British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

Well done Nathan top lad.

• Like 1

Congrats to Wolves, never underestimate an under dog as we proved during the regular season. Haven't turned up when needed but I take nowt away from the wolves boys

Can we pull off a 5-1 to go into the 2nd leg only 2 down 😞

Edited by hyabb17

I have loved watching Nathans efforts for Ipswich this year.

Full of heart and tenacity and just keeps getting up and getting on with it whatever is thrown at him.

he has certainly progressed this year. Nice to see. So glad we persevered with him.

Credit to Wolves so far. Exceeding expectations.

And no t/rs. Don't think anyone saw this coming. With the exception of Ghostwalker, so fair play to him.

Incredible showing. Not sure if Wolves are massively fired up or the Robins have just not come to the party??

Expecting a Swindon 5-1 in heat 15 with Doyle and Morris. But the damage has been done.

I hope so,just to keep the tie alive.If they don't that's definitely game over for Swindon imo.

Hopefully Wolves can nick a 3-3 in Heat 15.

Not sure it matters damage has been done. Wolves would have settled for a 10 point deficit

43 47 job completely done.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the perfect definition of a choke.

The Swindon management and riders saw that Lindgren and Thorsell were missing, and like 99% of us on here and other social media, thought it would be a stroll in the park. Swindon believed all they had to do was turn up. Terrible, terrible complacency.

However, Wolves riders were fired up to furnace temperatures and just blew a pathetic Swindon effort away. Well done to them.

When Poole lost the league in 2010 we had gone off the boil just before the playoffs. Watching Swindon fail to impress last week, I thought the same. I thought Wolves would be champs until they lost their top two. But the rest are clearly fired up and I don't see Swindon getting close at Monmore.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Wow what a result! Was up by 12 at one point but you expected Morris and Doyle to click at some point. A 4pt lead is excellent.

Doyle won't fancy the difficult track at Wolves.