British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Sheffield Po Final 2nd Leg 30-9-17

Very well done to Sheffield, have to say a big well done to our boys too, theyve battled all year and wevehad zero luck with injuries all year from day one! Easy to forget we never actually fielded our original 7 riders in a single meeting!

Ive said earlier in the season and Ill say it again I hope the top flight goes to a single race night and I hope Ipswich return to the top flight next year, the race track has produced great racing in heats 13 & 15 all year and the overall entertainement would be best served at a higher level

Edited by 89buttons

Currently on my way home from Ipswich, what a night!!!!

To win the tie over 2 legs on aggregate and win at Ipswich showed we were the best team and are true champions. So proud, Josh Bates is some rider absolutely fantastic tonight.

Only negative I can take from the meeting was the Ipswich fans booing Scott Nicholls, which I found absolutely disgraceful. He was there to do a job and earn a living and he did a brilliant one. Thanks to him for stepping in at last minute to guest for Grajczonek who has been the best rider in the league all season long.

Now let's get the pairs and KOC won then get promotion!!!!😁😁😁😁

UP THE TIGERS!!!!!

• Like 2

Currently on my way home from Ipswich, what a night!!!!

To win the tie over 2 legs on aggregate and win at Ipswich showed we were the best team and are true champions. So proud, Josh Bates is some rider absolutely fantastic tonight.

Only negative I can take from the meeting was the Ipswich fans booing Scott Nicholls, which I found absolutely disgraceful. He was there to do a job and earn a living and he did a brilliant one. Thanks to him for stepping in at last minute to guest for Grajczonek who has been the best rider in the league all season long.

Now let's get the pairs and KOC won then get promotion!!!!

UP THE TIGERS!!!!!

They only booed NIcholls because he squeezed Greaves into the fence in heat 1 and should have been excluded. But at the end of the day, the best side won. Congratulations to the Tigers.

Edited by ipswichwitches
  • Like 2

I think heat 8 was the beginning of the end for us . Witches on a 4-2 before it goes horribly wrong as Kyle locks up and Graversen had No Where to go and they both go down before poor Nathan can't avoid Kyle and it's one big tangle of bikes and bodies.

So happy to see all 3 walk away as was an awful crash , that seemed to knock any momentum we had and we never recovered.

Tigers were a big improvement on their last couple of visits and really up for it tonight .

The pantomime villain played his part as well , overall an enjoyable night with the MASSIF in the stands just not the result we wanted.

Congratulations again Sheffield Tigers worthy winners on the night and over the two legs .

• Like 1

I rightly booed Scott for taking Nathan off in heat 1. Speedway bikes are only supposed to turn left not right. Thankfully Nathan was able to continue but still not a good move by Scott. In his last 3 heats he show what a good rider and guest he can be.

• Like 2

Only negative I can take from the meeting was the Ipswich fans booing Scott Nicholls, which I found absolutely disgraceful. He was there to do a job and earn a living and he did a brilliant one.

I think many Ipswich fans felt a bit let down by Scott accepting the booking.

But professional sport isnt about sentiment and he was the right choice for the Tigers and it was right for him to ride.

There were very few initial boos bar a few pantomime efforts BUT that changed BIG TIME when he pulled off a shocking move to fence Nathan down the back straight in heat 1 😲

It was uncalled for and was the catalyst for the reaction through the rest of the night.

I actually think Scott loved it and thrived on it because he is a whole hearted character who wants to win.

It certainly ramped up the atmosphere and added to the night. Speedway needs more of this needle in many way.

• Like 3

If nicholls had took greaves off he would have been excluded for it, it was bang infront of me and nicholls had passed him on the straight and greaves turned left onto nicholls back wheel resulting in him falling off on his own accord. Correct decision for him to be excluded.

• Like 1

If nicholls had took greaves off he would have been excluded for it, it was bang infront of me and nicholls had passed him on the straight and greaves turned left onto nicholls back wheel resulting in him falling off on his own accord. Correct decision for him to be excluded.

you need to change your name to Mr Magoo 😛

Very well done to Sheffield, have to say a big well done to our boys too, theyve battled all year and wevehad zero luck with injuries all year from day one! Easy to forget we never actually fielded our original 7 riders in a single meeting!

Ive said earlier in the season and Ill say it again I hope the top flight goes to a single race night and I hope Ipswich return to the top flight next year, the race track has produced great racing in heats 13 & 15 all year and the overall entertainement would be best served at a higher level

As for me, I found the racing pretty boring and mundane and even stopped going for a fair chunk of the season. Tonight though the racing okay.

Looks like we'll have to agree to differ. It happened right in front of me too. Greaves was round the outside by the fence, Nichols came from the inside and squeezed Greaves just before halfway down the back straight causing him to hit the fence and eventually fall near the entrance to the 3rd bend.

I've got no problem with Nicholls guesting (haven't worked out how yet) and he did a good job, but he was definitely at fault in heat one.

• Like 1

If you were among the Sheffield fans then correct Nicholas was ahead by that point, but prior to that Scotty turned right into greaves to squeeze him into the fence and should have been excluded, let's just say Scott used his experience there

Plus the ref couldn't see because of the position of the tractor, why he did it who knows, pretty sure Scott would have passed Nathan within the next 3 and a half laps!

Speedway certainly needs a few more pantomime villains

• Like 1

I reckon only 50 out of the 4500 crowd watching thought the ref made the right decision in heat 1 😤

• Like 1

They only booed NIcholls because he squeezed Greaves into the fence in heat 1 and should have been excluded. But at the end of the day, the best side won. Congratulations to the Tigers.

I've watched Scott Nicholls ride all his career, never yet seen him deliberately take anyone off but he's as hard as you can meet. A true competitor who wants to win every race and gives his all.

• Like 1

Congratulations to Sheffield, they were the better team. Cameron Heeps is always a joy to watch and well deserved Man Of The Match.

I also booed Scott, as he did take Nathen off, I think it was a racing incident and not dirty, but he was at fault. I do not think that the ref would of been able to see it at all because of where the tractors are parked on he centre green. I think the booing latter in he meeting was more in jest and think Scott took it in that way. I would still like to see Scott as a Witch next year.

It is what I would call a hard move, one you would put on say a Danny king or Rory schlein in a sense of saying "I'm here this is my piece of the track" but to do it in a way to a reserve who you'd expect to beat in the remaining laps was a little unnecessary

If Nathan had done it to Scott you'd have people slating him saying he shouldn't be riding speedway