British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Dicky Mint said:

I've just spoken to John and he assures me it is definitely not him!

Ok my next punt is Amanda Staveley!!! The NUFC take over was just a smoke screen so she could get hold of her real target Newcastle Diamonds. She was recently photographed by Steve Brock coming out of a curry house in Jesmond with George English. She can't be announced until she has satisfied the BSPA that she has the necessary funds to become a shareholder. During that process, Alan Hedley will fund the December purchase of riders until her application goes through!!! :P:P

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

Could not agree more, can't wait to freeze my ass off come March at the press and practice day in the howling wind.   Think Ashley and Alfie at reserve are a must, not sure about Robbo, Get Ludvig and Kus as a partnership and as you same some fresh blood.

Did I not hear that Kus was now being considered for Redcar, with him riding for a Polish team next year.

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Did I not hear that Kus was now being considered for Redcar, with him riding for a Polish team next year.

You could be right.  I think our options are limited with a number of riders who I thought would be back (Rose, Bach) having signed Polish contracts.

Time will tell.

5 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

You could be right.  I think our options are limited with a number of riders who I thought would be back (Rose, Bach) having signed Polish contracts.

Time will tell.

Not all the Polish teams ride on sundays, at least not in the lower leagues. Steve and Robert managed it last year.

Great news! obviously the pragmatic approach means there's not a great deal of money to sign riders. That is not an issue against the prospect of no speedway at all, I would assume that travelling and loan expenses must be closely monitored, perhaps Phillips instead of Bowtell for example. Roll on team announcements and bring on the new season. Merry Christmas!

What average do new Americans come over at ?

American Tommy Barber could be worth a go and has said he is available to ride UK speedway...

A wonder if Mr. Ashley could be the new promoter, plenty spare cash. Maybe de-glammourising his sporting interests, a bit like the tat he sells in his shops ;)

2 hours ago, leander said:

I take it to mesn NO over priced Diva's this year.

Right ok,,, who's cheap ???

2 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Not sure how i intercepted his PM

Blame the new forum format :P

Yeah, thats about right.

1 hour ago, Chewbacca said:

Anyone have a list of Newcastle contracted riders?

It's a fairly short list I think!! Ludvig and Matej Kus are the only two I can think of!

1 hour ago, leander said:

Not all the Polish teams ride on sundays, at least not in the lower leagues. Steve and Robert managed it last year.

Yes, until the farcical situation at the end of the season.

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

It's a fairly short list I think!! Ludvig and Matej Kus are the only two I can think of!

Josh Embleton and the retired Kenni Larsen.

good to see the jawdees making a 2018 start .

3 hours ago, erniew said:

Great news! obviously the pragmatic approach means there's not a great deal of money to sign riders. That is not an issue against the prospect of no speedway at all, I would assume that travelling and loan expenses must be closely monitored, perhaps Phillips instead of Bowtell for example. Roll on team announcements and bring on the new season. Merry Christmas!

My optimism justified Ernie. ;) :)