British Speedway Forum
Blackadder

Jake Knight Banned

From the Speedwaygb web site:-

EASTBOURNE star Jake Knight has been banned for the clubs next two home matches following his non-appearance at the NLRC last weekend.

Knight missed the Leicester showpiece citing a lack of a serviceable engine following a meeting at Belle Vue the previous evening.

The Eagles have drafted in Ben Morley to guest in this Saturdays KO Cup semi-final against Plymouth, but no guest will be possible in the play-off clash with Kent one week later as Knight will no longer be No.1 in the Eagles averages.

I feel sorry for the lad. Have any riders in the PL or CL ever been banned for missing BSPA meetings?

This ban has been announced fairly quickly, but nothing yet on the Jack Holder farce.

EASTBOURNE star Jake Knight has been banned for the clubs next two home matches following his non-appearance at the NLRC last weekend.

Knight missed the Leicester showpiece citing a lack of a serviceable engine following a meeting at Belle Vue the previous evening.

The Eagles have drafted in Ben Morley to guest in this Saturdays KO Cup semi-final against Plymouth, but no guest will be possible in the play-off clash with Kent one week later as Knight will no longer be No.1 in the Eagles averages.

I feel sorry for the lad. Have any riders in the PL or CL ever been banned for missing BSPA meetings?

This ban has been announced fairly quickly, but nothing yet on the Jack Holder farce.

I felt sorry for those who travelled to the meeting, only to find four last minute changes.

• Like 2

Act 11 of the BSPA "Ban Em Farce ( Or Not ) " but this one, for some reason is much easier and can be dealt with much more swiftly. Is any action being taken on Jack Holder - Ged Rathbone and Craig Cook following earlier incidents. Or can it just be "put behind us"?

• Like 2

There were 5 riders missing on Sunday...... has he been made the scapegoat ?

Don't disagree with the ban as non attendance at individual Championships is getting a pain in the neck.

They were on standard money of £ 10 per point and £10 per start as far as I am aware.

What about the other 4 ?

• Like 1

So Jake Knight has been banned for giving an acceptable reason. Ridiculous. Mind you, JPB was banned earlier this year for being honest.

There were 5 riders missing on Sunday...... has he been made the scapegoat ?

What about the other 4 ?

Precisely. Just when you thought speedway couldn't possibly get more stupid....

So Jake Knight has been banned for giving an acceptable reason. Ridiculous. Mind you, JPB was banned earlier this year for being honest.

Precisely. Just when you thought speedway couldn't possibly get more stupid....

:shock: :shock: You thought THAT!!! :shock: :shock:

For goodness sake. Make the punishment fit the crime and be consistent. The lad didn't pull a sicky or breakdown on the motorway or get money to be somewhere else. He owned up and said he was left without suitable equipment after riding on Saturday evening. Does anyone, knowing how much it costs to put even a "standard" bike on track, think that this is so surprising? Such treatment is likely to push struggling youngsters out of the sport altogether.

• Like 7

:shock: :shock: You thought THAT!!! :shock: :shock:

Well, yes. Considering this we have had (in no particular order) the Championship Fours, Kings Lynn, the Jack Holder affair, Paul Hurry's NL average, Harland Cook's NL average, Isle of Wight being shafted right, left and centre, JPB's ban, Josh Auty's 'retirement', Lakeside just being allowed not to contest a cup tie and possibly a couple of other incidents I have forgotten about, wouldn't you think that's enough incident for one year?

It's said that speedway in Britain needs an independent adjudicator. Yes, it almost certainly does, but given that catalogue of cock ups I've mentioned above, just who on earth is a big enough masochist to take it all on?

Edited to add: A fair number of matches in all three leagues becoming guest and R/R city due to the ludicrous double/triple up/down scenario allowed by the sport's administrators.

Edited by Leicester Hunter
  • Like 1

For goodness sake. Make the punishment fit the crime and be consistent. The lad didn't pull a sicky or breakdown on the motorway or get money to be somewhere else. He owned up and said he was left without suitable equipment after riding on Saturday evening. Does anyone, knowing how much it costs to put even a "standard" bike on track, think that this is so surprising? Such treatment is likely to push struggling youngsters out of the sport altogether.

I don't think he's quite a 'struggling youngster' he was a PL rider several years ago.

Who has issued the ban? The SCB, BSPA or Eastbourne?

I don't think he's quite a 'struggling youngster' he was a PL rider several years ago.

I think you will find that Jake, like most in the NL, end up paying out more than they earn to ride in the NL. Eastbourne fans who read the programme will know this because of what riders say when they are interviewed for articles.

Who has issued the ban? The SCB, BSPA or Eastbourne?

SCB