British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

Awful luck for Wolves and we should win over 2 legs easily now. Freddie is irreplaceable at Monmore. Puts a bit of a dampener on it for me now but at the end of the day we were the best team over 28 matches despite our own injuries so if we do it we deserve it. If its Bomber to guest then he was very good at Blunsdon covering for Doyley so JT will prob be missed more tomo but its Wednesday where Freddie missing will hurt Wolves.

• Like 1

If he's not fit to ride he won't ride, simple as that.

amazing ..i thought if you were not fit to ride you would .

What a shame the grand final has now turned into the biggest anti climax the sport has seen since the inception of the playoffs.

• Like 2

Such a shame for Freddie - best wishes for a speedy recovery.

What a shame the grand final has now turned into the biggest anti climax the sport has seen since the inception of the playoffs.

It might be an anti climax for you but not for others - particularly Swindon and Wolves fans. Yes its a blow for Wolves but you cant write off any team in the playoffs (except Poole :wink: ) Edited by Steve0
  • Like 6

It might be an anti climax for you but not for others - particularly Swindon and Wolves fans. Yes its a blow for Wolves but you cant write off any team in the playoffs (except Poole :wink: )

yep agree if your still in it the chance is still there

ps i thought nicholls would have been a better guest than bomber on present form

Edited by ray c

I think you should be able to get any guest from any team not involved in the final, you probably would still want Harris or Nicholls but i think the rule is wrong and you should be able to have a guest for any rider that is injured then you could at least have two full teams contesting the final.

Edited by foreverblue

Not since the semi final Steve...when Ellis, Morris and then Carr took it in turns auditioning for the role of Blunsdon track inspector and the Pirates were just one behind on aggregate...

Just talk us through those last four heats again. Was that you on the back straight shouting 'come on you Pirates' after the 5-0?

How do you Poole fans see it? Was that an anti-climax or would 'bottle job' be the words I am looking for?

Edited by theblueboy

Unlucky for Wolves, especially no Freddie at Monmore, Jacob and him don't go well at The Abbey.

Swindon should win it now, but ya never know in speedway.

It might be an anti climax for you but not for others - particularly Swindon and Wolves fans. Yes its a blow for Wolves but you cant write off any team in the playoffs (except Poole :wink: )

Of course its an anti climax. One team has lost its top two riders!

You think Wolves fans don't think its an anti climax? They will be gutted they have lost Lindgren and Thorsell and they can't be covered by Harris and r/r.

Swindon fans know its in the bag, be honest. If Swindon lose this it will be the biggest choke of all time. Wolves are currently leaderless and rudderless. The Titanic ten minutes after hitting the iceburg. Still floating but sinking fast.

A real shame for the neutrals. I was looking forward to the final, and not caring in the slightest who won. Just hopefully two good and close meetings. Now that is not going to happen.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Not since the semi final Steve...when Ellis, Morris and then Carr took it in turns auditioning for the role of Blunsdon track inspector and the Pirates were just one behind on aggregate...

Just talk us through those last four heats again. Was that you on the back straight shouting 'come on you Pirates' after the 5-0?

How do you Poole fans see it? Was that an anti-climax or would 'bottle job' be the words I am looking for?

Poole folded like a pack of cards, intimidated by the Blundon Roar I reckon.

Are you this much of a dîck in real life or is it something you just save up for the internet ?

• Like 2

Unlucky for Wolves, especially no Freddie at Monmore, Jacob and him don't go well at The Abbey.

Swindon should win it now, but ya never know in speedway.

Nobody really goes that well at the Abbey to be honest. It's such a weird track these days. Rarely any decent racing and hard to see Bomber gating well enough to score many.

At Monmore however, Bomber is easily the best visiting rider and could quite easily match Lindgren's huge score.

Have to feel for Wolves though. Looks a tall order.