British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

Great effort Wolves. Didnt see that coming esp without Key riders 👏🏼

Still anybody's title imo, too close to call, Swindon could be in front after 2 heats. Roll on Wednesday.

Well done Wolves, as others have said I really enjoyed that from a neutral perspective.

• Like 1

Game over imo Doyle will not want to mix it can only see a wolves win at home

But who honestly thought wolves would have won tonight

Those who say that was a choke, don't know speedway well enough and are doing wolves a huge disservice, they were excellent

• Like 2

Poor spectacle, especially for a Grand Final. Swindon never seems to be prepared for decent racing.

10 Passes in 6 Heats, 9 Heats no passes. This is what's wrong with the sport!

• Like 1

Well that surprised me completely, a huge well done to Wolves for that. They may be a little disappointed in the end to only have a 4 point lead but I'm sure before the meeting started that wouldnt have even dreamt of that!

Important for Wolves to think about Wednesday as a normal meeting. Don't think about the aggregate as it will obviously be close early but to think that if you win on the night, that's all that matters as we win overall.

Edited by Perton Wolf
  • Like 2

Game over imo Doyle will not want to mix it can only see a wolves win at home

But who honestly thought wolves would have won tonight

Nobody. Doyle riding for himself, not his teams. Wants to be WC and who can blame him? He won't take risks.

Rosco talking the talk that it isn't over. But you can hear the disappointment in his voice.

As a neutral(yes really I am) it would be great fun for Swindon to come back and give Wolves fans a big squeaky bum.

Those who say that was a choke, don't know speedway well enough and are doing wolves a huge disservice, they were excellent

It was the biggest choke in playoff history. Swindon were virtually full strength at home. They should never have given that weak Wolves lineup a sniff. Edited by Steve Shovlar

Well done Wolves. More of the same later this week please. Not going to go overboard on here because there is a 2nd leg to go yet.

I know that Speedway can throw up surprises but was not expecting that. Well done boys. It's hard to gauge whether that was purely a fired up Wolves, an ill-prepared' complacent Swindon or the perfect balance of the two... Depending on your perspective of course

43 47 job completely done.

That, ladies and gentlemen, is the perfect definition of a choke.

The Swindon management and riders saw that Lindgren and Thorsell were missing, and like 99% of us on here and other social media, thought it would be a stroll in the park. Swindon believed all they had to do was turn up. Terrible, terrible complacency.

However, Wolves riders were fired up to furnace temperatures and just blew a pathetic Swindon effort away. Well done to them.

When Poole lost the league in 2010 we had gone off the boil just before the playoffs. Watching Swindon fail to impress last week, I thought the same. I thought Wolves would be champs until they lost their top two. But the rest are clearly fired up and I don't see Swindon getting close at Monmore.

If there was a night to justify one big league it was tonight as Wolves 6 double uppers beat Swindon's team.

Well done Wolves.

Peter Adams said Jacob T needs an operation on his back but Freddie doesn't. He needs a neck brace. Both have broken vertebra in there back. Adams said both were serious injuries that will take months not weeks to repair.