British Speedway Forum

Quoting a post and if you noticed i did say wether it happens will wait and see.

Hardly saying i know something is it.

Dont you just love assumptions.

Anyway dont you just love the i know somerhing i heard that you dont know brigade about Hancock deary me.

Slightly touchy!! It was said tongue in cheek which is why the "lol" was on the end.

Slightly touchy!! It was said tongue in cheek which is why the "lol" was on the end.

Fully aware it was light hearted that was why the smiley was there.

Was just quoting what was said nothing more nothing less, but as I say will wait and see what transpires to be fair we don't even know what the structure will be like or points limit.

Don't ya just love the "I know someone who knows someone who's heard from Syd at the chippy that we're signing him" anyway I thought greg Hancock was signing for Glasgow lol

How is Syd these days?always did a smashing bit of haddock

The problem with Steve is he may want do the same as Robert this season and try Poland, and if he does Diamonds cant sign him or we could have same problems all over again. Mind you he might not have wait and see what happens. As for the rest of the team everybody is an option for next reason, it was the balance not the individual riders but I do expect some changes has to be really.

Steve has tried Poland this year in the same division as Robert. The main race-day for that division being a saturday. The problem with Robert arose because his team made the playoffs (Steve's didn't) which are always run on consecutive sundays at the end of their season.

Robert has already said he is unlikely to ride in the championship next year. I fear we could lose Steve as well if he chooses to forgo the championship for a higher division in Poland. (Sundays).

However, It is said that Poland are looking to reduce the size of their squads next year from the current 15 ( I believe) to 8. If that happens it could be that their are not a lot of foreign contracts to be had in Poland next year apart from the big (GP) boys. Why sign a british championship 8 point man when there is a polish championship standard 8 point man available.

The only two riders I would possibly keep in 2018 would be Stuy defiantly and possibly Alfie but the rest goodbye, with the expected moves up for Rob and Steve.

That is what the word is up here at the last home meeting.

Wether it happens we will just have to wait and see.

If Glasgow want it - it will happen - money talks!!

That is what the word is up here at the last home meeting.

Wether it happens we will just have to wait and see.

Interesting post number 97 on Workington v Glasgow 23/09/2017 thread. Maybe Richie and Steve will both be wearing black and white next season.

Interesting post number 97 on Workington v Glasgow 23/09/2017 thread. Maybe Richie and Steve will both be wearing black and white next season.

Anything is possible.

so, the hairstyle story was made up ?

Anything is possible.

saying things like that can lead to trouble.

Yes on a tactical ride but very much doubt in the same Diamonds side. We can but hope.

• Like 2

I hope 'Robbo' rides at Newcastle next Season.

Always works hard and is a good Team man - in fact - I would give him the Captaincy.

• Like 2

So as a lot of talk is going on about the Premiership riding Monday and Thursday next season with potentially lakeside and Sheffield moving up as has been mentioned how would that effect the Championship?

With only the likes of Newcastle, Redcar, Berwick, Edinburgh, Workington, Glasgow and Scunthorpe left would that be one league?

Part of the problem this season is seeing the same teams over and over surely this wont help bring the crowds flocking back.

So as a lot of talk is going on about the Premiership riding Monday and Thursday next season with potentially lakeside and Sheffield moving up as has been mentioned how would that effect the Championship?

With only the likes of Newcastle, Redcar, Berwick, Edinburgh, Workington, Glasgow and Scunthorpe left would that be one league?

Part of the problem this season is seeing the same teams over and over surely this wont help bring the crowds flocking back.

If true - once again the Second Division in British Speedway has been stripped to pull the First Division out of the mire they have got themselves in to.

Will the Championship survive with Seven Clubs Plus additional Teams from the National League meaning yet another dilution in quality. How many will go to the wall?

No the wonder Speedway is on the ropes.

If true - once again the Second Division in British Speedway has been stripped to pull the First Division out of the mire they have got themselves in to.

Will the Championship survive with Seven Clubs Plus additional Teams from the National League meaning yet another dilution in quality. How many will go to the wall?

No the wonder Speedway is on the ropes.

10- teams last season - Sheffield move up - that leaves 9.

10- teams last season - Sheffield move up - that leaves 9.

Yes - but rumours of two others too.

10 - 3 = 7