British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

First of all well done wolves a well deserved win ...a number factors did not help Swindon ,the slick track no doubt fearing the rain Ellis and Dwd not being 100 % fit and a poor start to the meeting for Morris ..I thought Howarth and Masters were outstanding for Wolves with the rest giving good support .

Lucky Wolves never had there full side out :D on another note I thought ref was shocking ..letting riders on both sides get away with rollers and there is no way Morris made the 2 mins in heat 13 ..the clock had ran out when he was nowhere near the start .

Edited by orion
  • Like 2

Well done Wolves

one hand on the trophy... it is yours to lose now

The lighting was terrible on bt sport coverage tonight

Rosco will walk home tonight and kick any thats in his way, especially when he walks through his front door. Opps only themselves to blame..

Think we have seen exactly the same as in Sweden, only the underdogs got the away leg first over here.

Rosco was pretty poor on camera. Don't think he gets on well with Adams.

No matter how you look at it, Swindon choked worse than any other club in playoff history. The whole team was completely awol in the first half and they stemmed the flow with having the run of 2-4 in the middle, then in 13 and 15. 2 and 4 so much better than 1-3.

Poor meeting racing wise. 9 races settled after the second bend. The suprise of the scoreline keeping it interesting.

Can Swindon turn it around? Doubt it but you never know. Doubt Adams will allow for complacency in the ranks.

I meant I cant see both teams winning the away leg mate.

Nobody can say its home advantage that won Wolves the final just looked like they wanted it more even Harris bought in to the Wolves team spirit.

• Like 1

Rosco will walk home tonight and kick any thats in his way, especially when he walks through his front door. Opps only themselves to blame..

The horse has bolted, the ass kicking was needed 2 hours ago, if he has a cat it better make itself scarce lol.... :drink:

A wounded Robin is a dangerous animal.

Talking of dangerous, how will they cope with the most terrifying track in the world on Wednesday?

Well done to Wolves and good luck in the 2nd leg.

The horse has bolted, the ass kicking was needed 2 hours ago, if he has a cat it better make itself scarce lol.... :drink:

Rosco has seemed to have lost the passion in his talk pehaps its time for a change.. I mean, he only live just round the corner

Really, thats a new one on me..

Edited by Starman2006

First of all well done wolves a well deserved win ...a number factors did not help Swindon ,the slick track no doubt fearing the rain Ellis and Dwd not being 100 % fit and a poor start to the meeting for Morris ..I thought Howarth and Masters were outstanding for Wolves with the rest giving good support .

Lucky Wolves never had there full side out :D on another note I thought ref was shocking ..letting riders on both sides get away with rollers and there is no way Morris made the 2 mins in heat 13 ..the clock had ran out when he was nowhere near the start .

Don't they just have be on the track & not at the start now?.

• Like 2

Im hearing that Gavan has just put in for Rosco's job.. :icon_smile_clown:

Talking of dangerous, how will they cope with the most terrifying track in the world on Wednesday?

Well done to Wolves and good luck in the 2nd leg.

Even a lame wolf could see off a wounded Robin........you would think? ;)

• Like 1

What if 43-47 on Wednesday?

How will so called Golden Heats look like?

Example:

GH1 Masters and Schlein vs. Doyle and Morra and any 5-1 or 4-2 finishes it all? Only in case of a 3-3 draw another pairs are called? Which means it is sudden death formula?

Completely unexpected win, fantastic result for Wolves and the team work and camaraderie between the Wolves riders appears to be important.

However we just need to ensure that there is no complacency and we effectively start again on Wednesday as though it's 0-0.

Swindon possibly under estimated the position Wolves were in and didn't see that performance coming, let's hope Wolves don't think it's already won and do the same.

Let's hope Mr Doyle doesn't gate at Monmore and stays out of trouble 😁😁

Im hearing that Gavan has just put in for Rosco's job.. :icon_smile_clown:

As per usual,you couldn't help yourself could you.

Edited by tellboy