British Speedway Forum
dantodan

1st October 2017 Newcastle Diamonds V Workington Comets Championship

Do we want to win ?

Well if we do not want to win,what is the point in turning up to watch riders going through the motions.

• Like 1

Probably need him more in the KO cup against Glagow more if we have any chance of progressing at all.

Only if you want to win.

Do we want to win ?

Well if we do not want to win,what is the point in turning up to watch riders going through the motions.

I believe it is stupid to suggest that we don't want to win. It's a chance of silverware, in what has been, largely, a disappointing season.

• Like 2

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number.

Thanks

• Like 1

I dont have a problem with Robert riding in Poland but having to use a guest who isnt even at national league standard and riding at no,1 is a joke - no wonder the sport is dying with ridiculous rules like that made by the BSPA, I wont be there to pay and watch cook v embleton, and i bet theres lots mojre thinking the same!

I dont have a problem with Robert riding in Poland but having to use a guest who isnt even at national league standard and riding at no,1 is a joke - no wonder the sport is dying with ridiculous rules like that made by the BSPA, I wont be there to pay and watch cook v embleton, and i bet theres lots mojre thinking the same!

There's always Stevie W vs Cook....

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

Understand ( I think) the whys and wherefores, but what is also equally annoying is that there is no team announcement (now 1.20pm).

Do not intend to race back from SJP for this non event if promotion can't be bothered to announce the team or give advance notice of whether Robert will or will not be riding

• Like 1

Understand ( I think) the whys and wherefores, but what is also equally annoying is that there is no team announcement (now 1.20pm).

Do not intend to race back from SJP for this non event if promotion can't be bothered to announce the team or give advance notice of whether Robert will or will not be riding

It's on the website (and has been since about 11.25am) that Josh Embleton is at number one for the Diamonds

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100792

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

this utter farce of a season cannot come to an end soon enough

no wonder speedway is dying in this country as the bspa stupid illogical rule book defies belief

speedway is in the entertainment business.... and if the promotors of this country think embleton v cook is entertaining then it is says it all

the leagues, the replacement rider rules and team building all need looking at in the winter

I for one am fed up of seeing only 9 teams - with guests and nl reserves standing in

I will be there tonight but I understand why many wont

whether I am there next year I don't know and I have been going since 1975

I'm not blaming George and Alan - I'm holding all speedway promoters to account .............. the garbage of the league drummed up this year is unacceptable and at this rate the country will be down to 8 teams within 5 years as club after club will fold

• Like 4

this utter farce of a season cannot come to an end soon enough

no wonder speedway is dying in this country as the bspa stupid illogical rule book defies belief

speedway is in the entertainment business.... and if the promotors of this country think embleton v cook is entertaining then it is says it all

the leagues, the replacement rider rules and team building all need looking at in the winter

I for one am fed up of seeing only 9 teams - with guests and nl reserves standing in

I will be there tonight but I understand why many wont

whether I am there next year I don't know and I have been going since 1975

I'm not blaming George and Alan - I'm holding all speedway promoters to account .............. the garbage of the league drummed up this year is unacceptable and at this rate the country will be down to 8 teams within 5 years as club after club will fold

This isn't a BSPA rule (concerning Robert):

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100781

• Like 1

Your absence will be duly noted, and we will expect a written letter of explanation next week mind lol

Any one know who's riding at No.7 for the Comets?

i take a guess at the pie man (bowen )or tom wooley

Any one know who's riding at No.7 for the Comets?

i take a guess at the pie man (bowen )or tom wooley

According to Comets website it's the same 1-7 as last night against P'boro, so it should be Tom Woolley.