British Speedway Forum

I say we wait until next months averages come out before we look for a replacement, then maybe Kevin Wolbert might fit?

Or maybe someone daft like Kenneth Bjerre or Patrick Hougaard if they're available on Sundays? At least if this is out last season we'll go out with someone to cheer on, (no offence to our current riders, I love them all but there isn't exactly a big, exciting name)

Kenneth Bjerre/Patrick Hougaard and Danny Ayres in for Lewis and Carl maybe? Have absolutely no idea if that'd fit... Hopwood instead of Ayres might fit?

I know I'm just living in dream land though haha

Then have the team as

Kenneth/Patrick

Tero

Ludvig

Stormy

Robbo

Ayres/Hopwood

Ash

Maybe Rohan Tungate might want to double up?

3 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I say we wait until next months averages come out before we look for a replacement, then maybe Kevin Wolbert might fit?

Or maybe someone daft like Kenneth Bjerre or Patrick Hougaard if they're available on Sundays? At least if this is out last season we'll go out with someone to cheer on, (no offence to our current riders, I love them all but there isn't exactly a big, exciting name)

Kenneth Bjerre/Patrick Hougaard and Danny Ayres in for Lewis and Carl maybe? Have absolutely no idea if that'd fit... Hopwood instead of Ayres might fit?

I know I'm just living in dream land though haha

Then have the team as

Kenneth/Patrick

Tero

Ludvig

Stormy

Robbo

Ayres/Hopwood

Ash

Bjerre and  Hougaard  both averaged over 6 in the premier league in 2017 so wouldn't be allowed.

13 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Bjerre and  Hougaard  both averaged over 6 in the premier league in 2017 so wouldn't be allowed.

But is there a way to bend the rules? Like with the one rider above 8 in original declared line up but then you can have 2 after that in the prem, can we do that? Or is it ok for some rules to be bent but not others? :)

You have to feel for the Newcastle promotion, they try all winter to secure a No1 and having found one at the last minute they now lose him through no fault of their own. Obviously they will receive a guest facility for 28 days and then make a signing in that time, but could Lewis Rose not come back into the team once he has had his time away to get whatever needs sorted sorted. On the other hand now that the Polish league has started and one or two riders are getting the regular racing they thought they would maybe Newcastle could look there as surely a full time job at Newcastle is better than waiting for a chance in Poland.

New green sheet averages from 01 May show a little change. Overall team average drops slightly from 41.24 to 41.10 meaning we have 7.87 to play with regarding a replacement for Lewis. Robbo moves to number 1. Ash stays (just) at reserve for another month. Result!

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Errr. Wasn't that rule rescinded?? Isn't that how Panthers got Nicholls?

25 minutes ago, leander said:

Are Bjerre and Hougaard 'home grown' does that mean they have to be British or they they've spent some of their career in this country already, what does that mean?

33 minutes ago, leander said:

New green sheet averages from 01 May show a little change. Overall team average drops slightly from 41.24 to 41.10 meaning we have 7.87 to play with regarding a replacement for Lewis. Robbo moves to number 1. Ash stays (just) at reserve for another month. Result!

Robson at 1 could be even more dodgy than Ludvig!! But I feel that Ludvig will be better in the main body that Robson is, so maybe it's ok in the end. Although I'm glad Ash it at reserve still :)

25 minutes ago, leander said:

I believe this was allowed  because he is British , and bspa bowed down on advice of SCB after pressure was put on them with  the threat of barristers being involved and a possible expensive court case . Personally I think the common sense solution would be all riders should have the chance to ride in both divisions as long as the team max allowance is adhered to

1 hour ago, leander said:

53 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Are Bjerre and Hougaard 'home grown' does that mean they have to be British or they they've spent some of their career in this country already, what does that mean?

am sure that 'home grown', in lamens terms, actually means, ' Brits only',,, but with 'Britex' and that going on, it might upset a few ;)

If Robbo goes to no.1,,, I had better load up me 'ammo' for WKD ;)

With Tero riding ok and, if Matty can score above his average, or maintain it, we might be able to squeeze a bit more out of Ash at reserve.

Edited by ruffdiamond

How about Frederik Jacobsen not sure of his average he done pretty well at belle vue at the start of the season in the open meeting 

He has a Polish team... Although I know that doesn't necessarily mean no, it probably won't help...