British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Sheffield Po Final 2nd Leg 30-9-17

As a neutral who was in the"grandstand"

The lighting other than on the home straight was so poor it was difficult to see the incident. Doubt it would have made any difference to the result anyway. Again as a neutral my view on the meeting was boring, boring ,boring.

The lighting other than on the home straight was so poor it was difficult to see the incident. Doubt it would have made any difference to the result anyway. Again as a neutral my view on the meeting was boring, boring ,boring.

and, prey tell, why was the meeting boring, boring,boring

and, prey tell, why was the meeting boring, boring,boring

I am on my knees preying, I thought as did those with me it was boring as It

seemed to us neither team showed any real desire to win and looked as they were merely going through the motions

What did you expect?? Some races were strung out and there's always the issue of top boys way ahead of wobblers but the suspense and drama of the meeting kept me captivated. There was also a decent amount of close racing and passing - I especially liked the playing to the crowd in Ht 13 when Nicholls was passed and then got back by both King and Schlein turning his head to look at them on several occasions, a pantomime villain indeed. For Ipswich, Newman's crash ended it for them but Heeps was the star of the show. King was a bit one line only and should have done better, same with Schlein but hey, they were the league leaders for a reason. Wonder if CL has emerged from his counting house yet :P

maybe from a racing point of view the champs weren't going to take any unnecessary risks and end up on their backsides so really it was up to the witches to make a fight of it and apart from keeps who did, you were let down quite badly especially from your number 1 and 5.fair play you gave it a shot, but even i though that it would have been a lot closer.

wasn't boring from our lads point of view, would it have been double boring if in fact ipswich had won!

I found it boring others did not end of!!

Unfortunately and i really don't know why, the racing can often be a bit follow my leader at foxhall. There are some good races and some strung out ones, just compared to some tracks not enough good ones. I've also been to nearly every track and must say at some I've seen much worse.

• Like 1

I found it boring others did not end of!!

so,as a neutral, which team do you support?

Unfortunately and i really don't know why, the racing can often be a bit follow my leader at foxhall. There are some good races and some strung out ones, just compared to some tracks not enough good ones. I've also been to nearly every track and must say at some I've seen much worse.

totally agree

I think someone said weeks ago that maybe premiership racing will suit Foxhall better in terms of racing as it's only ever so slightly a higher calibre of rider in the field?

For me I'd like to see it to test that theory

To be fair, Greaves bike did hit the fence once he had gone down and done a sumersault down the straight after turning his front wheel left onto Nicholls back wheel - thus resulting in him falling off and it being his own fault, which is why he was rightfully excluded!

To be fair greaves did hit the fence after Scott took greaves front wheel away after he flicked his back wheel into greaves when he hadn't fully passed him. Just a very miss timed attempt at intimidation by Scott nothing malicious.

They must be blind and deaf then??? Well, we know the answer to that one.

Yes he'll make a good referee.

• Like 1