British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Moranboys

Sheffield V Ipswich 1st Leg 28/0917

apparently now, should we defeat glasgow following the second leg of the play-offs,then the first leg of the play off final will be this coming thursday in place of the redcar fixture as the stadium would not be available the following week so what happens to the k.o.c fixture against ipswich as this fixture is still in the fixture list.anyone shed any light?

As much as I would like to see ipswich win, I think too much damage will be done at Sheffield. Sheffield have rider's that will go higher wider and deeper to score points.

I think this thread is questioning the KOCup semi in the fixture lists of both teams for Thursday 5th October for Sheffields home leg when the reason for holding the first leg of the final (subject to progress) on Thursday 28th is that the stadium is unavailable the week after.

So is the cup date postponed?

Thought they may have swapped the cup dates around.

Thought they may have swapped the cup dates around.

Would make sense.

The only thing I can think of to prevent this is if stock cars are running Saturday 7th.

Foxhall restrictions include (I think) having no more than 2 events in a 8 day period.

And I suppose it beats having same team back on consecutive weeks.

From the Sheffield web site:-

Josh Grajczonek is battered and bruised after a nasty spill in Scotland and is desperate to ride – but club chiefs will make an early check with him on the day.

Josh Bates was in a horror crash and early fears were of a neck injury – but after a trip to hospital it was confirmed nothing is broken and, like Grajczonek, he wants to ride.

Hopes are also high for Lasse Bjerre to race after his spill.

Co-promoter Damien Bates said: “It was a nightmare to be honest and it hardly felt like we’d won through to a Grand Final.

“Thankfully there is no serious damage but with time short ahead of the first leg at Owlerton we need riders who are 100% fit. We will know more in the morning.”

Isn't it strange the hell of a rush and agreement to run fixtures now when all season long it can't be done,pathetic.The season doesn't end till last day in October!!!! Just a load of meaningless fixtures left for clubs.Self interest rules again IMO.

• Like 3

I know this is the cup thread but I think tomorrows play off final could be close.With last nights injuries plus Todd is struggling with his hand I think Ipswich are now the favourites.The cup matches could be a revenge mission for either side.Good luck to the Tigers lets give it a big performance.

Biggest meeting for both clubs, but we're just talking about it in a couple of other threads. Come on you Witches, try to keep it close so we can have a good night Saturday.

• Like 1