British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Sheffield Play Offs 2nd Leg Tuesday 26 September

Seems like an awful lot of falls tonight. Has the track not been prepared for decent racing tonight for some reason?

Seems like an awful lot of falls tonight. Has the track not been prepared for decent racing tonight for some reason?

I am sure someone who was there tonight will be on to let us know how the track was.

But the track has took a battering the last week with heavy rain so who knows.

But well done to Sheffield hope the two Josh's are not hurt too badly.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

I am sure someone who was there tonight will be on to let us know how the track was.

But the track has took a battering the last week with heavy rain so who knows.

But well done to Sheffield hope the two Josh's are not hurt too badly.

Whens the re-staging of the CLRC being held? They'd better get it right for that. Or better still they could have it at Sheffield!

Whens the re-staging of the CLRC being held? They'd better get it right for that. Or better still they could have it at Sheffield!

Can't really say they got it wrong as I nor you were there tonight so I would reserve judgement until someone who was there can let you know that question.

Restaging for the CLRC is Saturday 14th October at Glasgow.

Looks like Bewley has decided he has a better chance of getting to a play off final with Belle Vue

You could be right:-

BELLE VUE V WOLVERHAMPTON 7:30PM WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 27

Belle Vue Rentruck Aces

Kenneth Bjerre, Steve Worrall, Max Fricke, Rohan Tungate, Craig Cook ©, Dan Bewley, Rob Shuttleworth (G); TM: Mark Lemon

Wolverhampton Parrys International Wolves

Freddie Lindgren ©, Kyle Howarth, Rory Schlein, Jacob Thorssell R/R, Sam Masters, Mark Riss, Nathan Greaves; TM: Peter Adams

Well done Sheffield for tonight. Hope Josh x2 and Lasse are ok.

Edited by Blackadder

Track was slicker than ive seen it but perfectly raceable. Sheffields' falls were all self inflicted. I would speculate Bates and Grajczonek were because they were too hard on the gas turning in and Bjerre looked an EF when he inexplicably came off when comfortable in front.

Tonight also showed why we cant sign Sarjeant next year. Two tapes offences when we really were desperate for any points we could get. He was unlucky in ht2 when Graversen locked up whilst trying to pin him down on the first turn and the Grand M excluded him.

If we have any sense we'll stick a 2018 contract under Bowtells nose. Passed his entrance test tonight with flying colours in only his second visit. Got stuck in and wasnt scared to keep the throttle on with those big runs off gate 4 round the first and second bends. We have really suffered at reserve this season and shown we cant carry a weak No7 and underperforming No6.

Bit of a waste of time, but most definately not the lowest attended meeting since the revamp...seen it lower at a Scunny or Redcar meeting. I was actually surprised as I expected it to be empty. Still, deeply dissapointing end to the league season.

In summary:

Well done Bowtell, Sarge for coming in.

McGregor was a joke.

Hope both Joshes are OK, Sheffield deserve to go all the way.

Disastrous play off which I hope is never repeated. Tonight was always going to be dead rubber. A playoff semi final reduced to a meaningless meeting.

Shambolic due to ambulences not turning up, three really nasty crashes, and the curfew.

A night to forget, alhtough bizarrely I quite enjoyed it. Must be mental.

• Like 2

I've missed something. Why is it interesting in the pits? Genuine question

It's been interesting in the Glasgow pits for ages thanks to Worrall and Lawson

It's been interesting in the Glasgow pits for ages thanks to Worrall and Lawson

Was also good to see them

Helping each other at worky on Saturday night when Richards bike had a few problems

Bit of a waste of time, but most definately not the lowest attended meeting since the revamp...seen it lower at a Scunny or Redcar meeting. I was actually surprised as I expected it to be empty. Still, deeply dissapointing end to the league season.

In summary:

Well done Bowtell, Sarge for coming in.

McGregor was a joke.

Hope both Joshes are OK, Sheffield deserve to go all the way.

Disastrous play off which I hope is never repeated. Tonight was always going to be dead rubber. A playoff semi final reduced to a meaningless meeting.

Shambolic due to ambulences not turning up, three really nasty crashes, and the curfew.

A night to forget, alhtough bizarrely I quite enjoyed it. Must be mental.

Are you for real comparing a Redcar and Scunthorpe crowd to a big city like Glasgow crowd base. I would have thought with the population within a 20mile radius of Glasgow, plus travelling fans, the crowd would be at least 20 times as big! :o

I think he was refering to Glasgow meetings, Well done to Jim McGregor for showing that we go to see refereeing decisions and not racing, your a star.

• Like 2

As I said on another post when the date was announced a pity that what was meant to be a showcase money spinner and we have to host it on a Tuesday night. Congratulations to Sheffield and hope all riders that crashed are ok

I wasn't there, what referee decisions were wrong? there didn't seem to be anything controversial from the updates save for a couple of comments made about Sarjeant' starts, but that's nothing new!!

I see Bewley is down to ride at Belle Vue tonight . I know he's just a young lad and is only doing what Belle Vue have told him to do , but it's not on . Exciting talent or not , we can't have that , we want riders commited to the Tigers' cause and his Tigers career should be over .

• Like 2

I see Bewley is down to ride at Belle Vue tonight . I know he's just a young lad and is only doing what Belle Vue have told him to do , but it's not on . Exciting talent or not , we can't have that , we want riders commited to the Tigers' cause and his Tigers career should be over .

Heard that he was meant to be riding tonight for BV. If it is the case of the rider picking and choosing his meetings he should put under the scrutiny of the powers that be?

This is yet another problem caused by doubling(trebling) up/down. I'm sure our management team won't be taken for a ride.

• Like 1