I think what the tea m needs is just for Ludvig to ride to his average - he doesn't have to be a member 1, just bang in some wins

I think the fact that Ash was second in 'rider of the year' after he joined us late in 2016 says a lot, then last year also. 

He may have been like the littlest hobo in the past, but his words after the meeting last night were very encouraging.

Unfortunately, a think Ludde is always gonna be the whipping boy :-(.

Edited by ruffdiamond

Your probably right it’s not his fault the way the team has been built, the only thing he has control of is riding to his average or improving it which unfortunately he is not so has to come in for some criticism for that 

14 minutes ago, robbieblackadder fan club said:

Your probably right it’s not his fault the way the team has been built, the only thing he has control of is riding to his average or improving it which unfortunately he is not so has to come in for some criticism for that 

but, thus far this season only Ash andcTero are riding to or above their average,,, the other 5, injured or not, aren't?

He got his average away from #1 though. He is up against better riders now so an average drop is not unexpected, especially away, where he is erratic at the best of times.