British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

Wolves top 4 all have had play off final good memories unlike Swindon's & that might be part of the reason we bottled it as couldn't handle the pressure.

The engine room of Adam, Tobi, David & BWD all would have expected to score more & it shows just how bad Poole were last week by BWD's score tonight.

Wolves 6 lower league riders rose to the occasion.

Wolves top 4 all have had play off final good memories unlike Swindon's & that might be part of the reason we bottled it as couldn't handle the pressure.

The engine room of Adam, Tobi, David & BWD all would have expected to score more & it shows just how bad Poole were last week by BWD's score tonight.

Dont tink it was Poole that were that bad BWD was much worse tonight.
  • Like 1

Nope this is much bigger, by far the better team just lost at home

Yes the team everyone wrote off at start of the season, i was shocked and happily surprised they finished top, it seems the team thought so too as since the epic 17 win run they've been poor, but you can't take any of the glory away from the wolves, a mighty effort to win back to back titles.

The Team that rode better as a TEAM on the night won.

Edited by noggin
  • Like 1

BWD gated in 4 of his 5 rides last week, rode wide and couldn't be caught. In his other he missed the gate and came last.

Tonight he just didn't gate.

Ah, the joys of supporting Swindon!

Very good from Wolves. You could see how much more determined they were, and those three 5-1s killed us off early on.

As I said earlier, remember how well Swindon rode when they had to compete without Doyle and Morris. It was the same tonight with Wolves.

Swindon didn't choke at all. This has been their standard for a few weeks now, and just looked good by having such poor semi final opponents.

• Like 1

Wolves deserved champions after that. We turned up like it was already won. Every Wolves rider bang up for it. What a let down

Ah, the joys of supporting Swindon!

Very good from Wolves. You could see how much more determined they were, and those three 5-1s killed us off early on.

As I said earlier, remember how well Swindon rode when they had to compete without Doyle and Morris. It was the same tonight with Wolves.

Swindon didn't choke at all. This has been their standard for a few weeks now, and just looked good by having such poor semi final opponents.

Don't be daft, shoveller says we choked so it must be true.........he is the lord of the forum....we should all bow to his superior knowledge of all things speedway. :t:

Yes the team everyone wrote off at start of the season, i was shocked and happily surprised they finished top, it seems the team thought so too as since the epic 17 win run they've been poor, but you can't take any of the glory away from the wolves, a mighty effort to win back to back titles.

The Team that rode better as a TEAM on the night won.

Say what you like about Adams but he is a winner, second is first loser to him.
  • Like 2

Wolves deserved champions after that. We turned up like it was already won. Every Wolves rider bang up for it. What a let down

Failure to prepare, prepare to fail, the not so mighty Rosco wasn't on it tonight, should know a wounded animal is the most dangerous, but hey there's always next season. :t:

Don't be daft, shoveller says we choked so it must be true.........he is the lord of the forum....we should all bow to his superior knowledge of all things speedway. :t:

You choked. You know it. I know it. We all know it. Wolves with that team shouldn't have got close. Swindon full of complacency.

For me, the track preparation fooled Swindon, it just had no grip while they are used to being able to put the back wheel in a bit of dirt and getting the bike to drive. That said, same for both teams and Wolves did about what I expected, came fired up and rode like a team. I didn't expect them to take a lead to Monmore, but the fact they did might just work in Swindon's favour?

I don't think the loss of Freddie and Jacob made much difference tonight, but if they were fit, it would certainly be all over now as at Monmore they are superb.

Well done Wolves on a deserved victory, let's hope we get a better race track Wednesday and may the best team win.

On a side note, saw the 'Freddie/Bjerre' crash tonight on TV and IMO Freddie was the cause of his own downfall and Bjerre was unlucky to be excluded which would have lead to a totally different result, but that said, that's just my opinion from one quick view, which is what the ref gets and he/she made a decision which stands so fair play Wolves.

Edited by 65Sarge
  • Like 1

Say what you like about Adams but he is a winner, second is first loser to him.

He is, been doing it for years, most others are novices.

BWD gated in 4 of his 5 rides last week, rode wide and couldn't be caught. In his other he missed the gate and came last.

Tonight he just didn't gate.

He did gatea couple of times but got passed, looked half the rider he was last week, i am going to blow my own teumpet again, i did say he only got 3 in his last meeting for Peterborough so not in form and Ellis was poor last week too.

You choked. You know it. I know it. We all know it. Wolves with that team shouldn't have got close. Swindon full of complacency.

I didn't say we didn't, but am also prepared to give wolves more credit for winning than just our inept performance.