British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Lakeside V Belle Vue 29th September Play-off Semi 1st Leg

I got the date from the SCB registration list.

Yes I have found that now. Thanks.

Belle Vue v Wolves postponed tonight and rearranged this Friday. No Bewley nor Smith here then.

Edited by tocha

Belle Vue v Wolves postponed tonight and rearranged this Friday. No Bewley nor Smith here then.

And presumably no Shuttleworth & Payne either.

Wish Jason Edwards all the best as he gets set to establish himself in the NL. Watched him in the British Youth Championships at BV over last couple of years, looks to have plenty of ability.

Edited by mikec

Would love it if Belle Vue vs Wolves was rained off on Friday too, what would BT sport do then as it would impact upon their precious finale.

However from a Hammers point of view this gives us a very good chance to build up a lead which may make the return very interesting indeed, but yeah I know it’s not ideal nor in the interests of the sport credibility.

Farcical.

• Like 1

Definitely hoping Lakeside & Wolves thump Belle Vue now. Im all for the best team winning and for the most part that has been the Colts but the disdain by the senior members of the club shown towards the NL side is appalling. I do feel for the lower end riders who want to give thier all, the team management who have been left high and dry but mostly the fans who have stuck with the Colts all season, given a great opportunity to progressing riders throughout the league only to be dumped upon at the sharp end of the season.

It's a question of priorities. I doubt that Belle Vue had any option but to race the semi final against Wolves on Friday with the televised final set for Monday. I suspect that any promotion would make the same decisions faced with having to decide whether to weaken their NL team to give their PL team the best chance possible of progressing to the PL final or to weaken the PL team.

The PL team is the most important both in terms of the financial benefits of getting to the final and the prestige to be gained by success. I think it's terrible that we are in this situation and feel for the Colts, who I also support, after all their efforts this season. However, once a choice had to be made only one decision was realistic.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

I know the Colts have to play second fiddle due to all the excessive doubling/trebling up by riders (which really needs to stop 3 leagues is too many/greedy) so Bewley riding for the senior team is inevitable but why include Shuttleworth in the PL side too? There must be plenty of other 2 pointers who could have filled in for Smith rather than weakening the Colts further.

• Like 1

Definitely hoping Lakeside & Wolves thump Belle Vue now. Im all for the best team winning and for the most part that has been the Colts but the disdain by the senior members of the club shown towards the NL side is appalling. I do feel for the lower end riders who want to give thier all, the team management who have been left high and dry but mostly the fans who have stuck with the Colts all season, given a great opportunity to progressing riders throughout the league only to be dumped upon at the sharp end of the season.

I have calmed down a little now and see that this must be BSPA decision and has forced Belle vue into this situation.From what I have seen the Belle vue management has a great passion for the National league if they had a choice there is no way they would have screwed over there own Colts team.

For me its the BSPA who have distain for the National league by not even taking it into consideration when re-arranging the Prem league meeting.So for you to hope that both my teams get a thumping imo is a little wrong as I think the Belle vue management had little choice in the matter.I am hopeing that both my teams can against all odds progress into the next round and kick the BSPA in the nuts.

I know the Colts have to play second fiddle due to all the excessive doubling/trebling up by riders (which really needs to stop 3 leagues is too many/greedy) so Bewley riding for the senior team is inevitable but why include Shuttleworth in the PL side too? There must be plenty of other 2 pointers who could have filled in for Smith rather than weakening the Colts further.

I agree with this comment it would make great sense with the change of date to now let shuttleworth ride for the colts and use any other 2 pointer instead it is unlikely that either would score many points and make all this a little less of a farce.

If we use R/R for one rider i suppose the big question is are the Colts allowed 3 guests for this meeting anyone know the rules on this matter ?.

Edited by B.V 72

Complete farce,,The BSPA and the club organisers need to get a grip before they completely destroy the sport ,,how much more can the fans put up with before they walk in large numbers .?

• Like 2

Definitely. Fair enough if the Aces have to ride on Friday to get their semi-final in before the final and they unfortunately miss Bewley but it shouldn't involve Shuttleworth. Rob isn't an Aces rider but is a Colts rider so he should ride for the Colts and not ride elsewhere when he has a contracted meeting already scheduled.

• Like 1

Jason Edwards has been riding in the 250 cc competition up till now so it will be a big step up to go to a 500 in the NL.

Would expect team news to be released (for both Belle Vue sides) within the next hour or so.