British Speedway Forum
Wolfsbane

Premiership Grand Final 1st Leg Swindon V Wolves 02.10.17

Seeing as the rulebook allows the SCB to override any rule, could they not cancel their transfer deadline and allow Wolves to sign Tai Woffinden?

Seeing as the rulebook allows the SCB to override any rule, could they not cancel their transfer deadline and allow Wolves to sign Tai Woffinden?

Why not, even he's not much cop at The Abbey

So Wolves have selected Bomber as the best guest option (No disrespect to Rebels, Stars or Lions but the guest had to come from Rye!), but I don't understand why they didn't go for KK??!! ;-) ;-)

Meanwhile, another injured rider declares him self fit to race for Swindon - Adam Ellis!!

Edited by Skidder1

Are you this much of a dîck in real life or is it something you just save up for the internet ?

So you think the final is still going to be a close, tense thriller?

Open your eyes! Its now virtually a non event!

No doubt if Poole were still in it and were facing a weakened Wolves then they would still be massive underdogs.

I think I would be taking the champers to spray after the first leg.

That is what everyone thought Elit Vetlanda would do. Everyone expected Vetlanda to have won before the interval in leg 2 but everyone was

wrong and Smederna crushed Vetlanda at Vetlanda's own track where they have been more or less unbeatable for many years.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 3

Swindon are now clearly favorites but a lot will depend on firstly if Doyley puts it all in 100% and how fit Ellis really is.

Could be closer than people think.

Nice to see the sore loser from Poole chomping away still

That is what everyone thought Elit Vetlanda would do. Everyone expected Vetlanda to have won before the interval in leg 2 but everyone was

wrong and Smederna crushed Vetlanda at Vetlanda's own track where they have been more or less unbeatable for many years.

True. It was a shock. But there are big differences in that final and this one. With due respect losing your top two is a disaster. Harris for Lindgren is the best that Wolves could do, and weakens Wolves, but r/r for a rider vitually unbeatable around Monmore leaves a hole so big Swindon will just walk through.

I hope I am wrong but really, this will all be over by 9.30pm on Monday night. Any of the teams in the league would see off the current Wolves team over two legs.

Here's an idea. wolves stand down as they are injury ravaged and only got there due to a terrble referee decision, the bspa present them with a "good try" trophy, and the final is between Belle Vue and Swindon. At least then we would have two thrilling meetings.

(Awaits incredulous comments)

Swindon are no doubt massive favs to win now and will looking to rack up a win of between 16 and 20 points to take to Wolves . What they must do is get the mind set right and not think it's easy and slip up .

The luck has fallen for Swindon and they really have to make the most of it with a title on the line ..

• Like 2

Are Swindon keeping to normal admission prices?

Wolves look to have added £2.00 on admission & 50p on the proggy.

Are Swindon keeping to normal admission prices?

Wolves look to have added £2.00 on admission & 50p on the proggy.

Normal £17 at Swindon tomo but £4 programme which is a quid extra.

Harris steps in. I would have gone for Nicholls as he is riding on top form at the minute.

So you think the final is still going to be a close, tense thriller?

Open your eyes! Its now virtually a non event!

I'm not really looking for a close, tense thriller - I am looking for Swindon to win and nights like last Monday up to heat 12, I can do without.

I am looking for Swindon to build up a big lead tomorrow (20 points would be nice) and finish it off on Wednesday.

What I don't need is a Poole fan trying to take the gloss of the title before it is won. Whoever wins will deserve it as we have the top 2 teams from the league campaign.

If I was a wolves fan of course I would be gutted but I wouldn't be throwing the towel in just yet. As pointed out previously, Swindon have gone into matches this year without their top 2 and come away with a win - so nothing is certain.

COYR

• Like 2

I'm not really looking for a close, tense thriller - I am looking for Swindon to win and nights like last Monday up to heat 12, I can do without.

I am looking for Swindon to build up a big lead tomorrow (20 points would be nice) and finish it off on Wednesday.

What I don't need is a Poole fan trying to take the gloss of the title before it is won. Whoever wins will deserve it as we have the top 2 teams from the league campaign.

If I was a wolves fan of course I would be gutted but I wouldn't be throwing the towel in just yet. As pointed out previously, Swindon have gone into matches this year without their top 2 and come away with a win - so nothing is certain.

COYR

Of course the gloss has come off. The final has been rendered a virtual non event. Not Swindons fault of course but as a spectacle the crown jewel of the season has been completely ruined. Swindon fans will of course disagree.

The rules don't allow it but r/r in a final looks bad and is bad. Perhaps issues like this can be looked at at the agm. If a rider is deemed by the scb, (and not a dodgy doctors note)to be out through a speedway related injury, a guest can fill the spot. Doesn't help Wolves this week though.

Just wanted to add that I am really gutted for Lindgren in the SGPs. The same thing happened to Jason last year so I hope Freddie comes back strong next year. Freddie isn't my favourite rider but he has been loyal to British speedway and it's a shame that he cannot lead the Wolves in the grand final matches in the Premiership.

• Like 5