Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

am sure that 'home grown', in lamens terms, actually means, ' Brits only',,, but with 'Britex' and that going on, it might upset a few ;)

Yep. My mistake forgot about the homegrown bit. 

On 30/04/2018 at 8:07 AM, ruffdiamond said:

I think the fact that Ash was second in 'rider of the year' after he joined us late in 2016 says a lot, then last year also. 

He may have been like the littlest hobo in the past, but his words after the meeting last night were very encouraging.

Unfortunately, a think Ludde is always gonna be the whipping boy :-(.

He is under performing though RD. Perhaps a rest from the Captaincy might help. We already have an ideal replacement for that job in 'Robbo'.

I think he should have been given it in the first place.

20 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

If Robbo goes to no.1,,, I had better load up me 'ammo' for WKD ;)

What if Lindgren goes to Reserve - not an impossible scenario the way things are going for him this Season? :)

Up to and including:                        
Sunday, October 22, 2017                        
AVERAGES M R P B GSA Ave. 1st 2nd 3rd 4th R Ex
Robert Lambert 28 133 310 14 9.32 9.74 75 34 17 4 2 1
Steve Worrall 29 142 324 11 9.13 9.44 78 37 16 7 1 3
Ludvig Lindgren 33 146 263 29 7.21 8.00 43 50 34 17 0 2
Stuart Robson 14 61 107 13 7.02 7.87 13 26 16 4 1 1
Ashley Morris 36 150 183 33 4.88 5.76 22 34 49 35 4 6
Ben Hopwood 30 122 75 14 2.46 2.92 3 12 42 59 2 4
Alfie Bowtell 20 86 47 13 2.19 2.79 0 9 29 44 2 2
Lewis Rose 18 77 125 20 6.49 7.53 16 29 19 8 1 4
Danny Phillips 4 16 14 5 3.50 4.75 2 2 4 5 2 1
Dan Greenwood 3 12 6 1 2.00 2.33 1 1 1 9 0 0
Connor Coles 12 45 7 2 0.62 0.80 0 1 5 33 2 4

Last year Ludvig averaged third highest in our team, behind Steve and Robert which is reasonable, he averaged better than Robson and Lewis (Our other two heat leaders so far this year) How does he under perform and the likes of Robson and Lewis don't? Fair enough, he's had a shaky start to this year, but the whole team has, what did anyone else expect? He's in a position that he shouldn't be in (number 1) and the whole team throughout is pretty weak compared to other teams in the league, we have no money and we've been told since last November that this year would be dodgy, as RD says, Ludvig will always be the whipping boy

However, I do agree, Robbo, Ash or even Wilko should maybe be the captain, never quite understood the captaincy for Ludvig other than the fact he's been a face at Newcastle for many years so it's a bit of familiarity

Ludvig's heat 1 win on Sunday was a fine ride, just needs to get his machinery issues sorted...

23 hours ago, leander said:

New green sheet averages from 01 May show a little change. Overall team average drops slightly from 41.24 to 41.10 meaning we have 7.87 to play with regarding a replacement for Lewis. Robbo moves to number 1. Ash stays (just) at reserve for another month. Result!

Those new averages are based over  20 last meetings in both 2017 and 2018, and now include Championship Shield points, despite League Cup and Shield meetings not usually included. It does men the likes of Ludde has only just dropped a little, and Ash's average has only increase marginally after it has been rolled over the 20 meetings. With Robbo at number 1, we can get a decent number 1 for the next 5 meetings,  giving the promotion a breather to get a Rose replacement in during that month.

16 minutes ago, PaulS said:

Ludvig's heat 1 win on Sunday was a fine ride, just needs to get his machinery issues sorted...

Wish I'd been there to see it, sounds like it was a cracking meeting, I'm still in Finland and have only seen them once this year!!

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Those new averages are based over  20 last meetings in both 2017 and 2018, and now include Championship Shield points, despite League Cup and Shield meetings not usually included. It does men the likes of Ludde has only just dropped a little, and Ash's average has only increase marginally after it has been rolled over the 20 meetings. With Robbo at number 1, we can get a decent number 1 for the next 5 meetings,  giving the promotion a breather to get a Rose replacement in during that month.

No offence to Robbo, he's a great man and all that, but I wouldn't exactly call him a decent number 1 either, no rider in our team is a number 1, but as long as we have good reserves, that's not too bad I guess

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

The choice of guests for Robbo hasn't changed simply because his average hasn't changed. It's just that whoever guests (assuming we continue to go down that route) will be at No1 instead of No 3 or 5 or wherever.

Revised list has been issued today which sees quite a few changed for a number of teams!!

Lindgren still at no1 :o

This most recent list includes 30 meetings rather than the previously stated 20 meeting sample :rolleyes:

I would say you couldnt make it up but clearly someone is!

47 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Revised list has been issued today which sees quite a few changed for a number of teams!!

Lindgren still at no1 :o

This most recent list includes 30 meetings rather than the previously stated 20 meeting sample :rolleyes:

I would say you couldnt make it up but clearly someone is!

I'm not too sure if that's good news or bad!! The new list means that we now have 8.45 to play with to replace Lewis. That's the good news. The bad news is Robbo's average has dropped from 7.02 to 6.65 which further restricts our choice of guests. For example Lewis Kerr is no longer eligible (even with the 5% bonus allowed for home meetings) although Palm Toft still fits for Robbo but not Lewis Rose (who's average, for some reason, hasn't changed),

The issue of this first set of revised green sheets has been shambolic to say the least.

Shield or no shield meetings included

20 meetings then 30 meetings

All these changes after teams had declared their sides for this weeks meetings before now finding out guests are not now allowable in some cases or no longer elligible in others 

17 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The issue of this first set of revised green sheets has been shambolic to say the least.

Shield or no shield meetings included

20 meetings then 30 meetings

All these changes after teams had declared their sides for this weeks meetings before now finding out guests are not now allowable in some cases or no longer elligible in others 

It's called   BSPA/ SCB  transparency I believe. What a shocker here we are 4/5 weeks into the season and still nobody knows what the rules are regarding averages and the championship shield is so ill thought out it's a total shambles.

4 hours ago, The White Knight said:

He is under performing though RD. Perhaps a rest from the Captaincy might help. We already have an ideal replacement for that job in 'Robbo'.

I think he should have been given it in the first place.

What if Lindgren goes to Reserve - not an impossible scenario the way things are going for him this Season? :)

as I mentioned earlier,  based on this seasons matches so far, only Ash and Tero are performing to, or above their averages. I agree that Ludde is under performing, as to is Robbo, Wethers, Wilkinson and Rose was. Although the critism of those riders seems non existant. I don't find that strange at all tho, but in my opinion I don't agree with it.

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 hours ago, leander said:

The choice of guests for Robbo hasn't changed simply because his average hasn't changed. It's just that whoever guests (assuming we continue to go down that route) will be at No1 instead of No 3 or 5 or wherever.

????

Yes. I mistakedly still had Robbo on 7.02, so same old for his replacements.