Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SharpenRake

Glasgow V Sheffield Play Offs 2nd Leg Tuesday 26 September

On another subject, anyone else hear about a meeting on Friday at Ashfield?

One you may be thinking about is the cup match against Newcastle.

Next Friday 6th October.

• Like 1

Blobby's second point was clearly irrelevant (since Bewley could have picked Edinburgh above Belle Vue) so therefore I didn't include it.

Let's face it, Bewley isn't that interested in Edinburgh OR Glasgow. His heart is with Belle Vue. Good luck to him, because he's a real talent and I hope he goes a long way.

All the best

Rob

FYI:-

1. Dan Bewley was signed as a Belle Vue asset prior to the start of the 2016 Season.

2..Belle Vue & Edinburgh's designated race day for 2017 was Friday at Premier & Championship level, respectively.

3. Belle Vue as his parent club, decided to declare Dan as their number 6 for their 2017 Premier team.

Therefore DB would have been unable to ride for both clubs on their designated home race day when there were coinciding home fixtures.

Either you are being disingenuous or were simply unaware of the above facts when stating "Blobby's second point was clearly irrelevant".

You've missed the point. I'm well aware that Dan Bewley couldn't ride for Edinburgh AND Belle Vue. However, he could have picked Edinburgh ABOVE Belle Vue.

The asset system may still exist, but riders end up riding where they want - that's been the case ever since Coventry wanted to stop their assets Greg Hancock and Billy Hamill riding for Oxford in 2005 and couldn't. If Dan Bewley really wanted to ride for Edinburgh above anyone else, it's where he would have ended up this season. So Blobby's point was irrelevant.

The lad's is in Belle Vue, not anywhere else. And I hope he fulfils his early potential - he's one of the most exciting British youngsters I've seen for a long time.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam