British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

After monday & tonight just glad, and frankly astonished, to be in it.

COYW.

• Like 2

Expecting nothing but a Swindon win, and I'm okay with that. They've put Poole out, so that is great bonus. At least we won't hear any arrogant s**t.

• Like 2

As I have just posted on the bv v Wolves thread, if Lindgren has suffered any form of concussion he will be out of both legs of the final. With no Thorsell and Lindgren Swindon just have to turn up.

So who will guest in place of Freddie if needed?

King, Harris or Nicholls?

As I have just posted on the bv v Wolves thread, if Lindgren has suffered any form of concussion he will be out of both legs of the final. With no Thorsell and Lindgren Swindon just have to turn up.

It doesn't matter, it's a Swindon win.

There is already a thread for this

There's a if, but and maybe thread Steve.

Got to be Doris out of those, or possibly Lambert?

How did Swindon do earlier in the season without Doyle and Morris? Nothing is certain.

I've seen enough Swindon disappointments in my time to know that there is no such thing as Swindon just having to turn up.

I've already got my 'Swindon were top of the league so are the real champions' posts all worked out in my head. Just in case, like.

• Like 5

How did Swindon do earlier in the season without Doyle and Morris? Nothing is certain.

I've seen enough Swindon disappointments in my time to know that there is no such thing as Swindon just having to turn up.

I've already got my 'Swindon were top of the league so are the real champions' posts all worked out in my head. Just in case, like.

Who were they against though?

Over 2 legs do you think Swindon would stand any chance without Doyle and Morris if Wolves had Lindgren and Thorssell? It's a massive massive handicap and unfortunately, if Lindgren can't ride, it will spoil what could have been a great Final.

Harris (if available) seems the most likely option to guest, at least we know he will give his all.

I'll be there on Monday but I fear that Swindon will build up an unassailable lead.

Who were they against though?

Over 2 legs do you think Swindon would stand any chance without Doyle and Morris if Wolves had Lindgren and Thorssell? It's a massive massive handicap and unfortunately, if Lindgren can't ride, it will spoil what could have been a great Final.

Harris (if available) seems the most likely option to guest, at least we know he will give his all.

I'll be there on Monday but I fear that Swindon will build up an unassailable lead.

Just being typically pessimistic. If you were a Swindon fan you'd understand why!

It's very disappointing that Wolves may be without their top two. Even if they cover the points with guest and r/r it spoils it as a spectacle.

A major flaw in the play off system really, with injuries being so common in the sport.

Hope Lindgren is ok. From what I read it sounds nasty.

Lindgren was taken to hospital with suspected neck injury, highly doubt he will be available for 1st leg on Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHRvjvdA6ic

Likely line-up for Monday

1. Jason Doyle

2. Adam Ellis or R/R

3. Tobiasz Musielak

4. David Bellego

5. Nick Morris

6. Bradley Wilson-Dean

7. Liam Carr

1. GUEST

2. Kyle Howarth

3. R/R

4. Rory Schlein

5. Sam Masters

6. Mark Riss

7. Nathan Greaves

Edited by Danny Birds Of A Feather

Not mind Swindon winning now just happy to have dumped that lot from Manchester out of the play offs.

Not over yet Freddie may ride and even if can't Harris could do a job and anything can happen in a speedway meeting

Not over yet Freddie may ride and even if can't Harris could do a job and anything can happen in a speedway meeting

No news on Freddies injury today, will know more tomorrow

No news on Freddies injury today, will know more tomorrow

Well he is probably still being assessed or just seeing how it is over the weekend. If there is any chance of riding i am sure he will.

Edited by foreverblue