Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Meetings 2017/2018

5 hours ago, iris123 said:

Bauer has pulled out of both the German Championship as well as the weekends GPs because of a foot injury/infection.Svensson takes his place at the weekend

Pity that he is out, love him or loathe him, Bauer is Box Office in Germany, and puts bums on seats. He rode through the pain barrier a couple of years ago after an crash in Assen, to ride in Inzell, so for him to pull out he must be bad. I hope he's back for the Inzell round though.

Well hopefully heading out from Leeds Bradford Airport tomorrow for our first taste of live ice speedway. Desperately hope its not the British weather that messes up our plans. 

We are in Berlin until Monday evening so hoping for 2 great meetings and a bit of sight seeing along the way. Tickets booked for curve 1. Anyone on here know if you can gain access to the pits area before racing to get up close to the bikes ? I race the shale version but would love to get up close to these beasts.

cheers

Gavin

11 minutes ago, BuxtonTiger said:

Turn one, good viewing but there is no pit access. The wife will have a BV hat on. Only forcast minus ten today!

How close can you get to the pits before racing / warm up starts ? Would just like to see what the bikes are like up close. Cold temperatures we can dress for, planes not getting us there we cant do much about lol. Fingers firmly crossed and hopefully see you on curve 1

When we were here two years ago we could find no way into the pits. Even on the thursday, if Conkers reads this he may be able to provide more. It is so cold here that we are ticking off a couple of breweries tonight rather than the ice racing. 

Friday afternoon used to be ok to get into the pits for the GP riders practice.If you just want to get a look at the bikes and riders it is ok,but it all used to take a bit of time for the riders to get out on the track.Never started on time

Just seen this

Freitag, 2.3.
Training ab 13h

Samstag, 3.3.
Stadionöffnung 14h
Bis 15:30h Fahrerlageröffnung ,which means the pits are open from 14-15:30
17h Rennbeginn

Sonntag, 4.3.
Stadionöffnung 11h
Bis 12:30h Fahrerlageröffnung ,which means the pits are open from 11:00-12:30!!
Rennbeginn 14h

Edited by iris123

GERMAN CHAMPIONSHIP, BERLIN, THURSDAY, MARCH 1

RESULT: (Germany unless stated)
Max Niedermaier 15, 
Johann Weber 14, 
Stefan Pletschacher 13, 
Manfred Seifter (Austria) 12, 
Tobias Busch 10, 
Simon Reitsma (Netherlands) 9, 
Marc Geyer 9, 
Luca Bauer 8, 
Sebastian Gegenbauer 7, 
Christoph Kirchner 6, 
Reinhard Greisel 5, 
Bart Schaap (Netherlands) 4, 
Jimmy Tuinstra (Netherlands) 3, 
Mami Systa 2, 
Andrew Bartlett (Australia) 2, 
Franz Mayerbuchler 1

13 hours ago, Parsy29 said:

Anyone on here know if you can gain access to the pits area before racing to get up close to the bikes ?

Sadly, the pits are in such a position that you can't get into them. Even the press struggle to get in after the meeting, and access pre-meeting is pretty strict. 

If you are on Kurve 1, then look out for a bespectacled rotund chap in a parka with a small camera bag on his back which will be me. Please say hello.

Edited by Conkers
Typing error.Again.

LUKOIL FIM ICE SPEEDWAY GLADIATORS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
EVENT 3, BERLIN-WILMERSDORF, GERMANY SATURDAY & SUNDAY, MARCH 3/4

SATURDAY FINAL 5
Dmitri Koltakov (Russia) 21 (15+3+3), 
Dmitri Khomitsevich (Russia) 18 (14+2+2), 
Martin Haarahiltunen (Sweden) 11 (8+2+1), 
Danil Ivanov (Russia) 16 (13+3+0), 
Niclas Svensson (Sweden) 10 (9+1), 
Harald Simon 10 (9+1), 
Franz Zorn (Austria) 11 (11+0), 
Sergei Karachintsev (Russia) 7 (7+ns), 
Jan Klatovsky (Czech Rep.) 7,
 Stefan Svensson (Sweden) 6, 
Johann Weber (Germany) 5, 
Max Niedermaier (Germany) 4, 
Dinar Valeev (Russia) 4, 
Jimmy Olsen (Sweden) 3, 
Jasper Iwema (Netherlands) 3, 
Ove Ledstrom (Sweden) 2

Semi Final 1: Koltakov, Haarahiltunen, N. Svensson, Zorn
Semi Final 2: Ivanov, Khomitsevich, Simon, Karachintsev (NS)
Final: Koltakov, Khomitsevich, Haarahiltunen, Ivanov

Koltakov is running away with this championship, and he's 21 points clear of Ivanov in second place. There are 105 points in five rounds to go, but Dimon could have this series all wrapped up at Inzell. Final 6 later today, and apologies for not posting these last night, but after a four hour marathon in the cold, I edited pics and went to bed!

LUKOIL FIM ICE SPEEDWAY GLADIATORS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
EVENT 3, BERLIN-WILMERSDORF, GERMANY SATURDAY & SUNDAY, MARCH 3/4

SUNDAY FINAL 6
Koltakov 21 (15+3+3), 
Valeev 15 (11+2+2), 
Khomitsevich 14 (11+2+1), 
Ivanov 17 (14+3+0), 
Klatovsky 9 (8+1), 
Zorn 8 (7+1), 
Haarahiltunen 13 (13+f), 
Simon 10 (10+0), 
S. Svensson 7, 
Olsen 6, 
Iwema 4, 
Weber 4, 
N. Svensson 4, 
Niedermaier 3, 
Karachintsev 2, 
Tobias Busch (Germany - Res) 1, 
Ledstrom 0, 
Stefan Pletschacher (Germany - Res) 0

Semi Final 1: Koltakov, Valeev, Klatovsky, Simon
Semi Final 2: Ivanov, Khomitsevich, Zorn, Haarahiltunen (f)
Final: Koltakov, Valeev, Khomitsevich, Ivanov

OVERALL (* = Wildcard)
Koltakov 122, 
Ivanov 97, 
Khomitsevich 92, 
Haarahiltunen 68, 
Karachintsev 68, 
Simon 46, 
Valeev 40, 
Zorn 40, 
N. Svensson 35, 
Klatovsky 31, 
Olsen 30, 
Kononov* 22, 
Weber 20, 
S.Svensson 19, 
Shishegov* 17, 
Iwema 12, 
Ebner 10, 
Bauer 10, 
Niedermaier* 7

By my reckoning, there are a maximum of 84 points on offer for the last six rounds. Koltakov has 122 and is 35 points clear of Ivanov. He needs 28 points from Inzell to put him beyond reach. He could be World Champion as early as his third heat on Sunday 18th March. He has only dropped four points so far and has 4 maximums in six rounds. Watching him in Berlin over the weekend he was in immaculate form. 

15 hours ago, Conkers said:

By my reckoning, there are a maximum of 84 points on offer for the last six rounds. Koltakov has 122 and is 35 points clear of Ivanov. He needs 28 points from Inzell to put him beyond reach. He could be World Champion as early as his third heat on Sunday 18th March. He has only dropped four points so far and has 4 maximums in six rounds. Watching him in Berlin over the weekend he was in immaculate form. 

Must learn to count - as someone pointed out to me he's 25 points ahead, but I still think he'll be champion in Inzell.

1 hour ago, Jacqueline said:

Some great pictures and the Saturday night under flood lights is brilliant. Looked like good crowds on both days. Thank you for sharing these. Unfortunately I was unable to make it to Berlin on this occasion and really missed the action. For those who have never been it is worth giving it a go and if you can get to one on the European meetings you will not be disappointed. I would also like to thank Conkers and Iris for always providing updates, reports photo and video etc. and other valuable information, it is greatly appreciated and the best reporting you can get.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Conkers said:

Must learn to count - as someone pointed out to me he's 25 points ahead, but I still think he'll be champion in Inzell.

Last weekend, he scored a maximum of 42 points, and outscored Ivanov by 9 points over the weekend.  If the same was repeated at Inzell, the gap would be 34 points with one weekend to go.  So it's more likely for Koltakov to retain his title on the opening day at Heerenveen.

See you in Holland, Conkers?

9 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Last weekend, he scored a maximum of 42 points, and outscored Ivanov by 9 points over the weekend.  If the same was repeated at Inzell, the gap would be 34 points with one weekend to go.  So it's more likely for Koltakov to retain his title on the opening day at Heerenveen.

See you in Holland, Conkers?

I'll be in Heerenveen Rob.

Watching Ivanov he appears to have gone off the boil a little. Dima Khomitsevich was a little more aggressive than usual, especially when he barged Haarahiltunen out of the way in Sunday's semi. Haarahiltunen is still a spoiler, and has challenged the Russians on more than one occasion. Reading the Russian Forum, they do like him as he's not afraid to mix it.

I'll probably have to revise my opinion after Inzell, but there are 42 points available, and Dimon is 25 ahead. Dimon could leave Inzell on 164 points. Assuming Ivanov scores 38 (19 each day) he will be on 135. But I don't think he will, so the title is now Koltakov's to lose. 

Pletschacher is the Inzell Wild Card (as predicted by Jesper), and if anyone is going, I'll see you there.