British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, stevehone said:

never know, might be able to work around it .. i want to see Ted in the PL this season

Let's hope so. Perhaps with us not riding every Sunday he could pick and chose his other sports meetings.  We got used to that with our former no 1 last year.:P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yes he does, and he is quite good at it, hence my comments that he is very Southern with his interests. I believe he still works at Rye House doing up the stadium with Robbo, which could be a relationship that could make the travel a bit easier, especially if his Stoxs are on the Saturday, which is not every Saturday anyway.

Perks on 5.08 would be our 4th highest signing and I could see the reserves changing on a monthly basis with Tero, Ash, Perks and Wilko. No matter who are the two reserves we are going to be strong at the bottom, and good enough to plug holes when someone else is missing, or not on form on the night. Perks had wonderfull form for Redcar early in the season, and scored something like 13 points against us when we were there. Unfortunately his form dropped a little, hence his 5.08 average at the end.

Don't you think that would give us a very soft centre. With either Aarnio, Wilko, Perks or Morris switching between reserve berth and 2 or 4, we would have riders at no 4 who are not really middle order riders. I think Aarnio or Morris are good riders to have in the No. 2 jacket but think they may struggle at 4. Having said that, I was impressed with Morris last year when he rode at 4 a couple of times.

I think we are trying to make the best out of a bad position and if these two (Kennett and Perks) are our best option then so be it. If they are happy to be at the club and really want to ride for us and show commitment week in week out then great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Winditon said:

Why you always got to be offensive Boomerang. It's obvious not everyone on here is as clever as you. Ha ha ha.

whatever anyway he could do brough on a sunday travel back and stop at robbo,s sunday night then do rye house

on a Monday we will have to wait and see. Anyway its George who hasn't got a plan

11 minutes ago, boomerang said:

whatever anyway he could do brough on a sunday travel back and stop at robbo,s sunday night then do rye house

on a Monday we will have to wait and see. Anyway its George who hasn't got a plan

I believe George has very probably been working under severe constraints in Team Building for the new Season. It doesn't matter what Plans you have, if you can't afford them they are useless. George is bringing Speedway back to Brough Park for this Season and I am very grateful to him for that. I am also prepared to wait and see what he comes up with to complete the Team.

Remember we could - conceivably - have had no Speedway at all in the coming Season. You need to cut George, and the rest of the Promotion a little slack here.

• Like 2

Ellis Perks started last season in excellent form for the Bears, dropped off somewhat, but I reckon he would be a good acquisition for Newcastle. His biggest issue I think would be getting used to what surface they are asked to ride on.

6 hours ago, Winditon said:

Who's windition? By the way I never miss a home meeting. Been a regular for a very long time and support the team no matter what. Unlike yourself who picks which meetings they go to. That's what i call a plastic Speedway supporter. A true supporter supports through thick and thin.

remind me , what team do you support elite, premier, championship or nl . just asking .. cheers 

Im hoping that there is a place for Nathan Greaves

He was fantastic for the Witches both in his scoring and with his attitude and effort

Our Massif rider of he year and a great shame he is not back for us this season

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

He was fantastic for the Witches both in his scoring and with his attitude and effort

In 2016 he rode for Sheffield and I spoke to him after his 0 0 0 meeting at our place. He said he hated it, and couldn't get round it, but I held the second half back for him to have another couple of rides to help him. His average at the Newcastle meetings was 2.18, against his PL average of 2.09. It wasn't a good year for him coming the season after a bit of bother on the track I believe. Last year in the PL he had a Newcastle average of 4.89, as against a PL average for Ippy of 4.49. So actually his average for Brough was better in both years than the average of all the other tracks.

Source :-  SCB - Speedway Stats

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jenga said:

remind me , what team do you support elite, premier, championship or nl . just asking .. cheers 

I think I have made it pretty obvious.

12 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Drawn at Brough in the U-21 qualifier and riding with Ash at Wolves in the Prem....   might go in his favour.

Regardless of availability Kennett on 8.3 is a steal when his last 2nd tier average was 9.3 in what was arguably a higher standard league.

Remember, there are a lot of blank weekends this season so it's not inconceivable that schedules could be aligned.

If not what's to stop Kennet signing as an interim No. 1 until some of those expecting to ride in Poland find out those opportunities are limited.

Kennett and Greaves for me.

PS loving the Rye on Saturday confusion, hilarious.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

...and how do you know that, exactly?

Boomerang knows everything. He's full of s###e

1 minute ago, enotian said:

Drawn at Brough in the U-21 qualifier and riding with Ash at Wolves in the Prem....   might go in his favour.

Regardless of availability Kennett on 8.3 is a steal when his last 2nd tier average was 9.3 in what was arguably a higher standard league.

Remember, there are a lot of blank weekends this season so it's not inconceivable that schedules could be aligned.

If not what's to stop Kennet signing as an interim No. 1 until some of those expecting to ride in Poland find out those opportunities are limited.

Kennett and Greaves for me.

PS loving the Rye on Saturday confusion, hilarious.

Wouldn't disagree with those two. I'm sure George would be interested in Kennett but probably will come down to finances with him. 

56 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I'm a big Nathan Greaves fan, his attitude is 1st class. I was hoping to see him in a Redcar Bears race jacket this year, but I understand he is not riding in the Championship this year, and concentrating on Wolves.

10 minutes ago, parkendlass said:

I'm a big Nathan Greaves fan, his attitude is 1st class. I was hoping to see him in a Redcar Bears race jacket this year, but I understand he is not riding in the Championship this year, and concentrating on Wolves.

Well looks like I'll be starting the season off in just one league this year! (then three thumbs down emoji)