British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Meetings 2017/2018

Great weekend and loved my first ice speedway experience. Guess the only downside is the 20 minute delay after every 4 races for the work on the track. On Saturday night the temperature was so cold it certainly started to get through the 5 layers towards the end. I know this has to be done to allow the riders a safe surface to race on I would just of hoped they could maybe have more machines to get the job done quicker.

Wont be my last ice speedway experience thats for sure.

• Like 2

Nice to hear that Conkers will be in Heerenveen in April. Does anyone know how long it`ll take to get from the Amsterdam Airport to train terminal which I believe is all part of the Airport complex. My Bristol flight arrives at 9-20am on the friday & there is a train at 10-30am. Has anyone done this & can give me any heads-up information. There is another train at 11am but there is a change at Zwolle.

Also, going to Inzell. Great stadium. Will be sat by start behing Union Jack. Please come & say hi (Conkers) if you have time. Again flying to Salzburg on friday morning then (hopefully) a bus to Inzell. Or taxi if bus doesn`t work out. Worked last year though.

Koltakov has first in the bag hoping for  a fight out for 2nd between the Russians.

Glad to hear that Parsy29 had a nice time in Berlin. Hoping that`ll be me in 2019.

There were a couple of live periscope transmissions one from the start-line & one from turn 1 from Berlin which was nice & last year someone did a periscope live from Inzell & Heerenveen so maybe worth looking out for,

My mate is doing these periscope streams, we will be in Inzell and Heerenveen as well :) 

Keep a look at at Baansportfansite.nl :)

1 hour ago, steve69 said:

Nice to hear that Conkers will be in Heerenveen in April. Does anyone know how long it`ll take to get from the Amsterdam Airport to train terminal which I believe is all part of the Airport complex. My Bristol flight arrives at 9-20am on the friday & there is a train at 10-30am. Has anyone done this & can give me any heads-up information. There is another train at 11am but there is a change at Zwolle.

Also, going to Inzell. Great stadium. Will be sat by start behing Union Jack. Please come & say hi (Conkers) if you have time. Again flying to Salzburg on friday morning then (hopefully) a bus to Inzell. Or taxi if bus doesn`t work out. Worked last year though.

Koltakov has first in the bag hoping for  a fight out for 2nd between the Russians.

Glad to hear that Parsy29 had a nice time in Berlin. Hoping that`ll be me in 2019.

There were a couple of live periscope transmissions one from the start-line & one from turn 1 from Berlin which was nice & last year someone did a periscope live from Inzell & Heerenveen so maybe worth looking out for,

Steve, As you leave the arrivals hall at Schipol, the train station is signposted, should take you less than 5 minutes to get from the exit to arrivals to the ticket office. Then walk down the ramps as the platforms are underneath the Airport. I did look at a train to Heerenveen last year, but as my flight home is on a Sunday, I opted to hire a car. (Ended up with a Kia Picanto, which was basically a petrol driven lawnmower with a radio! Hopefully Sixt will give me a slightly better car this year!)

Yes I'll look out for you in Inzell again, Steve, and will endevour to have a chat. I'll look out for you in the scrum at the presentation too.

Glad to hear Parsy enjoyed the Berlin meeting, and it was a bit parky to say the least. My 70-200 Zoom lens zoom ring started to freeze up in the cold, and that was despite holding a hand warmer on the lens in my glove. 

Maybe you should skip the hand warmer then, Ian, or go Canon! B) 

U should just allow the lens to get to the temp it is outside. Then when you done for the day, put it in a plastic bag, seal it (if you have those moisture peas in a bag, put some in) and let it become room temp again. Going back and forth cold and warm creates moisture and makes the lens freeze. I know, it’s a choice between freezing your nuts or lens. Dutch people apparently can do both! :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Icicle said:

Happy Birthday Posa! 70 years young!

Many happy returns, - Top man.

MRF Cup, Yugorsk, Russia Saturday & Sunday March 10/11

Saturday Result:

Nikita Shadrin 15
Vladimir Bobin 13
Andrei Shishegov 13
Evgeni Sharov 11
Herman Hanmurzin 11
Rustam Akumbaev 10
Vladimir Cheblakov 9
Dmitri Borodin 8
Anton Sozykin 6
Evgeni Vakushin 5
Elisey Vadrin 5
Denis Slepuchin 4
Artem Afanasyev 3
Pavel Nekrasov 2
Nikita Panov 2
Dmitri Zverev 0 

The YouTube feed was really good today and they intend to show it again in the morning from 8am UK Time. Worth watching as some of the riders are a bit wild!

Edited by Conkers
Corrections

2 hours ago, Conkers said:

MRF Cup, Yugorsk, Russia Saturday & Sunday March 10/11

Saturday Result:

Evgeni Kakushin 5
Elisha Vadrin 5
Nikita Panpv 2
Dmitri Zverov 0 

The YouTube feed was really good today and they intend to show it again in the morning from 8am UK Time. Worth watching as some of the riders are a bit wild!

Please be informed about some mistakes: 1). Kakushin - Vakushin; 2). Elisha Vadrin - Elisey Vydrin (name pronounced like second part of Champs-Élysées) ; 4). Panpv - Panov; 5). Zverov - Zverev (namesake of german tennis-player). 

Nikita Shadrin 29 (15+14)
Andrei Shishegov 26 (13+13)
Evgeni Sharov 25 (11+14)
Vladimir Bobin 24 (13+11)
Herman Hanmurzin 22 (11+11)
Rustam Akumbaev 20 (10+10)
Vladimir Cheblakov 15 (9+6)
Anton Sozykin 13 (6+7)
Dmitri Borodin 13 (8+5)
Evgeni Vakushin 12 (5+7)
Elisey Vadrin 9 (5+4)
Pavel Nekrasov 7 (2+5)
Artem Afanasyev 7 (3+4)
Denis Slepuchin 6 (4+2)
Nikita Panov 3 (2+1)
Dmitri Zverev 0 (0+nr) 

On 10/03/2018 at 4:28 PM, windir6 said:

Please be informed about some mistakes: 1). Kakushin - Vakushin; 2). Elisha Vadrin - Elisey Vydrin (name pronounced like second part of Champs-Élysées) ; 4). Panpv - Panov; 5). Zverov - Zverev (namesake of german tennis-player). 

Thanks for that, I've corrected them in my original post.  1) 2) and 5) were my spell check correcting them for previously used names, 4) was a typing error.

Just out of interest, what happened to 3) ? 

Nordic Final, Varkaus, Finland, 10.2.2018

1. Martin Haarahiltunen, SWE, 15,  - , +3
2. Niclas Svensson, SWE, 10 + 3 +2
3. Stefan Svensson, SWE, 14, - , +1
4. Jonas Andersson, SWE, 10 +2 +0
5 .Mikael Flodin, SWE, 10 +1
6. Timo Kankkunen, FIN, 11 +NS(inj'd)

http://www.speedwaychampions.com/ice-champions.php

Edited by britmet

Funny thing that the ice racing nordics has been cancelled 3 times in Övik of all places!

Edited by f-s-p