British Speedway Forum

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

At Newcastle it really doesn't matter who is captain as both Ludde and Robbo seem to get involved together. Ludde is the appointed Club captain, and does a good job, but Robbo is allways there to help anyway. Time to move on.

Agree Dave, but its pointless having a pop at someone that has been appointed by others,,,, 'put up or shut up' ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, erniew said:

Well, 3 down and 4 to go. Are we having an announcement every week as the riders have already been signed? or are we still negotiating with riders?

I think the decision about Nicholls and Kennett will be holding up decisions and signings for both Newcastle and Peterborough.

9 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think the decision about Nicholls and Kennett will be holding up decisions and signings for both Newcastle and Peterborough.

is there any decision on the horizon regarding Nicholls/Kennett ?

1 hour ago, erniew said:

Well, 3 down and 4 to go. Are we having an announcement every week as the riders have already been signed? or are we still negotiating with riders?

It's possible that agreements with riders have been made but signed contracts not yet returned. Newcastle tend not to announce riders until signed agreements are in place (unlike some other clubs).

I see Lakeside have had to make a change and have dropped Clegg and brought in Bowtell. Gutted :(

On 24/01/2018 at 8:26 PM, boomerang said:

Hope to top it all he is not given the captain,s armband.

he can hardly look after himself never mind the other 6 guy,s in the team.

If he concentrates on himself and his bikes he might be able to achieve an 8 point plus average

something which he has never done in his entire british career but wont be holding my breath.

And for gods sake please see sense martin phillips and don't sign your son he,s not and 

has never been any good

libel anyone ?

6 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Taken from the Redcar thread posted by Tsunami

"As usual totally wrong. Matej wanted away from Havvy and in fact moved out of his house I believe. We fancied Kus and signed him. The following year we already had Steve Worrall and went for the big one Robert Lambert. So it was either Matej or Ludde and it was decided to go for Ludde as he brings more with him. This year Matej is riding in Poland so no Sundays for him, and he has gone on loan to your new promotion."

But don't let facts get in the way.

Good luck Matej this year.

What facts did I get wrong.:blink: I am well aware that last year it was either Ludde or Matej and we chose Ludde. I am merely wondering why we have not used him this year!!! I wasn't aware he had confirmed he was riding in Poland.

Good luck Matej in 2018, looking forward to seeing him at Brough.

Edited by diamond@heart
  • Like 1

On 13/12/2017 at 1:15 PM, mauger65 said:

On 13/12/2017 at 4:03 PM, MattK said:

Given that there are 17 riders who finished last season's Championship with an average over 8, that's a lot of riders arbitrarily out of a job.

The situation in the Premiership is very different.

On 13/12/2017 at 1:15 PM, mauger65 said:

I only meant it in the sense redcar have only announced 1 - and given whats available -  I don't read the redcar webpage so im unaware they have their 7 lined up - no offence was intended at our lovely local rivals :-)

as for newcastles lineup - I just hinted it will be probably made up of our assets and brough favourites - of course no one is really sure whose signed up for what in Poland

perhaps that's why there is such silence ...........  never mind sponsorship ...... but George could be struggling to actually pull together a competitive team ............  and without that he knows crowds will struggle  

with 5 top class heat leaders leaving the league, 1 extra team, it left a dearth of top end talent ............. and the 5 teams quickest to the draw have snaffled up those available

I think Newcastle Workington Berwick and redcar should form their own breakaway league ...............   we could still have a league , knock out cup, pairs and four team tournament rounded off with a riders championship (4 from each team) and end of season playoffs for the top 2 :) as well as the tyne-tweed cup, tyne-tees cup, tweed-tees cup etc ..........  it will probably be our only hope of winning anything :D

reading the Star this week seems like a year of consolidation at Newcastle .

2 hours ago, diamond@heart said:

I see Lakeside have had to make a change and have dropped Clegg and brought in Bowtell. Gutted :(

Well the way our team appears to be shaping up, I would think both our reserves will be well above Alfie's 2.03 average this year.

18 minutes ago, leander said:

Well the way our team appears to be shaping up, I would think both our reserves will be well above Alfie's 2.03 average this year.

Is Ash Morris at no.7 a possibility ?

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Is Ash Morris at no.7 a possibility ?

I don't know. But there doesn't appear to be many  out and out no. 1's left. Personally I wouldn't want Kennett, not sure Nichols would want to commute from Brighton every week (even if the rule changes). So possibly room for a strong bottom end. Morris and Clegg anyone?

13 minutes ago, leander said:

I don't know. But there doesn't appear to be many  out and out no. 1's left. Personally I wouldn't want Kennett, not sure Nichols would want to commute from Brighton every week (even if the rule changes). So possibly room for a strong bottom end. Morris and Clegg anyone?

Agree, regarding Kennett.

Clegg has done ok at Brough in the past, but the name I heard has a higher average than Ash and, would come in at reserve.

Edited by ruffdiamond

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Agree, regarding Kennett.

Clegg has done ok at Brough in the past, but the name I heard has a higher average than Ash and, would co

It just depends how the rest add up really. Think Clegg would be ok after a few weeks. Last year 15+1 from 6 then later on 1+1 from 4. ???

No idea who the other rider you've heard is so can't comment.

4 hours ago, erniew said:

Ask Steve Park he will know or does he just state the obvious??

25 minutes ago, leander said:

It just depends how the rest add up really. Think Clegg would be ok after a few weeks. Last year 15+1 from 6 then later on 1+1 from 4. ???

No idea who the other rider you've heard is so can't comment.

Clegg might do a job at reserve, but I would be more tempted by Greaves, if available.