British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Lakeside V Belle Vue 29th September Play-off Semi 1st Leg

Speedway at the end of September at Lakeside, wow! Think Lakeside will probably win the home leg, but will it be enough for the second leg? Hopefully Belle Vue will have Dan Bewley available. After yesterday at NLRC there should be some good races with Morley

Who will guest for Zach? Plymouth are riding the same night, so Boxall is out - can it be Luke Bowen (from another team in the play-offs)?

Matt Williamson would be my pick to guest went well here and said he loves the track

• Like 1

Agree with Waco.I think in the past its been run that teams in play offs can't use riders from fellow play off teams.

Other contenders could be Max Clegg, Liam Carr or Tom Perry.

As a kent fan I would not be happy Bowen risking injury for another play off team.

Whoever is selected, the Hammers will not progress beyond this round.

Well, TonyE, that is a very pessimistic view. I think that we have every chance with Alfie the key man. IF he performs as he can,

it's Heigh Ho for the Final....Eastie of Kent ??? Good end to the season.

Well, TonyE, that is a very pessimistic view. I think that we have every chance with Alfie the key man. IF he performs as he can,

I think I just saw a pig fly by. B Vue to beat Kent comfortably in the final barring accidents. Has been that way for pretty much everybody since before the season started.

Would be a great upset but a big ask. Would need Morley to max out, Hurry, Bowtell & guest to get double figures and still need one of the tail to stand up.

Belle Vue have consistently hit 55+ at home so Lakeside would need that as a minimum target to set up an exciting second leg

I am afraid our tail is way to long,no improvement all season .Sure we have the heat leaders and Alfie when he,s there,, to do the job.. but over two legs i doubt that will be enough...Still looking forward to fridays meeting and hope we can get enough points to make the return at Belle Vue interesting....

I am afraid our tail is way to long,no improvement all season .Sure we have the heat leaders and Alfie when he,s there,, to do the job.. but over two legs i doubt that will be enough...Still looking forward to fridays meeting and hope we can get enough points to make the return at Belle Vue interesting....

Lakesides resistance to try/change anything at the lower order will ultimately hurt them in the end. Connor will probably be better in the long run from the experience but Cousins, Laurence & Locke have all spent the season at a track with a strong home advantage and all failed to become anything more than 3 pointers.

Normally i would suspect a mystery injury to bring in an unattached 3 pointer but all those who have been doing the rounds this season haven't offered a lot of inspiration. Who knows maybe one of the three will deliver a big performance?

When its all said and done of course the Aces should win over two legs, I expect Hammers to win at home by around six (on the proviso the guest for Zach scores very well) but lose the 2nd leg by around 16-20 maybe more.

That's not being cynical, just realistic based on the known facts.

Just so long as they don't do a repeat of last seasons play off semi and go for rider replacement instead of a guest and promptly lose the home leg as well, another little lie by the club that was spun in the build up.

I would call it realistic - the most any team has scored at NSS is 37 and that was Kent. Winning at home is all we can hope for.

It would be good to give Jason Edwards a chance (at Arena at least).

Edited by TonyE
  • Like 1

I would call it realistic - the most any team has scored at NSS is 37 and that was Kent. Winning at home is all we can hope for.

It would be good to give Jason Edwards a chance (at Arena at least).

Wasn't Jason injured after a crash a few weeks back? I would like to see him though.

Wasn't Jason injured after a crash a few weeks back? I would like to see him though.

Jason was riding in the amateur event at Rye last Sunday.