British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

It would be more stupid if Kus came back to Newcastle, and we got another loan free for the same period that Redcar had paid for from another club. What would be your solution that wouldn't sound odd ?

That's how it works in football. If the loaning club terminated his loan early, that is their problem quite frankly. They should of invested their investment better at the start of the season.

9 minutes ago, Najjer said:

That's how it works in football. If the loaning club terminated his loan early, that is their problem quite frankly. They should of invested their investment better at the start of the season.

Which is sensible for football, but it doesn't necessarily make sub contracting of a loan deal in Speedway daft.

43 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Once Redcar took him on loan for the year and paid the fee, he us their rider for that year. If they loan him to say Peterborough, Peterborough would pay Redcar for the rest of the year pro rate fee. Substitute Newcastle for Peterborough and the same applies. Call it a loan fee or compensation, it amounts to the same thing.

His contract is terminated, talk about a private club flaunting employment law.  One day a rider is going to take the private club all the way in employment law, and the sooner that day comes the better.

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

We would have to pay Redcar a loan fee.

Yes and they signed him as a 7 point rider so the loan fee should be appropriate to that. If we sign him back then he is only a 4 point rider so we should be paying them less than they are paying us. :lol:. Deal!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Which is sensible for football, but it doesn't necessarily make sub contracting of a loan deal in Speedway daft.

You can't honestly believe that a club who have terminated his loan deal and sacked him, then potentially recieving a loan fee off the club they loaned him from initially is 'sensible' can you? Like I said, only in speedway!

11 minutes ago, Najjer said:

You can't honestly believe that a club who have terminated his loan deal and sacked him, then potentially recieving a loan fee off the club they loaned him from initially is 'sensible' can you? Like I said, only in speedway!

EXACTLY :blink:

17 hours ago, sparks123 said:

The comment was mainly aimed at Ruffdiamond with his car-park comment.:cheers:

And mine was just tongue in cheek 

2 hours ago, mauger65 said:

Fair point ....  but if this so why hasn't it been communicated by either the BSPA or Newcastle ..............  its just typical of the sport that the paying public are kept in the dark ... for no good reason

If we turn up with a guest at Scunthorpe there will be more claims of foul play !!

however, as the conspiracy cranks will point out do the rules allow it ?

do the rules only allow the granting of  one 28 day period ........  and that the BSPA are bending the rules in providing an extension to Newcastle because of the difficult circumstances ..... its not like BSPA havent bent rules in the past (or frankly ignored them)

however, rules are rules and i think opposition teams would be quite right to be unhappy...... although its not the promoters fault the simple fact is it is upto Newcastlte to field  a side and if it is an under strength side then so be it - lets face it the original  7 would not have been  their team of choice  and was the best they could do ...............

what is more worryling is Newcastle's future if we cannot attract any decent riders because of this Polish situation ...... other teams have been able to move from a Sunday .... but econoimically we have to ride Sundays ......  i think our crowds have held up well and accepted the 2018 situation ... however if this continues into 2019 i think it will be challenging to say the least ......   scraping home wins and being thumped away wont attract new support

anyway I dont know the rules but likewise no one seems to know whats going on with this facilty

Not sure the BSPA/SCB do either.

1 hour ago, balderdash&piffle said:

His contract is terminated, talk about a private club flaunting employment law.  One day a rider is going to take the private club all the way in employment law, and the sooner that day comes the better.

And what law is that then ?. A club, not using their asset, enters into a loan agreement with another club and the rider and everyone is happy. It doesn't work out, and the owning club tries to get him placed with another club and the releasing club gets back some of the loan fee. Who lost out and what law was broken. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

And what law is that then ?. A club, not using their asset, enters into a loan agreement with another club and the rider and everyone is happy. It doesn't work out, and the owning club tries to get him placed with another club and the releasing club gets back some of the loan fee. Who lost out and what law was broken. 

Rather depends what was written in the contract :)  Unless we know that then everything else is mere speculation...

I understand its all about the rules and regs but its just plain daft that should Newcastle decide to sign Matej Kus, their own rider, they would need to pay a loan fee to Redcar who have decided to sack him.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, idanthyrsus said:

Rather depends what was written in the contract :)  Unless we know that then everything else is mere speculation...

You either sign a season long loan contract, or say a 28 days loan contract. Terms are between the hiring club and the rider so there is no variables that are unknown.

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

You either sign a season long loan contract, or say a 28 days loan contract. Terms are between the hiring club and the rider so there is no variables that are unknown.

How about Kus on a 28(?) day thingy ???

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:04 AM, StevePark said:

28 day facility for Lewis Rose ended tonight, so we either 1) have to sign someone for Scunthorpe on Friday, or, 2) it will be an NL guest.  Stuart Robson hopes to be back soon.   

6 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Of course everyone is missing the fact, especially with the dearth of riders that are free and available at the moment, that the Diamonds and George may have been given another 28 days extension which is normal practice for similar cases. #justsayinglike

This 'exception that is being taken by Berwick folks on this issue, must have spread to a certain member of their promotion, who pointed out that I was running the later NJL meeting  without any redflaggers in attendance tut tut. That was because it was between races and they had rakes in their hands at the time raking, and their flags were on the grass. I pointed them out individually to him, and gave him their names one at a time. It must of been something in the Berwick tea on Sunday tut tut.

It was your fellow Newcastle fan who brought the point up about the function running out not me.  I had no idea if Newcastle had another 28 day facility or not but as another Newcastle fan has basically said, if they have it should have been confirmed to the fans before Sunday's meeting.  #justsayinglike

Since I have taken exception could you explain why Newcastle fans are saying that a 28 day facility run out after 29 days.  Could you confirm what facilities are available to teams when a rider takes time out/retires?

Could you also confirm what other teams have had an extension to the facility for a rider retiring?  

Roy mentioned on Sunday that if we didn’t have an announcement by close Sunday we would have one on Tuesday night re: new signing. I won’t be there tonight but look forward to seeing who it is........