British Speedway Forum

Lindgren is a talented rider, good round Brough Park, and a positive addition to 2018 team. He has however had some poor spells in the last season or two and I think he should be targeting 8+ in the season ahead. If he doesn't achieve that I don't envisage any trophies for the team.

I hope the rest of the team, well Ash and Robbo don't feel dis-heartened because nobody is talking about them,,,,

Ludde should have his own thread ;)

• Like 1

Our new co-promoter has been announced, but no mention of a new main sponsor. I cannot see the team surviving even with financial consraints without one but once again, the silence is deafening. Surely the club can confirm that we have one even if they can't be named just yet for a good reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, erniew said:

Our new co-promoter has been announced, but no mention of a new main sponsor. I cannot see the team surviving even with financial consraints without one but once again, the silence is deafening. Surely the club can confirm that we have one even if they can't be named just yet for a good reason.

Has Martin been officially accepted by the Brotherhood, a mean BSPA yet ???

maybe a sponsor could bd linked to that.

18 hours ago, PaulS said:

Lindgren is a talented rider, good round Brough Park, and a positive addition to 2018 team. He has however had some poor spells in the last season or two and I think he should be targeting 8+ in the season ahead. If he doesn't achieve that I don't envisage any trophies for the team.

Agree Paul. Let's hope George stops him playing with other engines like last year and gets him to stick to what he has/knows.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, erniew said:

I think your expectation to announce 'no sponsor yet', is not exactly good business, do you ?

It's a bit like no announcements when the old club was being closed down, whilst a new one was being created with a new owner, and then no riders had been signed. What do people expect, as they plainly have never ran a business.

27 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

I watched Lindgren get passed by Luke Ruddick fair and square, it’s laughable

He should have been 'tarred and feathered', (at least) for that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Agree Paul. Let's hope George stops him playing with other engines like last year and gets him to stick to what he has/knows.

maybe he could persuade big brother Fred to loan him one of his uk engines from last year seeing as he is not riding over here this year.

26 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I think your expectation to announce 'no sponsor yet', is not exactly good business, do you ?

It's a bit like no announcements when the old club was being closed down, whilst a new one was being created with a new owner, and then no riders had been signed. What do people expect, as they plainly have never ran a business.

listen to mr high and mighty there.

don't think you ran a very profitable business otherwise you would still have been a co-promoter.

even if people ran a business or not dosent mean that people are thick ,me like the rest of the fans are sick and tired of all the 

sinanagines going on within the club.

maybe if they made all the hangers on in the pits that do he-ha and made them pay in 

an these people nowho they are don't they mr park the club would be in a better financial position

6 minutes ago, neb said:

maybe he could persuade big brother Fred to loan him one of his uk engines from last year seeing as he is not riding over here this year.

I honestly think that Freddie, having the success he did at that time, was the main reason for Ludde to try and stick with them longer than he should have.

11 minutes ago, boomerang said:

listen to mr high and mighty there.

don't think you ran a very profitable business otherwise you would still have been a co-promoter.

even if people ran a business or not dosent mean that people are thick ,me like the rest of the fans are sick and tired of all the 

sinanagines going on within the club.

maybe if they made all the hangers on in the pits that do he-ha and made them pay in 

an these people nowho they are don't they mr park the club would be in a better financial position

As you know I was never into speedway for profit, but to return the club in 1997 which I did. I retired in 2003 on my 60th birthday, as I had never wanted to run the club, but just to get it up and running again. Perhaps it's just as well that some are 'high and mighty' to give the sport and put something into it, whilst others just try get as much as they can out of it.

Your point again is out of date as the number of hangers on has greatly been reduced in latter years, but obviously its still a concern of yours.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

As you know I was never into speedway for profit, but to return the club in 1997 which I did. I retired in 2003 on my 60th birthday, as I had never wanted to run the club, but just to get it up and running again. Perhaps it's just as well that some are 'high and mighty' to give the sport and put something into it, whilst others just try get as much as they can out of it.

Your point again is out of date as the number of hangers on has greatlye reduced in latter years, but obviously its still a concern of yours.

well I get nothing out of it apart from maybe watching good speedway and meeting mates

all told me and my partner spend thick end of 50 pound every sunday they run so we put into it

do you still contribute mr high and mighty because 50 pound is a lot of money to watch some of the mediocre teams

we had over the last 25 years

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, boomerang said:

well I get nothing out of it apart from maybe watching good speedway and meeting mates

all told me and my partner spend thick end of 50 pound every sunday they run so we put into it

do you still contribute mr high and mighty because 50 pound is a lot of money to watch some of the mediocre teams

we had over the last 25 years

It was 21years actually.

You mean like the team in 1997 that was a scratch team, but came third in our first season. Followed by signing 3 times World Champ Nicki, the rise of second string Jesper, PL title in 2001 and runners up in 2002, the signings of World Cup star Bjarne P, Compton, World Cup star KB, Kenni and Rene,  the 3 times winners 2010 team, the emergence of the Worrals from juniors, the UK U21 star Lambert,the rise of the Gems in 2002 to 2004 and re-emergence of the new Gems three years ago, who have now two of the top youngster in the NJL, and the only FREE training school in the country financed exclusively and ran by ME.  

Shocking performance, very mediocre Eh.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I honestly think that Freddie, having the success he did at that time, was the main reason for Ludde to try and stick with them longer than he should have.

I mean the gm engines Fred was using in the second half of the season not the gtr he started the season on.

• Like 1