British Speedway Forum

13 hours ago, boomerang said:

agree terrible away from home no one expects him to score maximums but should at least score 7 to 9 points away

but never does.He no,s he,s got his haters so its up to him.

remember this has never achieved a 8 point average in any season in Britain.

just hope he dosent end up as our no 1 the way the team is being built cos heats 13 and 15 will be 10-2 to the away team.

then again if we do sign an out and out no 1,i hope to god that we don't sign phillips 

If a 7 pointer was to get 7-9 points every meeting away, they wouldn't be 7 pointers.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

If a 7 pointer was to get 7-9 points every meeting away, they wouldn't be 7 pointers.

They would if they only got between 5 and 7 at home ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

They would if it is from five rides

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

They would if they only got between 5 and 7 at home ;)

Which he doesn't usually.

40 minutes ago, toontrader said:

They would if it is from five rides

In the four away meetings LL had 5 rides in last season, he scored 7+2, 9+1, 10+2 and12,,, so a think he passed tyat test ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

On 28/01/2018 at 11:17 AM, StevePark said:

Ludvig Lindgren piece on the Diamonds Website.  For those who didn't want him back, the last paragraph is just for you!! 

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100824

I take it one is allowed an opinion Steve

You know mine.

I don't hate Lindgren by the way, I just think that a change would have been better for him, and for Newcastle Diamonds. I do not think that he has reached the heights that his obvious potential demonstrated earlier in his career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The White Knight said:

I take it one is allowed an opinion Steve

You know mine.

I don't hate Lindgren by the way, I just think that a change would have been better for him, and for Newcastle Diamonds. I do not think that he has reached the heights that his obvious potential demonstrated earlier in his career.

Of course you are allowed an opinion.  It's a Forum.  I just thought it was apt to highlight this part of the article, due to a few on here saying they didn't want him back.  I think "hate" is a strong word to use, but, like many riders, Ludvig is a bit like Marmite.  You either like him (as a rider/capatain), or you don't!

Edited by StevePark

32 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Of course you are allowed an opinion.  It's a Forum.  I just thought it was apt to highlight this part of the article, due to a few on here saying they didn't want him back.  I think "hate" is a strong word to use (I realise it's been used in the article), but, like many riders, Ludvig is a bit like Marmite.  You either like him (as a rider/capatain), or you don't!

Was the 'hate' word in the article ?

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Was the 'hate' word in the article ?

You're quite right, it wasn't. My mistake. (I'll edit the above post!).

29 minutes ago, StevePark said:

You're quite right, it wasn't. My mistake. (I'll edit the above post!).

Good,,,, am sure that sometimes some people just make stuff up, to wind others up...

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

Good,,,, am sure that sometimes some people just make stuff up, to wind others up...

That's not my 'style.'

12 minutes ago, StevePark said:

That's not my 'style.'

No, and I wasn't inferring that it was :t:

• Like 1

i really cant understand the grief luddo gets .......  the daft criticism he does not team ride .... eer yes he does

the lad is enigma though ... even at brough he could beat craig cook in one race and then finish last in next ........ and that's part of the frustration with him...... he has undoubtedly talent, speed and ability but at times his gating gloves become boxing gloves !.    and undoubtedly hes a better rider than his away form and that's where he needs to improve

I for one am delighted he's back because he is entertaining and an adopted Geordie :-)

and by the way .......... luddo averages 8 (proper average inc bonus points which is how all riders measure themselves and get paid on !) and lets be fair he would probably average 9 at best cos of his gating ..... lets hope he does it this season  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mauger65 said:

i really cant understand the grief luddo gets .......  the daft criticism he does not team ride .... eer yes he does

the lad is enigma though ... even at brough he could beat craig cook in one race and then finish last in next ........ and that's part of the frustration with him...... he has undoubtedly talent, speed and ability but at times his gating gloves become boxing gloves !.    and undoubtedly hes a better rider than his away form and that's where he needs to improve

I for one am delighted he's back because he is entertaining and an adopted Geordie :-)

and by the way .......... luddo averages 8 (proper average inc bonus points which is how all riders measure themselves and get paid on !) and lets be fair he would probably average 9 at best cos of his gating ..... lets hope he does it this season  

There are a lot of riders have the same rider profile, i.e.beat Top Riders then finish behind inferior riders,it's the way the sport is these days ,speeds are so fast unless riders make serious mistakes it is very difficult to pass without risking a lot .There is  always another race for the majority of riders these days.