British Speedway Forum
Ghostwalker

Peter Pk Karlsson Have Announced His Retirement.

Great rider and a proper nice guy one of the most stylish and consistent riders there has been shame he didn't ride longer in the Gps absolute quality happy retirement PK

It was confirmed today that he will be the new team manager for the Swedish team Dackarna,

Edited by Ghostwalker

Always sad to see someone go who was always loyal to UK speedway ..sad day also for bwitcher who made loads of money as his stunt double .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

Always sad to see someone go who was always loyal to UK speedway ..sad day also for bwitcher who made loads of money as his stunt double .

He has his bike from last year for sale, seriously considering buying one, take my act to a new level.

Although, I think you have it the wrong way round, PK was the one doing the 'stunts' :)

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

I always liked and admired PK as a Rider. It didn't matter to me who he rode for, he was wonderful just to watch.

In Interviews on Television, my late Wife was always captivated by the Swedish voice with a Brummie accent. I too enjoyed listening to him. As a Sportsman he was second to none.

I wish him every success in the future. I agree with all the compliments paid to him on this Thread so far.

Thanks for the memories PK - and all the very best to you, you deserve it.

Have to pick you up on this TWK PK didn't have a Brummie accent he had a Black Country one , massive insult.

• Like 1

I always liked and admired PK as a Rider. It didn't matter to me who he rode for, he was wonderful just to watch.

In Interviews on Television, my late Wife was always captivated by the Swedish voice with a Brummie accent. I too enjoyed listening to him. As a Sportsman he was second to none.

I wish him every success in the future. I agree with all the compliments paid to him on this Thread so far.

Except that it isn't a Brummie accent. It's " Black Country". It makes a huge difference to West Midland residents. :D

• Like 1

Except that it isn't a Brummie accent. It's " Black Country". It makes a huge difference to West Midland residents. :D

Both bloody flat and boring but. :D:P

Have to pick you up on this TWK PK didn't have a Brummie accent he had a Black Country one , massive insult.

Humble apologies for my error. :oops:

I didn't mean to upset anyone - but I can understand it. I have been called a 'Geordie' occasionally myself. As a 'Mackem' - :blink: :blink: :blink:

OK Tsunami. :o;)

• Like 3

Humble apologies for my error. :oops:

I didn't mean to upset anyone - but I can understand it. I have been called a 'Geordie' occasionally myself. As a 'Mackem' - :blink: :blink: :blink:

OK Tsunami. :o;)

You lot should try being a Brit in the States! Everyone here thinks that they can do an English accent, but I really don't sound like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins!

Steve

But it can be understood, unlike Geordie. :D

Not true David. Most popular accent was Geordie in a survey for call centres. Bottom to the list was Brummie Black Country accents as nee body cud understand or be bothad with what they were tackin aboot like.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Not true David. Most popular accent was Geordie in a survey for call centres. Bottom to the list was Brummie Black Country accents as nee body cud understand or be bothad with what they were tackin aboot like.

Crumbs Tsunami - nothing like stirring the Pot. :o;)

Wees kees are these kees? :blink::rofl: :rofl:

I couldn't even bring myself to reply TWK, never been so insulted in my life. Lol

• Like 4

The word legend is thrown about far too much in life but where PK is concerned it's true. As a rider I used to pray he'd miss the start at Monmore just because you knew you'd see a master class. He wasn't a guns blazing, throw the bike around but a methodically, text book rider. Where as at Brandon there were times he wasn't the fastest but atching him put the bike in the perfect place to stop faster riders getting past him without even a tiny bit of dirtiness was a sight to behold - as a Bomber fan it would be frustrating to watch him block Bomber run but he knew exactly where to be every lap, every bend, every time he entered a corner and come out of it, a true master class in track craft.

Over the years it's been an absolute pleasure to watch PK and I can honestly say there has not bene a single time I have ever had anything remotly bad to say about him and I don't think any other rider can claim that!

Any young riders starting out could do a lot worse than look at how PK has handled himself throughout his career. Utterly professional while still maintaining a air of fun around himself. I just hope he continue to hang around the sport and pass on his vast knowledge on to the youngsters.

All the best PK!

Fantastic tribute by a non-wolves fan, and a supporter of our local rivals. Many thanks SCB 😁

Birmingham is 15 miles from Wolverhampton, it's a whole different world you know 😀

Something you may be interested in. An academic has done research and come to the conclusion that the closest you will find to Shakespearean dialect currently spoken is to found in Lower Gornal in the black country. Apparently they still use words such as thee and thou.

• Like 1