British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Peterborough 30/09/17 7:00pm Champ

Well done Peterborough on the win too much strength in depth for Worky some good races on a cold night, not helped by many re runs and falls.

Thought James Sarjent was hard done by the ref when excluded for being the cause of the crash in ht 2, just hard riding and cannot see how the ref could see the incicdent?

Good win for Matt over Harris.

great choice in charlie boy @ 1 for peterborough . rides workington really well .

But not tonight apparently, RR would have been better.

BWD riding himself out the team. Again, 1 and 2 poor

i watched bwd on bt sports monday and he was fantastic

just shows how competative this league is compared to the socalled top flight when he was so far at the back at workington

some good racing tonight once again spoiled by jim mcgregors constant pulling heats back and phone calls to the c.o.c

once the meeting got going it was good entertainment on a chilly night in west cumbria

will next weeks meeting be the last ever speedway meeting in cumbria

lets hope not but for it to continue the crowds need to improve next year if they run

• Like 1

Well done Peterborough on the win too much strength in depth for Worky some good races on a cold night, not helped by many re runs and falls.

Thought James Sarjent was hard done by the ref when excluded for being the cause of the crash in ht 2, just hard riding and cannot see how the ref could see the incicdent?

Good win for Matt over Harris.

Hoggy told me there was no contact and Bacon simply lost it when Sarjeant passed him. To be fair to the referee, at the time I thought his decision was correct.

Cracking meeting :approve: , with Cook's ride off 15 metres being the highlight.

Big shout for Sarjeant. He was bloody awful the last time I saw him against Edinburgh and deserved the flak he got from home supporters. Even though he had a tapes offence last night, he still bust a gut in every race and that's what people want - a fact that was reflected in the reaction he got from the stand after he had fallen in heat 11.

• Like 3

I am sure people will come back with a full team to watch, the rule book has done more harm to us than anyother team this season once shuttleworth went we were on a downer unable to replace him and riders used were just not anywhere near the standard needed.as been mentioned loads of times the music between heats is terrible i went to belle vue on fri night what a diffrence some modern music makes to the crowd and the atmosphere.as for last night a couple of poor decisions from the scots wonder boy didnt do us any favours but the racing was good and cockie ride from 15 mts if on tv would have had the boys screaming,roll on next year wed nights would suit me better.

a good post . no music = death of the entertainment product . suffered that for the last few years .

but as mentioned , craig was brill once again , as was matt. cant fault that guy .

the whole team did a decent job, apart from ( you know who )

but entertained on a cool night , racing was good , hoggy was masterful again on the mic, . i thought when sarj came out in heat one and put up a good ride , he had turned the . corner . but it was not to be . , same old, same old .

a good post . no music = death of the entertainment product . suffered that for the last few years .

but as mentioned , craig was brill once again , as was matt. cant fault that guy .

the whole team did a decent job, apart from ( you know who )

but entertained on a cool night , racing was good , hoggy was masterful again on the mic, . i thought when sarj came out in heat one and put up a good ride , he had turned the . corner . but it was not to be . , same old, same old .

He's one of the best at the job. Close call between him and Michael Max to who is the best in my opinion.

Hopefully next weeks visit by me won't be the last.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

Hoggy is superb at his job and travels a long way each week to entertain us , nice to see tony mole back at derwent park had a word with him outside which will stay private on his thoughts on our future would have been nice to have had on centre green to be interviewed missed a trick on that one .

Apart from him going through the tapes in heat 2 I don't see how you can criticise Sarj on last nights performance - even then he should have finished second when off 15m, as I don't believe he was at fault for Bacons spill. As Halifaxtiger stated, he gave 100% in each race, as did all the Comets, it was just that the Panthers were overall that bit stronger and it is difficult when we are one heat leader short.

I think you should let it lie Jenga.

Just one final point.

I wonder where all those saying that rider replacement should be at No 2 are hiding ?

Apart from him going through the tapes in heat 2 I don't see how you can criticise Sarj on last nights performance - even then he should have finished second when off 15m, as I don't believe he was at fault for Bacons spill. As Halifaxtiger stated, he gave 100% in each race, as did all the Comets, it was just that the Panthers were overall that bit stronger and it is difficult when we are one heat leader short.

I think you should let it lie Jenga.

unfortuanatly its just a fans thing with me when it comes to riders ,riding better as a guest than for their own team .

i had a talk with a few people that dont go on these sites and they all came back with the same opinion as me and a few others on here about james,s comments and attitude towards the fans of workington speedway .

Just one final point.

I wonder where all those saying that rider replacement should be at No 2 are hiding ?

err , dunno .

Just one final point.

cant ever remember anyone say r/r should be at 2

matt wiliamson should have been at 2 for months with mason at 3 or 4

whats pritty obvious is mason at 3 and matt at 4 is not good as mason seams to think matt is riding for a different team

• Like 1

cant ever remember anyone say r/r should be at 2

matt wiliamson should have been at 2 for months with mason at 3 or 4

whats pritty obvious is mason at 3 and matt at 4 is not good as mason seams to think matt is riding for a different team

Yes,I thought that in one race Compton almost took his front wheel,with one of his inside swoops