British Speedway Forum
Hawk127

Ice Speedway Meetings 2017/2018

World championship qualu Ylitornio,Finland 13th January

Same date for the other quali in Sweden.

Edited by f-s-p

See talk of Austria entering a team in the Russian Super League!!!!

Seems like the Austria team is now a Europe team!! Looks like they never asked Manny Seifter or he at least never said yes.So he is now replaced by German Hans Weber alongside Austrians Harald Simon,Josef Kreuzberger and Charly Ebner.Not sure if that is Ebner jr or snr,but imagine junior

Seems like the Austria team is now a Europe team!! Looks like they never asked Manny Seifter or he at least never said yes.So he is now replaced by German Hans Weber alongside Austrians Harald Simon,Josef Kreuzberger and Charly Ebner.Not sure if that is Ebner jr or snr,but imagine junior

Has Franky Zorn retired ?

Don't think so.Probably not interested.He doesn't over the years seem overly keen on trips to Russia unless necessary

• Like 1

Junior for sure.

• Like 1

Don't think so.Probably not interested.He doesn't over the years seem overly keen on trips to Russia unless necessary

Thanks for the Info

Remember reading maybe a decade ago that there was some problem.Not sure if he wasn't that liked in Russia.Long time ago,so can't remember the details now and the problem might have been Franky's rather than the Russians,but he always seems to go to Sweden to train rather than Russia

• Like 1

Tickets for Inzell secured. Does anyone know when the Heerenveen tickets will be released? It`ll be my first trip to this venue. Any advise on getting from Amsterdam airport to Heerenveen. Am flying in on the friday morning?

Keep an eye on the website http://www.ijsspeedway-assen.nl/en/ as the tickets can be bought there. Not available yet though.

I ended up hiring a car last year to get to/from Heerenveen. When they staged meetings at Assen, it was easy to get the train to Schipol in time to check in for my flight, but the Sunday train from Heerenveen didn't get me to Schipol in time to catch my flight home. If you are staying until Monday however, the Train is the cheapest option.

Remember reading maybe a decade ago that there was some problem.Not sure if he wasn't that liked in Russia.Long time ago,so can't remember the details now and the problem might have been Franky's rather than the Russians,but he always seems to go to Sweden to train rather than Russia

There was a thread on the Russian Forum last year, where there were some fans who wanted Franky to ride in Russia, in the Russian League. Whilet they want the Russians to win, there is a growing number who think encouraging western riders to race in domestic fixtures can only be good for the sport.

On other matters, Doug, are we going to be able to have that pint next season? I'm at Berlin Inzell and Heerenveen.

On other matters, Doug, are we going to be able to have that pint next season? I'm at Berlin Inzell and Heerenveen.

Going to be a short notice thing,in that i hope i have done enough(too much)work and they say i have to have a couple of weeks off before the start of the new work year.i.e April.Could be Berlin as my girlfriends niece has just moved back or Heerenveen as i could persuade her to have a trip to Cheese and pushbike land,but won't be Inzell :t::drink:

Come to Heerenveen, best place on the calendar :)

Must say we had a wonderful time at Assen.I enjoyed the ice speedway and my girlfriend enjoyed the shops.I enjoyed meeting Ian in Groningen and my girlfriend enjoyed the shops :rofl: But the weather was wonderful and some of the scenery like the little fortress town near the German border ,which we were lucky to visit when they had a little festival was great :t:

Edited by iris123

Weissenbach in Austria are hoping to run a meeting on 06.01.2018 weather permitting

Whilst not very high up in the rankings the Swiss Chamiponships and Open Individual Meeting are scheduled for 20th and 21st January at Champex Lac subject to the lake freezing sufficiently to support a track. Back up dates are 10 and 11 February. Looks to be a very picturesque venue.

Whilst not very high up in the rankings the Swiss Chamiponships and Open Individual Meeting are scheduled for 20th and 21st January at Champex Lac subject to the lake freezing sufficiently to support a track. Back up dates are 10 and 11 February. Looks to be a very picturesque venue.

Hopefully the British boys will be there as well