British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Moranboys

Sheffield V Ipswich 1st Leg 28/0917

Scott Nichols as guest?

surely he wouldnt agree to line up against the Witches.......

They need to put a statue up of greaves outside the stadium.. Week in week out he does so much. He is the reason we are still in it after tonight.

• Like 6

If Josh G is out, the a guest from the Championship will restricted to someone from Berwick, Newcastle, Redcar & Scunny.

Robert Lambert, Stevie Worrall, Nick Morris, & Charles Wright seem the best candidates, but some of them might in Poland or Czech Rep this weekend.

You've missed the possibility of a guest from the Premiership on a converted average.

All the best

Rob

Typical, I said to the missus if it's 10-12 points down I'll go Saturday, if it's 18 or more I won't, just knew it would be somewhere in the middle. Not beyond the realms of possibility, but the thought of Sheffield starting well and finishing it off before 8pm doesn't appeal.

But if the ever pessimistic Balders believes we can do it, then we must have faith.

• Like 1

I thought we would do worse tonight, so to me we are still well in this, those who thought we would do better are now umm and arrring. That's the best part of being pessimistic.

• Like 1

But you only scraped it by 10 against us when we were missing Mark Riss.

From a Somerset fan I would like to wish Sheffield all the best tonight.

Last year you were brilliant in the final against the Rebels and were magnanimous in defeat and I personally wont forget it and Kyles after match speech.

We share a lucky omen in JG.

Go tigers Go.

It was a special nite one to remember.

surely he wouldnt agree to line up against the Witches.......

It is all,about money and why would he not line up for the opposition? If he has no chance of coming back to Ipswich next year, the guy wants to ride and earn as much as is possible and despite the connections you could not blame him for taking up an offer having been shafted really the Panthers recent fixture. None of this would be an issue if the powers that be could run the sport so that riders could earn a decent living even allowing for fixed fees which tend to be in addition to basic points money. Time that the powers that be learned that all most fans want is competitive racing and where possible evenly matched/balanced teams. Not too much to ask for is it ? All the riders want is weekly racing as a minimum. What is it that the BSPA do not get about this? An end of season fixture shambles and why? As many have said, weeks without meetings etc.. Time that the BSPA put the house of Speedway UK in order and insisted that riders carefully chose what leagues that want to ride in and stop keeping UK supporters dangling. It is predominantly a summer sport but the fixture shambles does throw up issues. To the BSPA, the fans want answers and not bull sh.t. Are you up to teplying?

Great meeting some spectacular racing, Josh Bates was brilliant you could see he gave it everything. The second leg should be another tense affair. I think the Tigers with a 16pt lead have enough to hang on for the win. Scott Nichols for Josh G would be a great guest. UTT.

I said Batesy would be the difference between a slender margin and a decent one tonight, and he was. The pass on Rory Schlein in heat 9 to retake the lead took pure guts and balls of steel, absolutely fearless!

Hoping we can take a strong enough lead down to Ipswich to grind out the result. I will be there and in good voice, hopefully plenty of Tigers supporters will make the trip down to get behind the lads.

COME ON TIGERS!!!!!!

Is it golden heats or replay?

Golden heats if the aggregate scores are level.

Absolutely gutted I couldn't go to Owlerton tonight, due to circumstances.. It has been too long since my last visit. Despite everything the Tigers seem to have put themselves in title winning position. If Sheffield win, who does Bates ride for in the Leicester relegation/promotion play off? I could repeat the same question if Ipswich win, who does King ride for?

Golden heats if the aggregate scores are level.

Is the Edinburgh v Newcastle (was it those two teams?) play-off meeting still the only occasion that a tie that gone to Golden Heats?

All the best

Rob