British Speedway Forum

So it’s in this weeks speedway star that it’s unlikely we will get Eddie Kennett due to the traveling from his home. Bit of a shame but maybe not totally unexpected. Maybe that’s why foreign riders get team places over brits though if there not willing to travel for a ride.

16 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

So it’s in this weeks speedway star that it’s unlikely we will get Eddie Kennett due to the traveling from his home. Bit of a shame but maybe not totally unexpected. Maybe that’s why foreign riders get team places over brits though if there not willing to travel for a ride.

In the case of Kennett you can understand, if the money isn't right.

Did I half read in the International section that one of the top German(?) ice racers has moved to Newcastle???  Get him signed, he'll be a revelation in this weather!  It'll probably be September before this lot melts!!! :sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, bloom89 said:

In George we trust.

Maybe the DMU will recommend someone.

6 hours ago, enotian said:

In the case of Kennett you can understand, if the money isn't right.

Did I half read in the International section that one of the top German(?) ice racers has moved to Newcastle???  Get him signed, he'll be a revelation in this weather!  It'll probably be September before this lot melts!!! :sad:

But surely 2 wages are better than 1?

13 minutes ago, bloom89 said:

But surely 2 wages are better than 1?

Aye,,, if you need it.

7 hours ago, bloom89 said:

I get the impression that we were pinning our hopes on Kennett but unfortunately it doesn't look like it will happen. Atleast we showed some ambition in going for him. Plan B or C now by the looks of it. Don't know whether it has come down to finances.

33 minutes ago, Diamondlil said:

brough track is not one of his favourite tracks doesn’t go particularly well here.imo

Agree but I think he would have got the hang of it as I think he's a better smallish track rider. Perhaps we'll never know.

• Like 1

I can understand Ed not wanting the 'commute' to Newcastle - a 'foreigner' can fly in to the closest practical airport!

43 minutes ago, TonyE said:

I can understand Ed not wanting the 'commute' to Newcastle - a 'foreigner' can fly in to the closest practical airport!

So can anyone from uk there are numerous airports within the uk to fly to newcastle 

• Like 1

What of the chances of us still getting Lewis Rose.  I understand he has signed in Poland and according to Stal Rzeszow they have named all of the following riders as part of their squad, no disrespect to Lewis but what chance has he got of actually getting a ride?

@GregHancock45 @morra2012 @NicklasPorsing M.Kuciapa T.Jędrzejak D.Stachyra E.Mazur @RorySchlein3 @Rose822 @aaronsummers88 @kyle_howarth P.Wojdyło M.Rząsa M.Curzytek A.Bieliński A.Potoniec

They have named 16 riders, they only need 7 (10 max I would think) and I do not know how much experience Rose has on Polish tracks, but would he even be ahead of Summers, Schlein or Howarth.  I am not meaning to sound unkind to Rose as I think he is a cracking racer and love watching him, just if he is sitting out the Championship (not saying he is) waiting on a ride in Poland, will he even get one?

I am struggling to come up with 2 names to fill our remaining slots and think Rose is a good shout and I don't think he would miss many or any fixtures based on above.

10 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

What of the chances of us still getting Lewis Rose.  I understand he has signed in Poland and according to Stal Rzeszow they have named all of the following riders as part of their squad, no disrespect to Lewis but what chance has he got of actually getting a ride?

@GregHancock45 @morra2012 @NicklasPorsing M.Kuciapa T.Jędrzejak D.Stachyra E.Mazur @RorySchlein3 @Rose822 @aaronsummers88 @kyle_howarth P.Wojdyło M.Rząsa M.Curzytek A.Bieliński A.Potoniec

They have named 16 riders, they only need 7 (10 max I would think) and I do not know how much experience Rose has on Polish tracks, but would he even be ahead of Summers, Schlein or Howarth.  I am not meaning to sound unkind to Rose as I think he is a cracking racer and love watching him, just if he is sitting out the Championship (not saying he is) waiting on a ride in Poland, will he even get one?

I am struggling to come up with 2 names to fill our remaining slots and think Rose is a good shout and I don't think he would miss many or any fixtures based on above.

But he might, that's the crux of it.  Is it worth the gamble?

25 minutes ago, StevePark said:

But he might, that's the crux of it.  Is it worth the gamble?

I would say yes.  How many meetings did Cookie get for his Polish team last year.  I think they have included riders like Summers, Rose and Howarth (no disrespect to these riders) to pass some ruling but probably have very little intention of using any of them. 

Would love to see Kennett change his mind & sign for Newcastle, & there aren't that many matches per season now. If he signed for a southern team, he would still have all the away matches to travel to. 

• Like 1