British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, enotian said:

Decent but can only see Rose, Morris and Bowtell improving averages whilst Aarnio and Lindgren might struggle with just 20 ish fixtures compared to opponents who are riding 50 to 60 matches.

How about Bradley Wilson Dean and one of those 5.20 under assessed foreign riders instead?

You got to remember, we're on a tight budget... BWD and a foreigner we'd have to pay flights for would be very expensive, granted Aarnio and Lindgren won't be cheap, but not as much, and you know what you're going to get from them, they've been around all the tracks, no gamble unlike a 5.20 rider

I also think Aarnio could improve his, with a good run at number 2 or 6

Most seem to have pinned the predictions on getting Scott

Anybody got a 1-7 without him - which is more likely unfortunately.....

• Like 1

1. Matej Kus 7.84
2. Ashley Morris 4.88
3. Lewis Rose 6.49
4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.21
5. Stuart Robson 7.02
6. Nathan Greaves 4.51
7. Danny Ayres 4.24

Total: 42.19

It's even worse than my original suggestion lol, could have had Jacobs if he hadn't retired

I don't see why Scott is any more unlikely than any other rider though, I mean we were going to go for him last year too, weren't we?

Edited by Dandelion

1. Matej Kus 7.84
2. Dimitri Berge 6.91
3. Lewis Rose 6.49
4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.21
5. Stuart Robson 7.02
6. Ashley Morris 4.88
7. Alfie Bowtell

I'm trying, but they're all even less realistic than just having Scotty in the line up, can you tell that I am putting my jobs off?

2 hours ago, Dandelion said:
1. Matej Kus 7.84
2. Dimitri Berge 6.91
3. Lewis Rose 6.49
4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.21
5. Stuart Robson 7.02
6. Ashley Morris 4.88
7. Alfie Bowtell

I'm trying, but they're all even less realistic than just having Scotty in the line up, can you tell that I am putting my jobs off?

Speaking from experience would you really want to sign Dimitri Berge, apart from him this looks a reasonable team.

2 hours ago, screm said:

Speaking from experience would you really want to sign Dimitri Berge, apart from him this looks a reasonable team.

What is the grudge over berge about? he was fine at redcar, but I don’t think he will go to Newcastle, he doesn’t like the track 

17 minutes ago, BenR195 said:

What is the grudge over berge about? he was fine at redcar, but I don’t think he will go to Newcastle, he doesn’t like the track 

Thank goodness for that ;)

2 hours ago, screm said:

Dimitri Berge, apart from him this looks a reasonable team.

and speaking from experience and you being a Berwick fan, I understand why you said that ;)

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:
1. Matej Kus 7.84
2. Dimitri Berge 6.91
3. Lewis Rose 6.49
4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.21
5. Stuart Robson 7.02
6. Ashley Morris 4.88
7. Alfie Bowtell

No kus this year he’s off back to Redcar 

4 hours ago, highside said:

I can see Danny Philips in on of the reserve spots .

I would be dissapointed if Phillips is back. Especially if he is chosen over Alfie Bowtell. 

7 hours ago, Dandelion said:

You got to remember, we're on a tight budget... BWD and a foreigner we'd have to pay flights for would be very expensive, granted Aarnio and Lindgren won't be cheap, but not as much, and you know what you're going to get from them, they've been around all the tracks, no gamble unlike a 5.20 rider

I also think Aarnio could improve his, with a good run at number 2 or 6

BWD is coming over anyway (signed for Somerset in the PL) and I assume will be based in this country, albeit in the south I imagine, whilst Lindgren is now based in Sweden.  I don't know how any of the finances work but you can see Ludvig being costly.  Otherwise he'd already be on the team sheet???

Sometimes you've got to speculate to accumulate.  If you get the right 5.20 rider and he becomes a 7.00 helping your team challenge for the title you recover the extra cost via extra punters through the gate.  Plus (whether you agree with it or not) he becomes an asset.

With regard to Nicholls availability/eligibility I'm sure once the likes of Cook, Grajzczonek, Masters & Tungate tumble that their opportunities in Poland are limited the Championship will become an option for them.

16 hours ago, BenR195 said:

Petulant and moody ask any Glasgow or Berwick fan , if he was such a good little boy at Redcar why don't you take him back we could always use another loan fee.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Petulant and moody ask any Glasgow or Berwick fan , if he was such a good little boy at Redcar why don't you take him back we could always use another loan fee.

I remember Stewart Dickson having a few choice words to say about him during a TV match, think it was at P'boro.

Edited by ruffdiamond