British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Sheffield Play Offs 2nd Leg Tuesday 26 September

Heard that he was meant to be riding tonight for BV. If it is the case of the rider picking and choosing his meetings he should put under the scrutiny of the powers that be?

This is yet another problem caused by doubling(trebling) up/down. I'm sure our management team won't be taken for a ride.

No , if we're riding on the same night , then fair enough - he's their asset , but to miss our meeting to be ready for theirs the following evening just isn't on , I hope Wolves pump them now .

• Like 2

No , if we're riding on the same night , then fair enough - he's their asset , but to miss our meeting to be ready for theirs the following evening just isn't on , I hope Wolves pump them now .

Totally agree regarding DB. It is shambolic. Not a fan of Wolves though. Too much of a monarchs connection there.

Totally agree regarding DB. It is shambolic. Not a fan of Wolves though. Too much of a monarchs connection there.

I don't mind them collecting silverware with Wolves haha

• Like 1

I think he was refering to Glasgow meetings, Well done to Jim McGregor for showing that we go to see refereeing decisions and not racing, your a star.

Not like him!!!!!!!!

That's what happens when you sign riders that you don't own I'm afraid. Poor from dan though still should have rode last night.

Heard from several people that he's not enjoyed being at Glasgow this year.

• Like 1

That's what happens when you sign riders that you don't own I'm afraid. Poor from dan though still should have rode last night.

Not going to get in to this again if you don't tell us who said what then who cares what you heard, he looks happy enough anytime I saw him.

In regards to last night his parent club will have applied the pressure and a young lad like Dan would I have imagined felt obliged to adhere to what his parent club say , not saying it Is right but if this is the scenario you can understand the position he was placed in.

• Like 1

Heard that he was meant to be riding tonight for BV. If it is the case of the rider picking and choosing his meetings he should put under the scrutiny of the powers that be?

This is yet another problem caused by doubling(trebling) up/down. I'm sure our management team won't be taken for a ride.

Agree 100%. If he's fit to ride Monday and fit to ride Wednesday, then he's fit enough to ride on Tuesday. Absolute nonsense, he should be cited for with holding his services and banned for 28 days!

• Like 1

Of course there is a very strong Monarch connection with Belle Vue as well.

• Like 2

very strange meeting , last night , totally disagreed with the heat 2 scenario, sheffield riders were trying too hard going into bends, despite bend 3 being icy, they should have just settled as they had the tie in the bag anyway, hope the guys are ok though. Sheffield deserve to go all the way and bag the trophy. Bowtell was worth much more than his 1 point, wouldn't mind seeing him in next years team , he gives everything and has no fear blasting round bends 1 + 2, was good to see Sarge back, but he really needs to learn how to sit still at the tapes, he is still a steal on his average though, and his heart appears to be at Glasgow. Will be glad when this season is over, who knows what the set up will be for next season. I hope that the powers that be at Glasgow go for guys who want to ride there and not just offer money or whatever to get riders. I would much prefer to watch guys who have a heart for the team than double uppers who dont give a toss.

• Like 2

De ja vu, Did this not happen when he left them to come to us ;o( shame such a talented rider to lose his reputation.

I don't blame Bewley, he's just a young lad following what his employers say. But I hope Belle Vue get pumped, taking advantage of the lack of transparency in Speedway to ..... well it's not exactly pulling a fast one is it? It's just taking the P.

The other thing about Bewley everyone seems to be missing is that it made Glasgow stronger tonight.

they had a capable replacement in Campton (especially as the Glasgow fans seem to think Bewley isn't trying for them) and it allowed Summer to take one of the RR rides instead of a reserve.

Perhaps it wasn't BVs idea for him to miss this meeting, or is there evidence that it was

Edited by The Third Man

The other thing about Bewley everyone seems to be missing is that it made Glasgow stronger tonight.

they had a capable replacement in Campton (especially as the Glasgow fans seem to think Bewley isn't trying for them) and it allowed Summer to take one of the RR rides instead of a reserve.

Perhaps it wasn't BVs idea for him to miss this meeting, or is there evidence that it was

Is there evidence that it wasn't there idea, and making us stronger is hypothetical who knows how Dan would have scored.

Anyway after the first leg we could have brought Greg Hancock in and it still wouldn't have made any difference.

• Like 1

Anyway after the first leg we could have brought Greg Hancock in and it still wouldn't have made any difference.

Yep, you're right it wouldn't have made a difference. Because Hancock is injured after all...

• Like 1