British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

well done Wolves, a thoroughly deserved victory, if I was a Wolves fan I'd be asking SS to say "the return leg will be a walk in the park for Wolves"

• Like 1

well done Wolves, a thoroughly deserved victory, if I was a Wolves fan I'd be asking SS to say "the return leg will be a walk in the park for Wolves"

I'd rather he didn't, thank you !

Great donuts and curry sauce and chips, but Swindling Swindon, extra quid for 4 extra prog pages.

Good crowd, good atmosphere, but so few away fans now, compared to the 2009 final. Good bunch of peeps from the Black and Gold country.

Congrats to Wolves but not over yet. Robins clawed the 12 deficit back to 4. Poole led at Swindon after first leg defeat.

Far too complacent, Wolves wanted it more.

Excellent season though finishing top, well done guys.

To be fair, I think we would have traveled better with a full team. Most (myself included) thought we were in for a hiding with only 5 Wolves riders available.

• Like 1

Great donuts and curry sauce and chips, but Swindling Swindon, extra quid for 4 extra prog pages.

Good crowd, good atmosphere, but so few away fans now, compared to the 2009 final. Good bunch of peeps from the Black and Gold country.

Congrats to Wolves but not over yet. Robins clawed the 12 deficit back to 4. Poole led at Swindon after first leg defeat.

Far too complacent, Wolves wanted it more.

Excellent season though finishing top, well done guys.

Swindling? Really? Admission prices were unchanged. A programme is something you don't have to buy. Wolves are sticking 2 quid on admission at 19 quid, I think I read.

Last night we paid 39 for 3 of us to get in. My son wanted a programme, so we bought one between us. Had he not wanted one, we wouldn't have bought one.

I've not heard of a club not putting admission up for a grand final before. Much better to put that money onto a programme, which is optional.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 6

Swindling? Really? Admission prices were unchanged. A programme is something you don't have to buy. Wolves are sticking 2 quid on admission at 19 quid, I think I read.

Last night we paid 39 for 3 of us to get in. My son wanted a programme, so we bought one between us. Had he not wanted one, we wouldn't have bought one.

I've not heard of a club not putting admission up for a grand final before. Much better to put that money onto a programme, which is optional.

According to the official site, it's £20 for adults and £15 for concessions.Glad I've got a season ticket, cheaper and can avoid the queues.

• Like 1

Edited by sedgleywolf

There's always an excuse when you are looking for one.. On Tatum's track inspection, he pointed out the state of the track being grippy on the inside and outside and slick in the middle. Surely Tatum wasn't the only person who checked the track out ?? .... Are you saying Rosco hadn't bothered to check because rain was forecast. Sez it all.......

It's not what said or asked in your first post ..your question was why the track was like it was and then saying the blame was on Rosco for having it like that .

As I explained and it was confirmed by Tatum after speaking to Ronnie Russell that it had to be like that due to the heavy rain over the weekend and the poor forcast for the afternoon of the meeting ...not an excuse as the track was the same for both sides just the facts ..no doubt a great trackman like yourself would have covered the track in heavy dirt so if it did rain the match would have had no chance of taking place and Swindon speedway would have lost there biggest crowd and income of the season .

Your Point about Rosco looking at the track and then getting his riders to adap to it if a another and maybe a valid point but not the question you asked in your first post .

Edited by orion

To be fair, I think we would have traveled better with a full team. Most (myself included) thought we were in for a hiding with only 5 Wolves riders available.

The few I spoke to said thought they would be battered, so fair play to the 50 or so on the back straight that made the journey south.

8 years ago it was a second leg meeting, Wolves had one hand on the trophy after the home leg, so hundreds turned up. At least no Yam Yobbos there last night.

Must have been over 3000 there last night, but still hundreds have not returned since Adams departed.

Great to see so many at The Abbey for the latter part of the campaign, New and ex-fans.

Edited by beefy keefy
  • Like 1

Did they go too safe with the track prep? would the home leg been completely forfeited if last night had been rained off or was there a restaging date already planned for that scenario?

Trouble is its not the first time Ron has done this, do you recall a play off semi between Arena Essex and Swindon when the track was super super slick, and Leigh Adams said he has never seen Arena as slick as that, Can't recall if Hammers won although i think we did and i recall Tomasz Jedrezek playing quite pivitol part but boy did we (The Hammers) get slated for it.

According to the official site, it's £20 for adults and £15 for concessions.Glad I've got a season ticket, cheaper and can avoid the queues.

Never understood the logic behind the price increase for the Final other than an attempt to rip off fans.

Even Swindon restricted their increase to £1 for adults and no increase for concessions.

Never understood the logic behind the price increase for the Final other than an attempt to rip off fans.

Even Swindon restricted their increase to £1 for adults and no increase for concessions.

To make more money is the logic ...in all over sports finals cost more to get in why not speedway ..After all clubs are losing money so why should they not make some to help them out .

As for a rip off ..there is no con ..the price is £ 20 to watch the final. You then have the choice to pay that or not ,there is no law forcing you to go .

Wolves have it.

The Robin logo with the surrendering wings needs to be changed for next season!

Bloody weirdest robin I've ever seen! It's a swallow innit.

• Like 1

Bloody weirdest robin I've ever seen! It's a swallow innit.

Said that when first seeing it.

• Like 1

Admission prices were unchanged.

• Like 1