British Speedway Forum

Losing Worrall to Scunthorpe - deary me, does not bode well for the worst team in the North East...

Yous lost Garrity to the same team :)

Yous lost Garrity to the same team :)

Whilst I would have taken Garrity back, most werent keen and I have little doubt our promotion told him he would not be coming back. Barker and Wright are our main two....and we already have one of them

Losing Worrall to Scunthorpe - deary me, does not bode well for the worst team in the North East...

and if we don't run, that honour will return to Redcar (as per) ;)

• Like 1

Still playing the fool I see. It's very convincing.

So Workington confirm they are running next season , not a squeek from Newcastle worries me .

So Workington confirm they are running next season , not a squeek from Newcastle worries me .

With Lambert and Worrall gone it doesn't give you any confidence does it.

With Lambert and Worrall gone it doesn't give you any confidence does it.

Not really there was never much chance of lambert coming back, and it always seemed Worrall would want to ride in Poland which meant finding another track.
  • Like 1

Newcastle speedway is like a secret society crossed with a morgue they tell the supporters sweet FA then they cry when the crowds are falling. Tell the paying people what's going on not the free loaders.

• Like 4

My season ticket money is burning a hole in my pocket.

A few words about next year wouldnt go amiss now.

it was mentioned on another thread that, an unsuccessful team might only have 14 home meetings next season. So season tickets surely 'should be' cheaper, so you could maybe spend a bit of the money, or if your having trouble keeping it safe, I would happily look after it for you till after Xmas ;) Edited by ruffdiamond

Newcastle speedway is like a secret society crossed with a morgue they tell the supporters sweet FA then they cry when the crowds are falling. Tell the paying people what's going on not the free loaders.

Perhaps there is nothing to tell... yet :unsure:

• Like 1

Give them a break. George is on holiday, and since he is the sole promoter (I suspect) now he probably needs a bit of time to be brought up to speed with the conference decisions (he wasn't there). No doubt there will be news when there is news to tell.

Fer foofs sake, I am damned sure that George will do his best to maintain speedway in Newcastle, and if he does not, it will not be for the want of trying.

• Like 1

I think some people on here just need to relax a little bit yes I think we would all like the club to communicate with the fans a bit better with regards to next season but were listed as being in the championship next season and in the draw for the knockout cup, Im sure if we werent running there would have been an announcement by now.

I think some people on here just need to relax a little bit yes I think we would all like the club to communicate with the fans a bit better with regards to next season but were listed as being in the championship next season and in the draw for the knockout cup, Im sure if we werent running there would have been an announcement by now.

Let's all hope you are right.