British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Final 1st Leg - Swindon V Belle Vue/wolves - 02.10.17

With Bradley Wilson-Dean in that form, Swindon must be favourites. Would of made the difference against Belle Vue last friday, poor judgement by Rosco on that one.

I'm actually hoping Wolves go through to the final, Thorssell now a major doubt with multiple broken ribs.

COME ON THE ROBINS

How do you know about Jacobs injury ? No chance he could ride for 6 weeks with broken ribs

Who would have thought that Swindon would have topped the league this year and made the play-off finals. This team has improved throughout the season (with a slight dip after they were safe in top spot) and it would be great if they could prove all the pundits wrong by winning the whole thing. I am, of course biased and make no apology for that. COYR

• Like 1

Just don't understand where the logic lies in having the first leg of the final when you have the pick. Surely the reason to have first pick is so you can win the title in front of your home crowd instead of a couple of handfulls who will make the long trip to Manchester on a Monday?

Just don't understand where the logic lies in having the first leg of the final when you have the pick. Surely the reason to have first pick is so you can win the title in front of your home crowd instead of a couple of handfulls who will make the long trip to Manchester on a Monday?

Dogs on a Weds night. Ideally the 1st leg is rained off next Monday so we go away 1st!!

• Like 2

Because Swindon do not have access to their stadium on a Wednesday - because of the greyhounds!

Because Swindon do not have access to their stadium on a Wednesday - because of the greyhounds!

Fair enough, though one would have thought a deal would have been struck to move the greyhounds for one week.

Alternatively, move the second leg to the Tuesday or Thursday!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I see Shovlar is still here spouting his usual garbage.

I think he must have been booked on one of those cancelled Ryanair flights to Rome. :D

Dogs take priority, bit unfair, Swindon will just have to try and build a big lead. If they do win it overall the home fans will miss out again as in 2012.

• Like 1

Not that happy about having to have the first leg, will be doing rain dance so we can run 2nd leg at Swindon thurs 5th or the following monday.

• Like 2

Dogs take priority, bit unfair, Swindon will just have to try and build a big lead. If they do win it overall the home fans will miss out again as in 2012.

I don't think the Swindon fans that weren't able to make the trip to Poole fr the 2012 final ever saw the championship trophy, let alone their winning Robins team. No end of season celebration nothing.

• Like 4

I don't think the Swindon fans that weren't able to make the trip to Poole fr the 2012 final ever saw the championship trophy, let alone their winning Robins team. No end of season celebration nothing.

That was bad and as we have no meeting after the final the same could happen again.

• Like 2

It's a BAGS meeting which means it would cost the club the earth to compensate the Stadium owners...another example of the contempt GI treat our club with

That was bad and as we have no meeting after the final the same could happen again.

And we won't even have a chance to celebrate Doyleys possible world title!

I did get to see it close up so much so I may have left a bit of paint roller spray on it!
  • Like 2

Fair enough, though one would have thought a deal would have been struck to move the greyhounds for one week.

Alternatively, move the second leg to the Tuesday or Thursday!

The club have said it would cost thousands to move, Rosco has said this today. Unfortunately the money in the dogs guarantees them the stadium on a Wednesday,

Or Wolves Steve.

Can they borrow the big lead from one of the dog handlers!

• Like 1