British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Moranboys

Sheffield V Ipswich 1st Leg 28/0917

When you think about it it is funny. Local lad and ipswich legend stops his home team from winning a title

Only in speedway lol

Edited by baldyman

If we had won the league then lost the play offs due to injuries, I'd be gutted. But Sheffield got a full strength side together when it mattered and won the league fair and square. I honestly felt this side would do it this year, but once we lost Nico and couldn't replace with someone as good, that was it. But well done for finishing 2nd.

Let's hope we can get closer to Sheffield up there in the cup.

He guested the other week for the Tigers. So what are the tigers supposed to do go with a reserve or just have 6 riders. Those are the rules. If the boot was on the other foot the witches would do exactly the same thing. I wish Josh G was fit he deserves to be in the final after the season he as had. But Scott Nichols a great guest. The tigers are a better team than the last time we rode at Ipswich. So i expect them to be a lot closer than before. UTT.

• Like 1

It may have helped if we got shot of sedgmen when it was clear he wasn't up to it., left it to long.

I fully expect the tigers to now go on and beat Leicester in the promotion thing, but then miraculously still be top league next season.

His average fits with the conversion, so what's the deal?

A very good deal if you ask me. Sheffield have pulled off a blinder. I can only tip my hat to them. Best team most of the season and will be deserved champions.

• Like 2

Ipswich previous visit Mark Riss 7 +2 guesting I think for Sedgeman made them stronger I feel as Sedgeman is poor round Sheffield.Any way great performance from the Tigers last night with some great racing.Heat 12 was poor for us,if Lasse had won and we got a 3-3 we would have20 point gap which I feel would be enough but I think it may be close tomorrow.I hope we can pull it off as we finished 6 points above Ipswich with 2 matches still to ride.Play offs should be separate competition for me but it is what it is.Well done to the Tigers .

Nobody likes to use guests, sometimes they make you stronger, sometimes weaker. But just when you think you've got a chance of winning the biggest meeting of the season, the opposition come out with a guest who will probably score more than the bloke he's replacing.

We Ipswich fans aren't moaning about it, we're just stating the facts. Mark Riss and Mason Campton have made us stronger recently, but I'm sure most will understand, it makes us a bit peed off that our local hero is probably the one to stop us having a chance to win the play offs.

Never mind, as I said earlier, Sheffield won the league fair and square.

Edited by spanner47
  • Like 1

Its a chance you take when you pick the guests I think every club has benefitted over the years and ha s to be accepted as a necessary evil.I remember Sedgeman guesting for us and being awful and we were stung regular by Glasgow when James Greives was always mysteriously injured when they visited.It is what it is im afraid and either Scott will be up for it and do you some damage or he may let us down due to a soft spot for the witches? We will find out tomorrow.

the team that finishes top of the league should be the champs

The top 4 should then qualify to be in the playoffs and call it the knockout cup

• Like 2

But that's not the rules is it. Every year the same old tosh. The league is won by the team that wins the play offs, not who finishes top of the qualification process. There is no league winner, only a play off winner.

The rules need changing the top of the league should be champs not saying do away with play offs but it could be the knockout cup

In my eyes it s not right that a team that finishes 2nd 3rd or fourth could win and be crowned champion s if Sheffield had won last year it would have been a big injustice

Just my opinion of course

• Like 2