British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Meetings 2017/2018

Hopefully the British boys will be there as well

Who'll be the British boys this season ? - and is there any change by the ACU as to nominating for the WMs ?

Who'll be the British boys this season ? - and is there any change by the ACU as to nominating for the WMs ?

I was speaking to Roger Newton at Buxton before the end of the speedway season. Provisionally he intends to go to practice in Sweden, however this all depends on some family matters, which could change his plans.

I believe Rob Irvine will be riding again, although I haven't spoken to him for a while. He rode in Switzerland and at Heerenveen last season.

As for anyone else, its a case of wait and see. If a couple of the ex-motocross lads who have dabbled in speedway had a go, I think they may do well, as many of the Russians are motocrossers during the summer. It would be interesting to see them have a crack on the ice. I did jokingly say to Aiden Collins he should have a go on the Ice. He'd love to have a try, but the cost puts him, and I suspect a lot of potential riders, off.

As for your other question, I don't have any information about that.

The Heerenveem ICE GP tickets are now on sale I accessed via www.ijs-assen speedway web page. A lot easier to get than Inzell tickets.

Its tells you something about Global Warming when even the Russians are having mild weather in November but they have had to put December's fixtures back a week so they can try to build the tracks.

Training will start on 4th December to 13th December, at Kumertau

The first Round of the Super League will be at Kamensk Ural 16-17.12.17

Russian Championship Semi Finals at Shadrinsk, Ufa and Neftekamsk are 23-24.12.17

Russian Championship Final 1 at Togliatti is now 29-30.12.17

The FIM Dates are confirmed:

13 January FIM Ice Speedway Gladiators Qualifying Round 1 Ylitornio Finland
13 January FIM Ice Speedway Gladiators Qualifying Round 2 Örnsköldvsik Sweden
FIM Ice Speedway Gladiators World Championship
03-04 February FIM Ice Speedway Gladiators Final 1 Astana, Kazakhstan
17-18 February FIM Ice Speedway Gladiators Final 2 Togliatti, Russia
03-04 March FIM Ice Speedway Gladiators Final 3 Berlin, Germany
17-18 March FIM Ice Speedway Gladiators Final 4 Inzell, Germany
07-08 April FIM Ice Speedway Gladiators Final 5 Heerenveen, Netherlands
FIM Team Ice Speedway Gladiators World Championship
10-11 February FIM Team Ice Speedway Gladiators Shadrinsk, Russia

Have seen pics and videos of riders training in Kamensk in the past few days,so it is happening.Eduard Krysov for instance

Also saw a photo of Jouni Seppänens garden a few weeks ago and there was plenty of snow there :P

Have seen pics and videos of riders training in Kamensk in the past few days,so it is happening.Eduard Krysov for instance

Also saw a photo of Jouni Seppänens garden a few weeks ago and there was plenty of snow there :P

It was there for a day. Kids had fun for two before it all went black again. Similar stint expected next weekend.
  • Like 1

It was there for a day. Kids had fun for two before it all went black again. Similar stint expected next weekend.

We have snow expected everywhere in the next few days,even in the low areas.In the mountains we have had snow for a few weeks,but it is expected to be good for winter sports at the weekend

Just seen that Tobi Busch is off to Russia,so he must have a 'safe' destination to train or he is going to be driving all that way for nothing

Edited by iris123

How you write the host of the EC final weekend??? Viatksy Poljany RU or what???

Vyatskiye Polyany :P

Thanks. Nice little town out there... and the probable host of the EC final in Feb.

Here are Swedish Isracingserien dates https://ta.svemo.se/Public/Pages/Serie/Audience/AudienceStatistics.aspx?SerieId=1058 . My guess is that the meeting scheduled for 27th of July is actually January of that same year. If I'm correct, then sportowefakty has/had it wrong.

EDIT: the swedish sr is online at fimlive

Edited by f-s-p

See Dmitri Khomisevitch is training in Kamensk as well.Charly Ebner jr is also in his way and Franky Zorn is setting off for Sweden to train

Just seen that Luca Bauer is going to be riding with an Italian licence this season!!! Trouble with the German federation.Just like his father then? :P

Seems the trouble stems from last year when he wasn't nominated for the EM after being the only german rider to compete the year before.

The german nominations for the word championship quails are

Ylitornio

Niedermaier,Busch and Pletschacher

Örnsköldsvik

G.Bauer and Hans Weber

Edited by iris123

Rumour has it that Tani is out for the season after a crash in practise.  Not good, hoped he could have a strong season and pick up some drive.