British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

Nope the biggest choke was your lot losing home and away to coventry..... :drink:

Nope, last night was worse than that! :D

Don't be daft, shoveller says we choked so it must be true.........he is the lord of the forum....we should all bow to his superior knowledge of all things speedway. :t:

You should have had a 13-15 point lead to take to Monmore, so yeah they definitely choked! Don't worry it happens to the best of us. However if Wolves are capable of a shock result like this then i don't see why Swindon can't do the same on Weds.

Rosco and the team were complacent he even said on tv they wernt excited but very relaxed.

Rosco was so relaxed the opening shots showed him yawning for about 30 seconds :P

I've never rated Swindon as a racing track, last night didn't change my mind. The only entertainment of any note was provided by the Wolves riders and the fact they were stuffing the Robins. So much so it rendered Pearson almost (for him) speechless :P

• Like 3

Interesting comments on the Wolves page from Rory, saying that the Swindon riders were bickering and arguing with each other, clearly all is not well there...

If that's true then they need to do some team bonding today, they will never get anywhere tomorrow if there is no team spirit.

I don't agree that anybody choked. Wolverhampton just did so much better than most expected and deserve all the credit for a remarkable performance. Swindon had one of those nights when they couldn't get their act together and Wolves kept up the pressure to make it harder for them to do so. It's sport, it happens. Suggesting Swindon choked just detracts from Wolves excellent performance.

• Like 4

depends how Doyle does this weekend ,it was obvious where his loyalty lies a couple of times last night ,

what's that got to do with the price of fish?

2nd Leg is tomorrow night. :icon_smile_clown:

depends how Doyle does this weekend ,it was obvious where his loyalty lies a couple of times last night ,

Mr Doyle will have to consult his crystal ball first then I'm thinking

One thing puzzle me is that, if Rosco is such a top manager, wouldn't you have thought he would have assured the track was to their liking. Any home advantage disappears when the track is not to your liking.....

Nothing to do with Rosco the forecast at the start of the day was for rain between 4 and 7 o'clock hence the track prep .Of course the rain never came and we ended up with a dry and slick track . Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Nothing to do with Rosco the forecast at the start of the day was for rain between 4 and 7 o'clock hence the track prep .Of course the rain never came and we ended up with a dry and slick track .

There's always an excuse when you are looking for one.. On Tatum's track inspection, he pointed out the state of the track being grippy on the inside and outside and slick in the middle. Surely Tatum wasn't the only person who checked the track out ?? .... Are you saying Rosco hadn't bothered to check because rain was forecast. Sez it all.......

• Like 1

There's always an excuse when you are looking for one.. On Tatum's track inspection, he pointed out the state of the track being grippy on the inside and outside and slick in the middle. Surely Tatum wasn't the only person who checked the track out ?? .... Are you saying Rosco hadn't bothered to check because rain was forecast. Sez it all.......

Surely you plan for all eventualities, it happens all the time in sport, fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Yet Schlein went 3rd to 1st in Heat 14....

No he didn't Bellego won from the gate, BWD lifted on the back straight to allow Greaves through.

Schlien's good ride was heat 12. Which was probably the last heat worth watching of the night. Whether he could have breezed past Musielak had Musilak been riding his own bike rather than Morris bike is a different matter. And no doubt some numpty will say "Morris bike looked quick enough in heats 13 & 15 hahaha" but a riders bike setup is surely personal.

Still not perfect tonight. Riss should have been in heat 8, Greaves in heat 9.

I thought the track was awful in the later heats, but it started off Ok. I don't expect many passes at Swindon but Jan O Pedersen (circa 1988) could have had 30 laps to pass Nigel Leaver on that track after heat 15 & not got close.

Thought Carr should have been excluded heat 2 & no way did Morris make the 2 mins in heat 13.

Morris made the 2 minutes fine, the rule is you just have to be on the track, riding in the correct direction for racing to the tapes.

• Like 1

No he didn't Bellego won from the gate, BWD lifted on the back straight to allow Greaves through.

Ah yes, my bad!

Schlien's good ride was heat 12. Which was probably the last heat worth watching of the night. Whether he could have breezed past Musielak had Musilak been riding his own bike rather than Morris bike is a different matter. And no doubt some numpty will say "Morris bike looked quick enough in heats 13 & 15 hahaha" but a riders bike setup is surely personal.

I know Doyle has a world championship to think about but I would be disappointed with his efforts if I was a Swindon fan. Without Lindgren or Thorsell to worry about he should have got a max and to get beaten by a reserve!

Great donuts and curry sauce and chips, but Swindling Swindon, extra quid for 4 extra prog pages.

Good crowd, good atmosphere, but so few away fans now, compared to the 2009 final. Good bunch of peeps from the Black and Gold country.

Congrats to Wolves but not over yet. Robins clawed the 12 deficit back to 4. Poole led at Swindon after first leg defeat.

Far too complacent, Wolves wanted it more.

Excellent season though finishing top, well done guys.

Edited by beefy keefy
  • Like 1