British Speedway Forum

WKD,,, you could be right and Lindgren could have a spell at reserve,,, but of the 6 riders we have at present, Lindgren will end the season on a higher average than Robbo, Wethers, Wilko and Tero. I am open to a wager on it ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

WKD,,, you could be right and Lindgren could have a spell at reserve,,, but of the 6 riders we have at present, Lindgren will end the season on a higher average than Robbo, Wethers, Wilko and Tero. I am open to a wager on it ;)

Definately true. Ludde has done 3 engines in this year, and when he gets over that he is easily able to get back to a 7.5 average.

4 hours ago, The White Knight said:

He is under performing though RD. Perhaps a rest from the Captaincy might help. We already have an ideal replacement for that job in 'Robbo'.

I think he should have been given it in the first place.

What if Lindgren goes to Reserve - not an impossible scenario the way things are going for him this Season? :)

Except he's missing for most of May at least.

26 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Definately true. Ludde has done 3 engines in this year, 

Thats not good, do you think he's been riding them too fast ??? ;)

one of them was 'back-firing' the other day, and me dog ended up hiding in the shower,,, he was really upset and a don't think he'll ever get over it, a had to take him home :(

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

as I mentioned earlier,  based on this seasons matches so far, only Ash and Tero are performing to, or above their averages. I agree that Ludde is under performing, as to is Robbo, Wethers, Wilkinson and Rose was. Although the critism of those riders seems non existant. I don't find that strange at all tho, but in my opinion I don't agree with it.

It's still early in the season - I think Wethers and Wilkinson are doing OK and have decent starts to build on. Robson has simply not been on a bike long enough to assess although I was pleased when he was announced...Rose has, yes, underperformed, but his crash with Danny at Brough Park and his accident riding for King's Lynn shortly after seem to have taken their toll. But for those 2 accidents he might have been working towards #1 - what a shame.

Tero looking a very decent rider this season.

Can't comment on Ashley as I have run out of superlatives.

My biggest concern so far is my favourite rider Ludvig - big machinery problems, but if he's riding in the Swedish league that won't help to make time to sort them...I expect the promoters will give him more time, but he can't carry on scoring only 5 on home shale...

• Like 3

22 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

The issue of this first set of revised green sheets has been shambolic to say the least.

Shield or no shield meetings included

20 meetings then 30 meetings

All these changes after teams had declared their sides for this weeks meetings before now finding out guests are not now allowable in some cases or no longer elligible in others 

As someone else noted - SNAFU!!!

18 hours ago, PaulS said:

It's still early in the season - I think Wethers and Wilkinson are doing OK and have decent starts to build on. Robson has simply not been on a bike long enough to assess although I was pleased when he was announced...Rose has, yes, underperformed, but his crash with Danny at Brough Park and his accident riding for King's Lynn shortly after seem to have taken their toll. But for those 2 accidents he might have been working towards #1 - what a shame.

Tero looking a very decent rider this season.

Can't comment on Ashley as I have run out of superlatives.

My biggest concern so far is my favourite rider Ludvig - big machinery problems, but if he's riding in the Swedish league that won't help to make time to sort them...I expect the promoters will give him more time, but he can't carry on scoring only 5 on home shale...

Good Post.

Regarding Lindgren's Equipment - where are his best Bikes - Newcastle or Sweden?

22 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Thats not good, do you think he's been riding them too fast ??? ;)

one of them was 'back-firing' the other day, and me dog ended up hiding in the shower,,, he was really upset and a don't think he'll ever get over it, a had to take him home :(

Rumoured that there's a bad batch of GM's floating around that are blowing up because they're faulty. Have heard that Summers has been GIVEN a new one from GM because of this. I've no idea how true this is.

1 hour ago, leander said:

Rumoured that there's a bad batch of GM's floating around that are blowing up because they're faulty. Have heard that Summers has been GIVEN a new one from GM because of this. I've no idea how true this is.

Lindgren must have been getting this same dodgy batch for years then, as what I see this year is exactly the same as we have seen since the day he joined us. Promises so much, delivers very little, excuses always given, and never can be truelly relied on when needed.... He is who he is, an enigma, who will score an 18 point max against the odd day his confidence is high at home, will pass the odd star in a race at home and have everyone on their feet..... for that we get average performances at home being beaten off riders with half the potential and sometimes half the age, and away will always score next to nothing...... except Edinburgh and the odd Redcar. 

Amazingly his engines always work at Edinburgh and on those days he rides Redcar well, every year they always play up at all the other tracks.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

Lindgren must have been getting this same dodgy batch for years then, as what I see this year is exactly the same as we have seen since the day he joined us. Promises so much, delivers very little, excuses always given, and never can be truelly relied on when needed.... He is who he is, an enigma, who will score an 18 point max against the odd day his confidence is high at home, will pass the odd star in a race at home and have everyone on their feet..... for that we get average performances at home being beaten off riders with half the potential and sometimes half the age, and away will always score next to nothing...... except Edinburgh and the odd Redcar. 

Amazingly his engines always work at Edinburgh and on those days he rides Redcar well, every year they always play up at all the other tracks.

So are you accusing him (or his mechanic, who doesn't seem to have the best reputation) of tampering with his bike, or purposely riding crap at tracks he doesn't like? I'm sure he is the person who wants points scored the most, after all it is his income... The good thing about Ludvig is that he does have great races where he passes stars, or nights where he is untouchable, and generally it's some of the best racing out there, I know it doesn't happen a lot, but when it does, to me, it makes all the rest of the meetings where he's struggled worth it... However, I must say that I don't think someone like that should be a number 1, or a number 5 really, it was better last year when he was in the 3/4 partnership all year (Still my favourite diamond) Although Ashley is pushing for that lol

The crux of the problem is that he is not a no 1 so his performances aren’t highlighted as much when at 3 or 4, he is so inconsistent and an enigma not one of my favourite riders but it’s due to the team build up he’s coming up for so much stick the same thing happened a couple of years ago, you can’t just expect a 7 point rider to be a no 1 they are a 7 point rider for a reason(inconsistency) you can’t expect him to constantly knocking in the points worral and lambert bagged as they were 9 point riders, it would appear mechanically he could do better but if there is any blame it’s in the team make up, as I’ve said before if he rides to his average that’s all he can do.

• Like 1

But his performances were 'highlighted' constantly last year too... By the same few

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

But his performances were 'highlighted' constantly last year too... By the same few

and a few of same few,  don't attend or didn't attend,,, so must have been going by updates or hearsay ;)

17 hours ago, The White Knight said:

As someone else noted - SNAFU!!!

Good Post.

Regarding Lindgren's Equipment - where are his best Bikes - Newcastle or Sweden?

Silly thing to say, if I may say so.  His bikes in Sweden will be tuned to suit Swedish tracks and his UK bikes tuned to suit the UK tracks.

The hidden agenda from yourself to suggest he keeps his 'best bikes' (not that there is such a thing) in Sweden, is, to be honest, quite appalling, in my opinion.

Lindgren (and Robson) are both on a hiding to nothing at numbers 1 and 5

and lindgren has to face the opposition top 2 in heat 13 as opposed to his counter-part and a reserve in heat 14 - so instead of getting 2-3 points in that heat he's getting 1-2 in heat 13 so his average is only going 1 way - and that's down

lindgren also has the pressure of being the number 1 and set the tone for the team

Yes - he is currently not riding to his potential

Yes he is having bike problems and with all sports u need to be confident to perform at your best (LOOK AT 4 TIME WORLD CHAMPION LEWIS HAMILTON) - which lindgren clearly is not

Lindgren looks like a rider under pressure and certainly doesn't look as though hes enjoying racing atm - imho

I don't recall lindgren ever proclaiming he is a number 1  (hes a third heat leader with potential to be better) yet people are expecting him to ride and score like one

As ive said  I don't have a problem with the 7 riders riding for us - just not in the same team

And lindgren is an enigma - v Sheffield - superb 3rd to 1st in heat 1 ...........  then beaten by the opposition reserve in heat 6 !!!  that's luddo :)    but superbly entertaining around Brough when in form

• Like 1

The thing with Lindgren though if you take out heat 13 he still has to face the opposing heat leader 3 times during a meeting, it’s no different to riding at number 4 surely? He still has to face the same riders minus heat 14. Granted he is so inconsistent. Some of his away scores are disgraceful for someone who’s been around the tracks as long as he has.