British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Peter Pk Karlsson Have Announced His Retirement.

Peter PK Karlsson have been riding 500cc bikes since 1985 but his career have now come to an end.
Peter have decided to retire and Piraterna's away meeting against Dackarna in Målilla on August 22nd is his last meeting.

http://www.dagensvimmerby.se/sport/speedway/e/15143/efter-30-sm-finaler-nu-lagger-ikonen-slapskon-pa-hyllan/

Edited by Ghostwalker

Wishing PK all the best for the future,whatever he decides to do.

After all these years in speedway i hope he stays in the sport in some way. :t:

A remarkable career and a record to be proud of.PK has been loyal to British Speedway and Wolverhampton in particular over many years and was a rider I always looked forward to watching. I hope he enjoys whatever he does next and that we still see him involved in the sport in some capacity.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

An absolute legend and a thoroughly nice bloke to boot.

Got to know him very well in the very early stages of his UK career and will never forget trying to gain entrance to a night club in Wolverhampton, past the hour they would normally let you in and he announced in his Swedish Black Country accent. "I'm Peter Karlsson, let me and my friends in".. I figured the bouncer wouldn't have a clue, but another one came over, knew who he was and in we went.

Happy retirement PK.

• Like 7

Has always come across as a really nice bloke, great sense of humour and I can't remember him ever giving a duff interview when having a mic thrust in his face during meetings.

Tough rider though..

An absolute legend and a thoroughly nice bloke to boot.

Got to know him very well in the very early stages of his UK career and will never forget trying to gain entrance to a night club in Wolverhampton, past the hour they would normally let you in and he announced in his Swedish Black Country accent. "I'm Peter Karlsson, let me and my friends in".. I figured the bouncer wouldn't have a clue, but another one came over, knew who he was and in we went.

Happy retirement PK.

Great story that BW, can almost picture the scene and hear him saying it.

Thanks for the memories PK . More than just a great rider., a great sportsman as well which is far more important , especially in a sport so lacking in credibility

He would be a great credit to any sport. Speedway has been lucky to have him.

The word legend is thrown about far too much in life but where PK is concerned it's true. As a rider I used to pray he'd miss the start at Monmore just because you knew you'd see a master class. He wasn't a guns blazing, throw the bike around but a methodically, text book rider. Where as at Brandon there were times he wasn't the fastest but atching him put the bike in the perfect place to stop faster riders getting past him without even a tiny bit of dirtiness was a sight to behold - as a Bomber fan it would be frustrating to watch him block Bomber run but he knew exactly where to be every lap, every bend, every time he entered a corner and come out of it, a true master class in track craft.

Over the years it's been an absolute pleasure to watch PK and I can honestly say there has not bene a single time I have ever had anything remotly bad to say about him and I don't think any other rider can claim that!

Any young riders starting out could do a lot worse than look at how PK has handled himself throughout his career. Utterly professional while still maintaining a air of fun around himself. I just hope he continue to hang around the sport and pass on his vast knowledge on to the youngsters.

All the best PK!

Peter PK Karlsson have been riding 500cc bikes since 1985 but his career have now come to an end.

Peter have decided to retire and Piraterna's away against Dackarna in Målilla on August 22nd is his last meeting.

http://www.dagensvimmerby.se/sport/speedway/e/15143/efter-30-sm-finaler-nu-lagger-ikonen-slapskon-pa-hyllan/

What am he going to do now, I winder.

What a rider i always enjoyed watching him ride but the biggest thing was his personality a great example to younger riders.Good luck to PK in whatever he chooses to do with the rest of his life.

• Like 1

Fantastic bloke and rider a real ambassador to the sport I would like to wish Peter all the best.

I always liked and admired PK as a Rider. It didn't matter to me who he rode for, he was wonderful just to watch.

In Interviews on Television, my late Wife was always captivated by the Swedish voice with a Brummie accent. I too enjoyed listening to him. As a Sportsman he was second to none.

I wish him every success in the future. I agree with all the compliments paid to him on this Thread so far.

Thanks for the memories PK - and all the very best to you, you deserve it.

IMO the best league/team rider I have ever seen I will miss him but I am also glad he has left fit and at the top of his game all the best PK

• Like 3

Does anyone else have a sense of deja vue? Didn't PK retire last year?

Just kidding. It was great to see him turn up in Swedish speedway on Tuesday TV. And not just turn up, but winning races.

Peter is a true gentleman and anyone would have been proud to have in their team. And I mean team, Peter was a trier, always, but he was also there for the team. A rare animal in my many decades of support but a pleasure to see, even when he was on the other side.

The sport will be a poorer place after he retires. I hope he remains in some other capacity.

• Like 1