British Speedway Forum

15 hours ago, neb said:

I mean the gm engines Fred was using in the second half of the season not the gtr he started the season on.

I agree. :D

UPDATE  - See my latest post below..

Edited by Tsunami

36 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

It was 21years actually.

You mean like the team in 1997 that was a scratch team, but came third in our first season. Followed by signing 3 times World Champ Nicki, the rise of second string Jesper, PL title in 2001 and runners up in 2002, the signings of World Cup star Bjarne P, Compton, World Cup star KB, Kenni and Rene,  the 3 times winners 2010 team, the emergence of the Worrals from juniors, the UK U21 star Lambert,the rise of the Gems in 2002 to 2004 and re-emergence of the new Gems three years ago, who have now two of the top youngster in the NJL, and the only FREE training school in the country financed exclusively and ran by ME.  

Shocking performance, very mediocre Eh.

I was on bout the 25 years plus that I have been going.and again its all bout you you you

ya so far up your own beep thinking your better than every one else why don't you mention the other years when all these very average danes came over

Jason king as a no 1 blah blah blah just cos you've got money that's makes you better than me and everyone that goes every sunday I think not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ch958 said:

he just keeps coming back like a....like a.... can't think

Who,,, Ludde ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

It was 21years actually.

You mean like the team in 1997 that was a scratch team, but came third in our first season. Followed by signing 3 times World Champ Nicki, the rise of second string Jesper, PL title in 2001 and runners up in 2002, the signings of World Cup star Bjarne P, Compton, World Cup star KB, Kenni and Rene,  the 3 times winners 2010 team, the emergence of the Worrals from juniors, the UK U21 star Lambert,the rise of the Gems in 2002 to 2004 and re-emergence of the new Gems three years ago, who have now two of the top youngster in the NJL, and the only FREE training school in the country financed exclusively and ran by ME.  

Shocking performance, very mediocre Eh.

Well said Tsunami. Boomerang should get his facts right before spouting off. I bet he doesn't even go to every meeting. He's just a typical key board warrior. Judging by what you've said Newcastle Speedway would have been a lot worse off over the years. Sounds like you have definitely played a big part.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Winditon said:

Well said Tsunami. Boomerang should get his facts right before spouting off. I bet he doesn't even go to every meeting. He's just a typical key board warrior. Judging by what you've said Newcastle Speedway would have been a lot worse off over the years. Sounds like you have definitely played a big part.

My involvement started really in 1994 when the consortium of George, Havvy, Bunter didn't have enough to buy out Richard Bailey,  and I was asked to join them so the deal could be completed. This I did, but Kevin Wilde the owner didn't want us back in 1995 so at the end of the season all the assets were sold, and I got more back than I put in . So I made the pledge to supporters that I would put that money to one side, and promised to bring the Diamonds back at some stage. Brough's new owner, who was Wildes accountant, heard we were looking for a new track and invited us back in, and my capital was put back into the new business NEWSPEED LTD in time for the 1997 season.  

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Winditon said:

So far as I am concerned, without the few like Tsunami, Newcastle Diamonds would not be running today and could well have been consigned to the speedway scrapheap many years ago. I have yet to hear of any promoters in the UK who make a commercial financial return on their investment and my take on the part they play is that they do this for their love of the sport rather than montetary aspirations or any other aspirations for that matter.

As a reader of this forum I for one always welcome Tsunami's input because I know for a fact that he has been there, he has done it and he does have the tee shirt - he has also put his money where his mouth is fair and square.

• Like 2

Dave, no one can dispute your fine efforts regarding Tne Diamonds but the paying customers still expect to receive some indication of what is going on. we are fully aware that finance is vital to enable the club to continue and I'm not asking for any state secrets, but I cannot see how we can survive financially without a sponsor so is it beyond the clubs wherewithall to actually announce that we do in fact have one? Not too much to ask surely?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, erniew said:

Dave, no one can dispute your fine efforts regarding Tne Diamonds but the paying customers still expect to receive some indication of what is going on. we are fully aware that finance is vital to enable the club to continue and I'm not asking for any state secrets, but I cannot see how we can survive financially without a sponsor so is it beyond the clubs wherewithall to actually announce that we do in fact have one? Not too much to ask surely?

Whilst not disagreeing with what you say, it's hardly good for business to keep saying they have no new sponsor. Everyone knows there is a lot going on, and there will still be a lot of frantic work to keep everyone busy, but being expected to report 'bad news' (no sponsor) doesn't really seem to be the right thing to do. Whatever happened to 'in George we trust' and the goodwill that has been built up from previous years. As I outlined in a previous post, despite a lot of difficulties over the years, we managed to do a lot of good things and brought success, so with the recent changes in the management structure surely everyone can see there is lots to do privately, and will want to announce things when they have something to announce.   

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Who,,, Ludde ?

Incidently. Ludde has a super doper GM engine for this year, and is looking for any sort of sponsorship to help him with his expense. Pleased he has got new gear and if anybody would like to join the other sponsors who have so far made a contribution, any addition help would be greatly appreciated.  He can be contacted through the club. 

21 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Incidently. Ludde has a super doper GM engine for this year, and is looking for any sort of sponsorship to help him with his expense. Pleased he has got new gear and if anybody would like to join the other sponsors who have so far made a contribution, any addition help would be greatly appreciated.  He can be contacted through the club. 

What do you know! Last year you said he wasn’t using the GRT anymore then the next meeting at Workington he was back it again . It also went bang that day leaving him with one bike for the home match 

44 minutes ago, Gating tart said:

What do you know! Last year you said he wasn’t using the GRT anymore then the next meeting at Workington he was back it again . It also went bang that day leaving him with one bike for the home match 

Obviously more than you. Are you a potential sponsor ?

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

Whatever happened to 'in George we trust'

Nothing at all - trust is 100%.

When I referred to him as the Arsene Wenger of British speedway I was being serious- he is.

(A signing equivalent to Aubameyang at no.1 would be good! :-) )

• Like 1

My only concern so far is that if we are pinning our hopes on getting either Nicholls or Kennett or both and the rule does not get changed by the powers that be, where does that leave us.  I hope not up rubbish creek in a barbwire canoe.  I know that George has been in this game long enough to have more than one plan but I wonder how long he will give it until he reverts to Plan B, C, D etc.

I am like every other supporter who is concerned by the lack of communication coming out of the Promotion but as stated by Tsunami and others, not point reporting negative or bad news and if the Promotion have nothing to report they can't report it.  I also think they are unlikely to report on potential targets for fear of alerting others teams of a rider they may not have thought of or considered.  I think we just have to wait and see.  I appreciate that we see the number of rider available for selection diminishing but we do not have all of the facts in front of use and we are not aware of who is and who is not available.

Hopefully some news will come out in the next few weeks but until then I think we have to wait (as annoying as that may be) and see and continue to play guess the remaining 4 riders.  I still have my hopes on the return of Rose and intrigued to find out who the final reserve is, hoping it is not Phillips, I think his lack of racing last year and coming back from injury has got to go against him, whether his Dad is a promoter or not.

Keep thinking big fellow Diamonds fans and the dream of Nicholls may happen or an even bigger rider than Nicholls.:blink::blink:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Obviously more than you. Are you a potential sponsor ?

Haha you think you do ! I would rather sponsor a young up and coming English rider then someone who is going no where fast like lindgren! 

• Like 1