British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

Yikkees, how long did that rule exist? Because I'm certain it was always "on the way to tapes"

It always used to be that way, but certainly as early as 2009 the "ready to race" rule was in place.

It always used to be that way, but certainly as early as 2009 the "ready to race" rule was in place.

I think Gemini is right then, as I could have sworn it wasn't that long ago it was just on the way to tapes!

I recall it being rider at the tapes ready to race. Don’t know when it was changed - maybe to coincide with banning riders taking the rushed short cut across the centre green.

Swindon are now clearly favorites but a lot will depend on firstly if Doyley puts it all in 100% and how fit Ellis really is.

Could be closer than people think.

Nice to see the sore loser from Poole chomping away still

The weather looks like it will behave itself for both legs...

I think it will be close.

Show me where you or anyone else predicted differently.

There's 2 for a start off!!!

• Like 1

I recall it being rider at the tapes ready to race. Don’t know when it was changed - maybe to coincide with banning riders taking the rushed short cut across the centre green.

I think you are right and both came in at the same time.

I just wish they would change the rules so that the delays between races are reduced and not introduce one that increases the delays. The old one was ok and after a few riders being told they were out of the race they would soon get them to the start earlier.

• Like 1

I think the Robins will be really fired up for this after their shameful performance at Blunsdon. On most other tracks I would have a bit of confidence about them. I do like meetings from Monmore, but it is our worst away track.

Still, we are still in it, and you never know what can happen.

• Like 2

What a shame the grand final has now turned into the biggest anti climax the sport has seen since the inception of the playoffs.

Deary me,was it really!!!!!!!!!!!!

Say what you like about Adams but he is a winner, second is first loser to him.

OK, he's first loser :)

• Like 1

OK, he's first loser :)

More league titles than anyone else. Winner in my book.

• Like 2

Yep, I like Peter Adams. Surprised that Shovy is commenting on hairstyles, even Matt Ford hasn't been able to help with his comb-over :)