British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Moranboys

Sheffield V Ipswich 1st Leg 28/0917

Think 16 points is just going to be to much for us but I'm coming up for this. I can see the loss of Josh G helping Sheffield as he has only scored 6 in both visits this season. We need a minimum of 16 points from the first 4 races to have a chance I feel. Kurtz is usually poor, Bjerre blows hot and cold. A lot could depend on keeping Graversen quiet. The loss of Connor is huge I feel. He would have seen off Wood but I'm not sure Bacon will

Come on the witches, I still believe👍👍🏁🏁🏆🏆🏆🏆

Edited by baldyman

Its a tough ask for Ipswich, but I've seen it done before in a Play Off Final, a few 5-1's and its all to play for, but I think if we have got Tom Bacon again its an up hill task...

Best case scenario

Rory and Danny = 24

Kyle and Cam = 16

Connor's replacement =1

that leaves Nathan getting 12 from 7. Looking at the updates last night he was gating very well, do this at home and you'd expect him to hold on. Then we win the run off.

Are these realistic? Or has that knock on the head sent me doolally?

Now we hope that Josh G is fit, as I'm sure they can find a better replacement around our place.

I think this will be won with the middle order riders. I have looked back at the previous results & wins by 14 points(1 using a t/r) makes Saturday an interesting affair. In both meetings, the top 2 riders put Ipswich in front, Bjerre & Bates did not score well, reserves cancelled each other out.

Got back from Sheffield a little while ago, a good meeting with some good racing. We were beaten by a better team on the night, but our riders were giving it everything. I would of liked a better score but it is still achievable.

IPSWICH WITCHES YOU CAN DO IT

• Like 1

Sheffield have pulled off a trump card there. A much better rider round foxhall than josh could ever be. Well done sheffield on that.

Think that's just earned the tigers the title. Sorry folks. Brilliant tactical play by the tigers management 👍👏👏👏

Edited by baldyman

Sheffield have pulled off a trump card there. A much better rider round foxhall than josh could ever be. Well done sheffield on that.

Hiding to nothing if he doesn't perform being former Ipswich man.Sure he will though.

Scott Nichols just announced as guest replacement for Josh G

Yet again guests will have an arguably significant influence on who wins silverware. I recall last year Sheffield used Ricky Wells, Robert Brandford and Lewis Kerr as guests against Newcastle in the semis who combined to tip the balance in Sheffield's favour.

Don't have a better solution to offer but in my view definitely takes the edge off the achievement for a team who wins in this fashion

Scott Nichols just announced as guest replacement for Josh G

What ?...how can that be fair, can't recall Scotty riding at all this Year in the Championship !

What ?...how can that be fair, can't recall Scotty riding at all this Year in the Championship !

Rode for Sheffield a few weeks ago