British Speedway Forum

I know he's in the National League but he should have stuck to just that and maybe come into the Premiership in a few months when a place became available providing he was doing the business in that league.

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

If Danny hadn't crashed in that meeting, he was heading for an average about 4.7 I think. On a 2 or a 3 he will be a steal on that average given time to bed in again,

Matej missed out because we wanted to get Lambert in last year, and this year he is riding in Poland along with Rose and Hancock so we could not sign him.

It was BTS that wanted to buy Danny, and together with Steve Brock and STS,  they paid for him to be a Newcastle asset. No brainer.

Doesn't look like clubs were queing up to buy him. Interesting to know what his price was?

27 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Doesn't look like clubs were queing up to buy him. Interesting to know what his price was?

Be nominal I think, especially coming from Peterborough.

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Hopefully that will, perhaps, ease a few minds a little.

I am sure things will be sorted out in time. I am concerned but optimistic.

5 hours ago, The White Knight said:

Hopefully that will, perhaps, ease a few minds a little.

I am sure things will be sorted out in time. I am concerned but optimistic.

It's all we asked for. 

7 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Be nominal I think, especially coming from Peterborough.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Good to read the freshly published statement this morning on Diamonds website.

As Winiton comments, thats all that was asked for.

Excellent response from the promotion team and thats certainly a "thank you" from me!

• Like 2

Good luck to the Diamonds in their quest to complete the team. Fingers crossed they can pull a couple of rabbits out of the hat and look competitive at the very least. 

• Like 2

I'm sure it will all get sorted. The statement is reassuring.

For a number of non-speedway related reasons I think I'll enjoy this season more than the last few, and I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll be able to get along to P & P as well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I'm sure it will all get sorted. The statement is reassuring.

For a number of non-speedway related reasons I think I'll enjoy this season more than the last few, and I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll be able to get along to P & P as well.

To be honest I'm thankful we have Speedway. I know George has the club at heart but it was frustrating not hearing anything. I don't expect to know the club's business but a brief statement that was released yesterday is all we ask for. Onwards and Upwards now hopefully.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Winditon said:

Danny Phillips will be out of his depth this season in the Championship. Should have had a season in the National League after his injury. Or atleast started in that league to see how he's progressed. You've got to remember how much stronger reserve pairings are in the Championship this season. For example he wouldn't get near Ashley Morris or Wilko.

totally agree yes that's me agreeing with wonders never cease ha ha even before his big crash he was still well off the pace sorry but the kid dosent 

like to mix it into the first big hope am proved wrong danny boy we will wait and see

7 minutes ago, boomerang said:

totally agree yes that's me agreeing with wonders never cease ha ha even before his big crash he was still well off the pace sorry but the kid dosent 

like to mix it into the first big hope am proved wrong danny boy we will wait and see

Atleast we agree on something!!

This Sunday 18th we will be once again down at the track, we have this Sunday to complete all the jobs needed so we are set for press/practice the following Sunday! As always we need as many helping hands to help ensure all the jobs are finished in time!, so if you have any spare time and can help out in any way contact Jacki Campbell or just turn up! Start time 10am until 2pm see you then!, thank you in advance as always!  Don't forget warm clothing and hot drinks and biccies will be available.