British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Ludvig Lindgren piece on the Diamonds Website.  For those who didn't want him back, the last paragraph is just for you!! 

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100824

I know he's not everyone's favourite but I personally like him as he's a hundred percenter and has plenty of bottle. He also is Newcastle through and through but his down fall is letting things get to him after a bad race.

4 hours ago, Gating tart said:

What a load of rubbish! Just needs to get his finger out on track 

He does though, he's a great entertainer and puts in lots of effort each week, him and Rose or him and Robbo at 3 and 4 would be a dream to watch when they're together

54 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

He does though, he's a great entertainer and puts in lots of effort each week, him and Rose or him and Robbo at 3 and 4 would be a dream to watch when they're together

I take it you don’t go to many away meetings then he’s I massive let down away from home end of 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gating tart said:

I take it you don’t go to many away meetings then he’s I massive let down away from home end of 

If you analysed most riders around the 7 point average they are all of a muchness. Good at home and not so at a lot of away tracks hence a 7 point average.

16 minutes ago, Winditon said:

If you analysed most riders around the 7 point average they are all of a muchness. Good at home and not so at a lot of away tracks hence a 7 point average.

That’s why I wouldn’t have signed him again! Doesn’t help when he’s jumping from engine to engine 

2 hours ago, Gating tart said:

agree terrible away from home no one expects him to score maximums but should at least score 7 to 9 points away

but never does.He no,s he,s got his haters so its up to him.

remember this has never achieved a 8 point average in any season in Britain.

just hope he dosent end up as our no 1 the way the team is being built cos heats 13 and 15 will be 10-2 to the away team.

then again if we do sign an out and out no 1,i hope to god that we don't sign phillips 

12 minutes ago, boomerang said:

agree terrible away from home no one expects him to score maximums but should at least score 7 to 9 points away

just hope he dosent end up as our no 1 the way the team is being built cos heats 13 and 15 will be 10-2 to the away team.

then again if we do sign an out and out no 1,i hope to god that we don't sign phillips 

He's signed for Coventry in the NL and Coventry's home meetings are on a Sunday at 4pm., so I doubt he will be signing for us.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, boomerang said:

That depends on what criteria you use. Granted his GREENSHEET average has never reached 8.00, but with bonus points last season it did. People say he doesn't team ride but he scored 29 bonus points last year, beaten only in diamonds colours by Ash (33). His away average was only 0.2 less than Robbo's, and his comparable with nearly all 7-8 pointers. He had a higher away average than anyone from Berwick (for example) except Morris. He is what he is. A solid no. 3/4. There are very few (if any) riders scoring 7-9 points regularly away from home who aren't genuine no. 1's (even if some are 2nd heat leaders.

People say he shouldn't be captain yet I haven't heard any rider (team member or guest) say team spirit in the pits isn't great.

• Like 2

Lindgren averaged 8.09 inc bp and was 22nd in league

His cma was 7.30 and 23rd in league

However at home he averaged 9.33 and was 17th ......  but away was only 6.63 and was 29th !

his differential was of only 2.70 was beaten by the following (at least 12 meetings)

ellis perks 2.76    Ashley morris 2.89   max clegg 2.88 Robert brandford 2.92 jan graversen 3.22   - all reserves 

and ... wait for it lewis rose at 3.25 

so luddo like a few other diamonds were at little disappointing away from home 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, leander said:

That depends on what criteria you use. Granted his GREENSHEET average has never reached 8.00, but with bonus points last season it did. People say he doesn't team ride but he scored 29 bonus points last year, beaten only in diamonds colours by Ash (33). His away average was only 0.2 less than Robbo's, and his comparable with nearly all 7-8 pointers. He had a higher away average than anyone from Berwick (for example) except Morris. He is what he is. A solid no. 3/4. There are very few (if any) riders scoring 7-9 points regularly away from home who aren't genuine no. 1's (even if some are 2nd heat leaders.

People say he shouldn't be captain yet I haven't heard any rider (team member or guest) say team spirit in the pits isn't great.

Totally agree with you. Boomerang just doesn't like him full stop. Like I posted earlier all riders around his average are all similar in their scoring. Surely people must enjoy watching him. I think he's entertaining and a real trier.

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maths really isn't that difficult.

75% of people say that but the other half struggle :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3