British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Because he’d improve the team surely? And apart from 3/4 matches Wilkinson has been poor. 

No, he really  hasn't. 

It seems to me that the team is in some measure fuelled by team spirit and to sack one of them may do a lot of damage to that. 

Jeppesen averages 3.81 in the PL, which is probably about a 5 in this league. 

As I say, why?

22 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

No, he really  hasn't. 

It seems to me that the team is in some measure fuelled by team spirit and to sack one of them may do a lot of damage to that. 

Jeppesen averages 3.81 in the PL, which is probably about a 5 in this league. 

As I say, why?

Well that’s your opinion but I think if there is any new Danes who we could potentially sign I’d go for it, might take a few matches to bed in but they’d become an asset which in turn would be good for the future. 

I think he’d come in on 5.2 Wilkinson is averaging 4.6 that’s half a point swing. We will just have to wait and see if we do make any change though.

16 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Well that’s your opinion but I think if there is any new Danes who we could potentially sign I’d go for it, might take a few matches to bed in but they’d become an asset which in turn would be good for the future. 

I think he’d come in on 5.2 Wilkinson is averaging 4.6 that’s half a point swing. We will just have to wait and see if we do make any change though.

Carl's Green sheet average is 4.6 and includes part of 2017. His 2018 average is 5.35. No swing at all.

Jeppesen would be assessed at 5.2. Emphasis on the word ASSESSED. He's averaging 3.81 from the reserve slot racing against, primarily, Premiership riders. It would be a big risk, not worth it in my opinion.

20 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

I see Ludvig has stepped down.......

as captain of the Diamonds!!!

Hopefully this will achieve what it sets out to do and see an improvement in Ludde's away form, which can only be a good thing for the Diamonds.

Stuart Robson takes over.

Why the big space between first two lines???? Did your finger get stuck ??

2 hours ago, KEITH M said:

Why the big space between first two lines???? Did your finger get stuck ??

No it was more to do with the fact that people may have thought he had stepped down from the team, might have pleased a few Diamonds fans, not me. :P

Hopefully he gets his away form sorted.

20 hours ago, bloom89 said:

4 hours ago, leander said:

Carl's Green sheet average is 4.6 and includes part of 2017. His 2018 average is 5.35. No swing at all.

Jeppesen would be assessed at 5.2. Emphasis on the word ASSESSED. He's averaging 3.81 from the reserve slot racing against, primarily, Premiership riders. It would be a big risk, not worth it in my opinion.

Can't see any imminent changes at the moment. A think Kus will make a mockery of his 'sub 5 ave.' and seems the rest are just about doing their job.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Can't see any imminent changes at the moment. A think Kus will make a mockery of his 'sub 5 ave.' and seems the rest are just about doing their job.

I think in normal circumstances the logical thing to do would be to bring in a new potentially big rider, and let him settle in like Bloom says above. But you have to remember the difficulties of getting the new promotion up and running in time for the new season, and it was stated that this year was one of 'consolidation'. In the circumstances the current Diamonds had had some cracking results at home, and a few near misses away. The racing has been good this year, and most riders have in fact raised their average, although they are tempered by the number of last seasons meetings have now been included  

Anyone know why Ludvig is not riding in the fours?

6 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Anyone know why Ludvig is not riding in the fours?

Because it's away??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, enotian said:

Because it's away??

He's stepped down as captain now so he should be fine away from home!!! :approve: :D

Edited by diamond@heart

On 6/19/2018 at 7:48 PM, Tsunami said:

I think in normal circumstances the logical thing to do would be to bring in a new potentially big rider, and let him settle in like Bloom says above. But you have to remember the difficulties of getting the new promotion up and running in time for the new season, and it was stated that this year was one of 'consolidation'. In the circumstances the current Diamonds had had some cracking results at home, and a few near misses away. The racing has been good this year, and most riders have in fact raised their average, although they are tempered by the number of last seasons meetings have now been included  

Just thought I'd make a quick appearance back on here ha ha. I agree with you Dave the racing has been decent so far this season. I think the team is holding their own. Looking solid at home and been unlucky away from home on a few occasions. Remember we only won one away match last season which was at Peterborough largely thanks to reserve guest James Shanes. Just interested to know what the doubters thoughts are who predicted us to be wooden spoonists.Just thinking back to Arsonfire's comment at the start of the season that he would rather pay the petrol money and go to Redcar. Someone else also spouted up they would be happy to share the petrol with him. Can't remember who that was. Maybe they will be honest enough and remind me. A quick look at the league table shows the bears from Redcar struggling. Are you still a regular down there Arse and your mate? Boomerang as usual has been picking and choosing his meetings but still voicing his opinion over the pit fence. Hope this team which is full of triers can keep plugging away until the end of the season. Bye for now. Tin hat at the ready. Ha ha ha ha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Winditon said:

Just thought I'd make a quick appearance back on here ha ha. I agree with you Dave the racing has been decent so far this season. I think the team is holding their own. Looking solid at home and been unlucky away from home on a few occasions. Remember we only won one away match last season which was at Peterborough largely thanks to reserve guest James Shanes. Just interested to know what the doubters thoughts are who predicted us to be wooden spoonists.Just thinking back to Arsonfire's comment at the start of the season that he would rather pay the petrol money and go to Redcar. Someone else also spouted up they would be happy to share the petrol with him. Can't remember who that was. Maybe they will be honest enough and remind me. A quick look at the league table shows the bears from Redcar struggling. Are you still a regular down there Arse and your mate? Boomerang as usual has been picking and choosing his meetings but still voicing his opinion over the pit fence. Hope this team which is full of triers can keep plugging away until the end of the season. Bye for now. Tin hat at the ready. Ha ha ha ha.

The return of the WUM who was so bad at it he had to tell us that was what he was doing.  He he ha ha ha ha. 

2 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

The return of the WUM who was so bad at it he had to tell us that was what he was doing.  He he ha ha ha ha. 

Ah, it's all good fun TG, but they are right what they say. They've even surprised me at times with such strength that you feel at times they are all capable of scoring 7 or 8 every meeting. Not bad for a year of 'consolidation'. :P

Edited by Tsunami

53 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Ah, it's all good fun TG, but they are right what they say. They've even supposed me at times with such strength that you feel at times they are all capable of scoring 7 or 8 ever meeting. Not bad for a year of 'consolidation'. :P

Dave it's nice to see the LOYAL fans rewarded with a team that gives it all. I hope those that have deserted us are enjoying their speedway elsewhere. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

A non speedway related question . Getting the train from Glasgow to Newcastle on Friday morning . What is the best way to get from the train station out to Newcastle airport without it costing me an arm and a leg in a taxi ?